We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New Magic Mushrooms Could Fix Depression, Addiction, Epilepsy, and More Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 12/20/2020 10:34:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Kozikowski and his company, Bright Minds Biosciences, have picked up Hoffman’s discarded thread, dusting off 50-year-old pharmacology shunted aside by the drug war. A retired professor in medicinal chemistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Kozikowksi has patented several compounds that are similar to psychedelic mushrooms, but don’t activate the 5-HT2B receptor, as mushroom-derived psilocybin will do.

Put simply, “We’re trying to reinvent psilocybin,” he said.

But exactly how, and which of the other receptors to target, and in what volume, presents a research question. The research question.

Some patients might want the feelings of empathy, euphoria, and reflection without the physical and cognitive sensations of a “trip.” There are ways to increase the body’s metabolism so that the “trip” time is shortened. But eliminating that altogether activity means the resulting drug may not be an effective treatment. Otherwise, there would be no therapeutic effect.

“What’s important about 2A activity is that it allows one to reset the brain,” Kozikowski said. “It’s a way to rewire the brain. We want 2A activity.”

For this reason, most—if not all—psilocybin-based treatments might require the “guided” therapy seen in experimental mushroom treatments in Canada. Unless, possibly, a therapy just hit the 5-HT2C receptor. Activity at that receptor “can make you feel full, it quiets you down,” he added. “It has all kinds of wonderful effects.”

More at https://observer.com/202...locybin-cure-depression/

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/20/2020 11:27:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing!

I think any research into the area of pharmacology and psychedelics is extremely interesting.

That being said, and I may be completely wrong here, but I feel like you can't improve on the natural psychedelics... And that their "side-effects" are part of what makes them special. I feel like if you don't have a real trip, and the difficulties that might arise during them, you will miss on a large part of the benefits.

Kumarajiva
#3 Posted : 12/21/2020 4:08:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychedelic component is essential for the healing factor. Mental part and perception shift plays major role.
Removing it is asking for trouble. (IMHO)
Gate Gate Pāragate Pārasaṃgate Bodhi Svāhā