We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
40 grams powder mixed in water on simmer Options

DreamWaves
#1 Posted : 1/29/2010 7:09:21 PM

SWIM

Well lipton tea bags are quite weak and ended up breaking. So I had to just let all 40 grams stir in the liquid. Next time I'll use a muslinebag.

Anyway how long should I simmer this liquid? It looks like pea soup lol but a little less thick than soup. I guess I'll just strain it through a coffee filter when I'm done or something, not really sure.

"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence Mckenna

"Once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - Hunter S. Thompson

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Shadowman-x
#2 Posted : 1/29/2010 8:11:20 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

6-12 hours should get most of the alks out. But the only way to tell is when the cactus isn't bitter.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Touche Guevara
#3 Posted : 1/29/2010 8:14:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Add a little citric acid. Squeezing a lemon is fine. A coffee filter would take forever to drain though, maybe use a cheese cloth or t-shirt.

DreamWaves
#4 Posted : 1/29/2010 10:36:55 PM

SWIM

Well after 4 hours I woke up and went to go check on it, it loss a little liquid and had a thick layer on top. I stirred it all up and drained it in a large cheese cloth, wrapped it, and squeezed all the juice out, like ALL even some goo came out.

The remaining cacti matter was then scraped back into the pot, and I added a little bit of water to mix it up. It didn't dissolve very well so I'm assuming I got most out of it, but I decided to heat it up anyway and stir to do one more filtering. When I added heat it dissolved a little better.

So after I combine the next bit of filtered liquid, I'll go ahead and throw it in the oven. My oven only does 170 degrees at the minimum, do you think that is too hot? The tek calls for 150 in the oven.

Thanks for the help guys.
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence Mckenna

"Once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - Hunter S. Thompson