We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Advice on large batch extractions Options

00Burnout
#1 Posted : 11/11/2020 3:33:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Normally I use 50-100g of MHRB for my extractions, always using max ion. This last time around I used 200g and it took way too many pulls to get a 2% yield. I know that it's typically more efficient to do multiple small batches, but I'm looking at using a kilo of bark and stocking up.

My question is, is there a way to efficiently do a large batch extraction, or should I just stick with doing multiple smaller extractions? I want to get it done as quickly as possible, since my gf's kids are with us most of the week, granted if the happen across any underway extractions we can just tell them we're making soap. Especially so since I prefer to evap my NPS rather than freeze precipitate. My freezer sucks and is usually packed with food anyway.

I tried searching for answers but couldn't find any topics on large batch extractions, maybe I wasn't using the right keywords. Anyway, thank you in advance. I appreciate all of you.

Much love,
Burnout

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Triglav
#2 Posted : 11/11/2020 3:57:55 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

Please remove the part of your post where you talk about buying MHRB.

One option is to get larger vessels. Other option is to just stick to multiple smaller extractions. It is also true that a very small amount of DMT when vaped properly can last a very long time. For example if you extract 1g of DMT and if a good dose is 35mg of vaped DMT, you have 28 very strong doses and I doubt you'll want to be taking that strong doses all the time. I hope I got my point through clearly.

Have a great day! Smile

00Burnout
#3 Posted : 11/11/2020 4:06:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Updated post, thank you.

I'll probably stick with smaller batches in that case. I doubt I have the storage space for a vessel that size. The one I'm using is perfect for 100-200g.

I plan on playing around with pharma, and usually stick with changa over vaporized freebase. I enjoy the depth and clarity that good changa has. Pure freebase is usually overwhelming and I end up back on the ground before I can get past the shock and awe.

My girl and I travel frequently, and I love to share with friends, so 1g doesn't last as long as one would think.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/15/2020 8:58:20 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Another option is simultaneous multiple extractions, if you can double up (or more) on the vessels you use. You would want to plan the workflow carefully should you choose to proceed with this route. Personally, I think having any more than three on the go at the same time would be excessive, just form a perspective of the likelihood of stuff getting spilt.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

anonhippie
#5 Posted : 11/16/2020 9:06:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You could also try a more traditional A/B. STB teks require a large amount of water relative to the source material. But with A/B you can evaporate the combined acid solution pulls down to less space than the source material.

For instance:

150g MHRB
3L total combined pulls of solution
reduce to <1L before basify

Now it all fits in your previous containers.