We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Possible inoculation of grassland with liberty cap water mix Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 11/17/2020 6:22:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi All,

I thought this was mighty interesting, a clip sent to me by a mycologist friend. His friend inoculated some grassland with a mix of chopped up "ripe" (so presumably sporulating) liberty cap (P. semilanceata) mushrooms, around 50 mushrooms to 5 litres or so, well stirred and then applied this to the patch of field (where there were none before). He said it was had taken a while (he inoculated the field 4 years previously), but now the field is absolutely teaming with mushrooms.

I find this very interesting...obviously, this is just a sample size of one, so one needs to be wary about inferring too much, but I do feel that this is worthy of investigation and replication. While there has been research on inoculating wood-loving mushrooms in this manner (and it hasn't been shown to be particularly effective) there has been barely any research on this method for grassland mushrooms (this being referred to as a "sylvan bias" in mycology by one UK mycologist). I thought it may be of interest to some Nexians.

Edit: Will link the relevant clip if I get permission from source to upload to YouTube.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#2 Posted : 11/17/2020 7:18:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I'd love to find some LCs.

As you said, it does seem woodlovers don't respond too well to simply pouring spore water in my experience. I only have a couple years to draw from, but none of the places where I've poured literally gallons of very dark spore water upon have fruited anything. It's too bad, as your post indicates, it should spread them far and wide...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 11/17/2020 7:27:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Link to a relevant paper at the shroomery (downloads pdf):
http://files.shroomery.o...20of%20its%20habitat.pdf
The title of the link is misleading, it is actually for Keay and Brown (1990), "Colonization by Psilocybe semilanceafa of roots of grassland flora."

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 11/17/2020 7:28:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes this approach isn't effective with wood loving fungi...but its potential with grassland-dwelling fungi hasn't been investigated in any detail as far as I'm aware. So different rules may apply here. It's definitely worthy of experimentation I think.

Thanks for the paper Thumbs up

dithyramb
#5 Posted : 11/18/2020 8:44:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is huge. Eagerly waiting for the video!
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

PedroSanchez
#6 Posted : 11/25/2020 11:22:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i didnt manage to gather much this season, but next year i might have to give it a try. whats the worst that can happen.

BnaiRagshee
#7 Posted : 11/25/2020 12:16:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wood lovers may not respond well to spores being sprayed. But I have seen people colonize wood chips and spread them over a wide area and get many patches of Ps. Cyanescens.
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 11/25/2020 4:03:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PedroSanchez wrote:
i didnt manage to gather much this season, but next year i might have to give it a try. whats the worst that can happen.

My thoughts exactly. Little to be lost (bar a few mushrooms) and potentially a lot to be gained by giving this a go.

Quote:
This is huge. Eagerly waiting for the video!

Unfortunately I don't have permission to share the clip I saw from the person who filmed it...trying to find out if I can obtain an edited clip or some images instead.

infinitynlove
#9 Posted : 12/30/2020 3:40:07 PM

Mushroom Explorer

hey

I tried this a few years ago, we found so many libs one season when we where washing them in plain water before drying. The water was deep purple with spores so we thought why not empty the water in a watering can and go water a golf course with it

we did over several weeks, watered the same spot that seemed viable for growth

we had no flushes that season and no flushes the next season...

I can only assume the microbiome of the soil was incorrect and / or the golf course was sprayed with fungicides.

I wanted to try it again on a sheep field or other animal dwelling field but we have never had a yield like that since and have not had the water to try it out again...

if anyone gets this to work in the future please do let me know, I am really interested in this subject

Peace :~)
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM