We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cant Smoalk For The Life of Me Options

Ramma
#1 Posted : 11/7/2020 10:36:06 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

I've been on a changa break for a long time and I've just remembered why.

The moment I toke my heart starts beating LIKE CRAZY

it literally feels like me whole body is beating

but its my heart rate--it sky rockets to insane proportions.

1 toke...ok lets calm the heart down 2min.

2nd toke...ok, same crazy heart beat. rest a min.

3rd toke...Ok, yeah, this isnt gonna work, I'm glad I'm alive and see things in sharper color and feel somewhat reset.

But yeah. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE? Last time I smoalked was like 1 year ago and the same thing had happened. I had tried Aya earlier this morning, that ROA doesnt send my heart beat insane, but I puked out the MHRB before any effect :/

I had forgotten that taste...I had forgotten (Im still forgetful) how otherworldy the sensation is

I feel amazing. still kinda psyched out, but im getting back to sober. gonna have a great night's sleep
Behold, a sower went out to sow

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 11/7/2020 4:40:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been smoking dmt around two years now, and I still experience pre flight anxiety. My heart beats faster, I get a fight or flight reaction every time I decide for certain to sit down with the pipe.

My advice is slow deep breathing to calm yourself beforehand. Also, invest in a device which allows you to consume the entire dose with one toke (gvg, emesh, bong with enhanced leaf).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Ramma
#3 Posted : 11/8/2020 8:18:12 AM

nono, not pre flight anxiety, thats common. This is a different thing. I've come to think maybe its that particular batch of changa thats bad...

tseuq
#4 Posted : 11/8/2020 8:41:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salut Ramma, some thought on your topic:

*anxiety is a protective function of our body and all it does is raising the level of our physical arousal (accelerating the pulse, raising the blood pressure and so on), to be ready to fight or flight. It focus our attention on a possible dangerous stimulus to make us aware of a possible risk, like an alarm system, it says "watch out bro and do it properly" (f.e. "smoalk that whole f***** spice and do not spill any of it!" Smile BUT it does not say "you are going to be a mess" ... this is just how we tend to interpret fear, how our thoughts display a possible negative outcome but it is not. Anxiety and fear are not about interpretation, they are about focus and commitment to what you are doing right now. We tend to take the appearance of emotions f.e. fear as a proof of the rightness of our thoughts "I am going to be a mess" or "I will terribly fail", but this kind of creating evidence is called "emotionale Beweisführung" (sry I do not know the english term for it).

*it is simply a learning process and we have to go till the end, again and again, without any cheating!!! To experience that it is "all ok". Imagine you have to jump 100 times off a high cliff. The first 5 times you will probably shit your pants and the next 10 times you will only pee in your pants and the next 20 times you will enter the water dry and the next 20 times after the last ones you maybe enter the water with a smile on your face and at your 100th jump you might think of doing a head jump to make it more interesting. When you did all these jumps without any cheating you make 100 times the experience that you can do it and that you are getting better in it and that you are not only struggeling to survive and try not to shit your pants, like in the first few jumps, but you are maybe able enjoy the panaroma during your flight. BUT every cheating creates a backdoor for your doubts, because if it is not safe or if you can not do it you would not have to cheat. - our mind is sharper than a razor blade and takes everything absolutely serious. This is the learning curve and it does not apply only on psychedelics but all we are doing.

*preanxiety takes the longest to change. So even if you jumped already 20 times and made the experience that you are ok, you still might tremble when thinking of jumping from this high cliff the next time. Just remember, it is ok and jump.

*do not let your body sensations (or anything else) get in your way, bro. You are the master, keep breathing and do it, what ever you desire.

I felt pretty much the same in my beginnings, especially when reaching the first mindshattering highdose / breakthough experiences and thinking of doing it all again.. uff.. and now I love it and totally go with it, give myself into it, LSDMT (LSD + changa) is my absolute favourite way to go!

All the best on your way, keep smiling regardless of the revealing panaorama and salute life, it is you.
tseuq

edit: I saw your post just after I posted my reply. I am pretty slow writing in english. What do you mean with bad changa? That the Iso did not evaporate fully or any other "impurities"? Maybe you burn the spice instead of evaporating it, then work on the technique and roa.
Ramma wrote:
nono, not pre flight anxiety, thats common. This is a different thing. I've come to think maybe its that particular batch of changa thats bad...
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 11/8/2020 3:02:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tseuq, very good post!!
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Jees
#6 Posted : 11/8/2020 4:31:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Tseuq, very good post!!

I agree Thumbs up
I remember a slackliner way of approach: "The body is scared, but not the mind."

Suitjumpers tale: "It starts to get dangerous if you're not afraid any more."
Not that ours is so dangerous, but the analogy is there.

