We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Coping with Scary/Intense Trips Options

Tomtegubbe
#21 Posted : 12/24/2020 7:07:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sinbad wrote:
"Tomtegubbe" wrote:
Sinbad, have you read this article by Nick Sand? http://psychedelicfronti...bit-more-dmt-nick-sand/

I think there's excellent advice on that article on clarifying your intention and how to go deeper.

"So I had to let DMT seduce me along the path of the vision quest, through beauty and mystery, until my rigid psychological structures and boundaries had relaxed enough and I had gathered enough courage to look beyond the veils of these incredible designs."

I promise you I'm working on an adequate reply. The fact that I haven't just responded immediately with something to satiate as a reply means that I'm genuinely thinking about it as something worthwhile to think about.

Maybe I'm thinking about this too hard, but I have 2 small rough drafts about what I was planning to say
I appreciate your diligence. 🙂 I think it's safe to test and change your ideas regarding these territories. It's still an uncharted world for most of the mankind both personally and communally, so there's no reason to expect anyone to have the exact answers.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Clem81
#22 Posted : 12/24/2020 2:38:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Yeah it's def something to consider when exploring these other realm, there are skills to develop and strategies to be tried when dealing with scary experiences.

This nexus wiki entry and the integration-dedicated part below it go over some ideas. Can you relate to those, and have you ever tried any other strategies that worked for you?

I had a very bad trip recently. Everything was going nice, brightly coloured geometry, a few flashing faces. As I started to feel myself return though, a dark entity appeared hovering over me and grabbed my head. I didn't feel overly scared but my body went into a full blown panic attack....chest was on fire and I could feel my heard beating like a humming birds wings.

I remember thinking "I'm dead". Thankfully I returned a minute later. This experience has taught me to respect the molecule a lot, but I won't let it put me off.

Now I plan my trips days in advance to give time to prepare. I find 10-15 mins meditation prior really helps, along with some relaxing tunes during the trip. Also I prefer to ease into the trip over 4-5 hits rather than a one toke blastoff.

May your next journey be a much better one.

Tomtegubbe
#23 Posted : 12/24/2020 8:27:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Clem81 wrote:
endlessness wrote:
Yeah it's def something to consider when exploring these other realm, there are skills to develop and strategies to be tried when dealing with scary experiences.

This nexus wiki entry and the integration-dedicated part below it go over some ideas. Can you relate to those, and have you ever tried any other strategies that worked for you?

I had a very bad trip recently. Everything was going nice, brightly coloured geometry, a few flashing faces. As I started to feel myself return though, a dark entity appeared hovering over me and grabbed my head. I didn't feel overly scared but my body went into a full blown panic attack....chest was on fire and I could feel my heard beating like a humming birds wings.

I remember thinking "I'm dead". Thankfully I returned a minute later. This experience has taught me to respect the molecule a lot, but I won't let it put me off.

Now I plan my trips days in advance to give time to prepare. I find 10-15 mins meditation prior really helps, along with some relaxing tunes during the trip. Also I prefer to ease into the trip over 4-5 hits rather than a one toke blastoff.

May your next journey be a much better one.

One thing which I think greatly helps in preparation is to exercise gratitude before diving in. Maybe say something nice to someone before going in and tune into positive frequencies. Preparing too much in too serious mood can be counterproductive as you need to be able to let go once the experience kicks in.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

PREV12