We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Longest DMT break you've taken? Options

ijahdan
#21 Posted : 12/21/2020 12:43:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I Think about it often, especially during the day, at work, but then the time comes when I have the time and space to hit it, and I find some excuses not to. Just not feeling confident in my abilities at the moment. However, Ive given away a lot of the changa Id made over the last few years and received so much gratitude from my friends, which made me realise that its not all about my own use of this substance which is important, but more about making it available for those in the right time and space to benefit from it, as I have done in the past. My time will come again, and the ting is always there, ready to go, so no worries about how long.

Having said that, cactus, mushrooms and syrian rue have helped me through tbis break period immensely!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

numinoid
#22 Posted : 12/26/2020 7:19:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's been over 3 years.

There's that feeling, or thought in "the waiting room" or anxious phase, on the "other side" where one is now "in.":

"Oh no! I'm here again! When I come down, I've got to dispose of the stash so I don't end up here again."

Of course, all these anxiety-laden experiences are lower dose, and the answer is to get a full, or breakthrough dose, so one is propelled far beyond (or inward) for such concerns and only experience them briefly, if at all.

The treasure, for me, has already been claimed: the knowledge/experience that "perceived reality" is a creation of mind, and that one never comes in actual contact with anything else in experience. My experience of reality is brain generated, and I have never experienced anything other than the virtual brain generated construction - ever.

Dr. Donald Hoffman, Dr. Anil Seth, and many other researchers now totally affirming that the Science shows this.

ms_manic_minxx
#23 Posted : 12/27/2020 4:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I took +/- 10 years off. When I came back, everything was exactly where I left it. The doors were still open.

You're never really separate from the other side, it's always present and running in the background. A break can be useful - you will accumulate new life experiences, which will inform a new perspective when you return.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

#24 Posted : 12/27/2020 6:29:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

It's been about 2-3 years, and prior to that it was 1-2 experiences per year. Though the very first year I started smoking/vaping dmt I was doing it multiple times per month. It's been such a profound thing for me every time that I've done it, aside from maybe a handful of times of duds/lower dosages.

Just a caveat: I was/am using either a low harmala changa, or sublingual harmalas @30-50mg + either vaped dmt or eleaf in reference to above.

Definitely want to plan a smoked experience here soon with some older changa that's been sitting around. There's definitely always a bit of trepidation, but it's out of complete respect, knowing where this experience can go quickly if i'm not careful. For me sensitivity to the experience has definitely changed over the years.

Matoskah wrote:

It's just... you know how it is; especially in those high doses.

Big grin

Voidmatrix
#25 Posted : 12/28/2020 6:45:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

After my fifth trip (immediately after my fourth, at which point I was told to ease back) I took a 6 year break. Part of it was that I couldn't find any and didn't have the confidence to consider extracting myself, but more so because I learned my lesson. It's something that has stuck with me so much so that I have been spending the past few years at moderately low doses (sometimes still breakthrough though. It's not unwelcome), reframing my relationship with the spice.
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

slane
#26 Posted : 12/29/2020 6:56:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
I took +/- 10 years off. When I came back, everything was exactly where I left it. The doors were still open.

You're never really separate from the other side, it's always present and running in the background. A break can be useful - you will accumulate new life experiences, which will inform a new perspective when you return.

Isn't it great? Also, I almost felt like the essence of DMT when I returned to it had been distilled, that it was no longer a flurry of messages, and instead one very simple one. (( LOVE IS THE PRIORITY. LOVE IS THE ANSWER. )) Of course that's just my individual experience.

I haven't completely broken through yet since my return, so maybe I need to "allow" for it to get hectic again... I don't think I will though. There's rue on the way, and I prefer my trips to be a little slower Smile

acacian
#27 Posted : 12/29/2020 8:56:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

These days I tend to keep it to 2-3 breakthroughs a year.. sometimes less.. sometimes more. It really depends on circumstances. The place that awaits you ain't going anywhere and I think its good to have periods without it and come back to it after learning and growing.. But Since I started using it I've never gone more than year except for one year when I was overseas that I didn't touch base with it on some level..

Regardless I think about it everyday and the experiences mean so much to me.. they are some of the most sacred moments I've experienced and it just keeps getting better.. provided I am doing it from the right place.

Similarly to Tatt, when I started working with it I would take the plunge a lot more frequently.. these days I like to try and keep living the experience's teachings in my day to day.. often is a struggle!

PREV12