Ramma
#7 Posted : 11/8/2020 7:18:18 PM

Ive broken through hundreds of times, and its safe to say this isnt pr flight anxiety or anything like that, but a bodily reaction to the first inhalation of DMT which if not adressed could cause a heartatack or serious effect, for the heart rate sky rockets to extreme degrees.

Thanks for writing your advice though everyone ! If this has happened to someone before please fill me in

Jees
#8 Posted : 11/8/2020 7:51:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ramma wrote:
... for the heart rate sky rockets to extreme degrees...
I've been there, and one seriously asks when it's gonna pop. Having such a things on your mind while going-in is not a good combo. I hear you.

When I wrote about it, people answered mostly in the style of: yeah some hearth beat intensity but not to worry. Somehow, this 'problem' solved itself more or less, because now I'm also in the not-worry segment. Pre flight anxiety yes, but no more a feeling that my heart can pop any second.

It's also possible that the beat elevation is not actually alarming, but the experience is. Just like you keep breath in and think, wow, I feel like holding breath in for many minutes, it starts to feel like I could hold my breath forever, then you start to worry that you are choking yourself without any signs of air shortage, then you start to breath because you think you're killing yourself. Thinking: I'm gonna breath because I'm afraid I'm holding in for way to long.
All these worries are actually experienced as true, but possibly completely false in reality. I'd call it for the occasion: the exaggerated ascertainment of something that is smaller in reality, due the dmt.
In that category I could also place the time freeze experience. It's like your notifying brain is working in another time pattern as the world around you, or what you are used to, and can lead to panic.
Maybe your hearth beat elevation is there indeed, but notified x10000.
This is an option, a possibility only.

Northerner
#9 Posted : 11/8/2020 9:49:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some time ago I found the elevated heart rate from changa alarming at times, it was like my heart was pounding in my chest. Rather than worry about it I went about improving my cardiovascular health so I knew it was within my limits of tolerance.

After a run or a swim I would check my heart rate, see how it felt, then compare it to how it felt with changa. The more fit I was the better I dealt with the exercise and the better my body dealt with the sudden onset of the alkaloids. Then it became a non issue as my heart was beating like that every day at some stage and never blew up.

Sure I can still feel my heart rate elevated, but it's within healthy norms now.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

tseuq
#10 Posted : 11/8/2020 10:52:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, guys.

Ramma wrote:
.. but a bodily reaction to the first inhalation of DMT ..

You said something about a "bad batch", I guess, I would get new material and test if I react the same way with this other stuff.

Safe travels, tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

Jees
#11 Posted : 11/9/2020 12:20:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BTW Ramma, have you tried a (google) search:
site: dmt-nexus.me racing AND heart
this leads to several hits.

There's also the possibility that with a bigger dose, and/or all in one took instead of multiples, you simply jump over all that stuff. It potentially could be administering technique related.

Duncan Disorderly
#12 Posted : 11/9/2020 4:11:58 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

I realize this question may be a bit obvious, but since you haven't mentioned anything, I must ask. Have you sought medical help to see if you do have a heart condition? Eliminating this as a possible cause would be prudent, IMO. In fact, it could prove life-saving.

At times, I believe my heart races in a comparable way, feeling as if it could burst from my chest. Personally speaking, it doesn't worry me, and I like the sensation. I feel energized by this as if my life force is more pronounced. Also, there's no pain associated with the sensation. Yes, it feels a tad scary when your heart turns into a bongo drum. What happens when we're scared? Our heart rate increases. Perhaps your fear of this sensation only helps to compound it further.

If there are no concerning medical problems, then I wonder if this issue is centered more in your mind than your heart.

Peace.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

SynKyd
#13 Posted : 11/10/2020 1:58:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you tried plain crystal? Could be your other changa ingredients causing you the distress.
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

Seeingisbelieving
#14 Posted : 11/10/2020 2:45:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I would go to a doctor for sure, without mentioning the smoalking.

Ramma
#15 Posted : 11/10/2020 8:47:26 PM

SynKyd wrote:
Have you tried plain crystal? Could be your other changa ingredients causing you the distress.

I'm gonna try this.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

KuzeMaf
#16 Posted : 11/17/2020 8:20:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After 10 years I finally no longer get pre flight anxiety. It took 10 FREAKIN Years!

But on the hearbeat note, i'd bet it's either fight or flight mechanisms (possibly induced by the changa, or an ingredient) that is assuming you don't have a medical condtion...

But you absolutely must successfully vape some plain crystal and see if you experience a similar uncomfortable effect..

tseuq wrote:

......... LSDMT (LSD + changa) is my absolute favourite way to go!

[/quote]

LSDMT for the win. Strong Changa with LSD is ineffably interesting.
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.