We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Longest DMT break you've taken? Options

Ramma
#1 Posted : 10/21/2020 7:34:52 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

I'm almost 2 years off it after 200 beautiful trips. I really want to get in another 200, want to study the space for whole year. When the calling comes itll happen I guess

how have these breaks worked out for you??Smile Its a beautiful dilema to have in life, no doubt.
Behold, a sower went out to sow

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

rOm
#2 Posted : 10/21/2020 10:35:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe a year or two max ... Not sure I counted, but been many times 6 months apart. Past the honey moon when you just discover and vape low dose near daily, and try and breaktrhough once a week or twice a month, you don't feel to do it as often. Well let's admit it, when you get your first real hyperslapped breakthrough, you may reconsider your intrusive excursions to a minimum, and also, to take care of your sets and settings some more...
But not only, I did come to conclusion, sometimes you just got to take the plundge, otherwise, there is always an excuse not to do it,once you took long break and did go many times...
That being said, I don't feel as much the need as when I first joined, but I still hold it as a great tool for personal growth...
So it is still part of my identity,but I feel I need less to partake often.
I would if I was still in some sprt of socially acceptable DMT Harmalas group like I've been to, in brazil, instead of doing it all alone.. Been long time.. Think it is about time to go back Pleased
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 10/21/2020 10:38:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I've lamented, somewhat, before that, since having (more) kids, the frequency of my neurological spring-cleaning activities has starkly diminished. Such events typically require careful planning these days, although opportunities to seize the moment do still occur.

Anyhow, to put a figure on it - It's been a good two years for me too although this is in large part due to the glacial progress made in procuring a satisfactory and reliable administration method. Besides that, there are a few aspects of my health I have stipulated to myself to get a handle on before proceeding with further exploration.

That's as far as it goes vis-à-vis DMT and I never managed to dive in as deeply as some (such as yourself). I've found occasional opportunities for cactus or mushroom use and again the frequency is hemmed in by the aforementioned factors. On the plus side, integration makes much more sense to me than it did two decades ago when I was first banging down the shrooms like there was no tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I hadn't heard of post-psychedelic integration until I joined the Nexus Embarrased

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

King Tryptamine
#4 Posted : 10/21/2020 3:12:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

7 months for me and counting. I don't know if I'll be taking it anytime soon due to physical and mental health problems. I do want to start taking it again on a monthly basis and I think about doing it again everyday. Don't want to be going off on a tangent but I feel the same way for a lot of other drugs I had to put on break in addition to DMT.

dithyramb
#5 Posted : 10/21/2020 6:22:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Disclaimer - I have exclusively gone with the oral style so far.

Until last winter the longest break I had taken was a month. That was intentional, feeling by like I had reached a closing. I spent last winter unable to access a palatable dmt plant. That was unintentional.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Fantasy
#6 Posted : 10/21/2020 9:55:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe it's been a bit over six years. Up to that last time I still didn't really know much of what I was doing with it, and the time since has been by far one of the most important periods of personal discovery, acceptance, and opening in my life, and contained most of my most important trips ever on plenty of other psychedelics, just not DMT. I'm now expecting to finally use it again after all this time some time within the next month most likely, I'm incredibly excited. Smile

bismillah
#7 Posted : 10/22/2020 12:19:38 AM

My Personalized Tag

Only discovered it in Summer of last year. I was never a heavy user---I tripped 3 times a month at most. I use it infrequently now. I think I went 3 or 4 months between experiences in the Spring / Summer, and I last used it a month ago now.
It scares me, honestly. Even though my last trip was wonderful in every way, there's still that hesitance to jump back in.

I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Jozeh
#8 Posted : 10/22/2020 2:25:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

26 years.

Too long if you ask me.

Tony6Strings
#9 Posted : 10/22/2020 2:37:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It has been about a month for me. I haven't felt particularly called to hyperspace. Instead I have been focusing on my life on planet earth, integration of previous experiences, and hope/dream/plan/learn for the future. I am excited about my first traditional ayahuasca brew, I have tentative plans to prepare and drink sometime this fall.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Homo Trypens
#10 Posted : 10/22/2020 2:01:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

I don't know if it qualifies as a break.

I started my first extraction in 2000. Friend tossed it all out, before it was finished.

Sometime around 2005, i was offered a small toke by another friend, my first time Smile It was pleasant, but way too low to be dramatic.

It then took another 13 years before i was pulled to dmt again, at which point i finally completed an extraction and made my own changa.

AikyO
#11 Posted : 10/22/2020 7:56:31 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Since some time now,
took a break,
through and through.
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Ramma
#12 Posted : 10/24/2020 6:39:17 AM

I think we all agree DMT is scary af

SynKyd
#13 Posted : 10/26/2020 3:36:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Took a couple years off, then dove in for awhile and back to just whenever it feels right.

I rarely do it without my wife on board, and she doesn’t get the siren call as often as I would like but I am ok with it.....moderation is a good thing.

Love
At the center of this existence, it is everything and nothing, all of us and each of us and none of us. My light is now lit, and it cannot be extinguished.

potnoble
#14 Posted : 10/27/2020 4:49:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don´t do it as often as i used to. Longest break was probably 4 months.
That was because of a bad trip.
But i got welcomed back with open arms. Big grin
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

KuzeMaf
#15 Posted : 10/28/2020 4:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3 1/2 years.... it was an amazing break.... unintentional, it just happened that I had a few very deep experiences and I felt kind of quenched....

i think my interest with other molecules may have also been a factor...

Needless to say, I too was welcomed with open arms when I finally did partake again...

Light and Love and Namastex!!!
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

Ramma
#16 Posted : 10/29/2020 9:10:04 AM

Namaste!♡

Matoskah
#17 Posted : 11/2/2020 11:41:23 PM

White bear

I take breaks now and then. The last time I have posted on here,guess it's close to 6 months or so now. Before that, many many years.

It's just... you know how it is; especially in those high doses.

I'm actually kind of longing for another journey since my kid came into the world but I've been terribly busy and locked down lately.

Someday, hopefully not too far away I'll go where I once went yet again and write about it in here.

Ramma
#18 Posted : 11/6/2020 9:45:45 PM

Matoskah, I totally understand the sentiment. "hopefully not too far away I'll go where I once went yet again". There's a song I always used in my travels, ever so quaint, which I feel hits the nail right on the head. It reads:

Long ago
and far away,
I dreamed a dream one day
And now,
that dream
is here beside me
Long, the skies were overcast,
but now the clouds have passed
You're here
at last

Chills
run up and down my spine,
Aladdin's lamp is mine!
The dream
I dreamed
was not denied me...
Just one look and then I knew
That all I longed for
long ago
was you

Yumi
#19 Posted : 11/12/2020 1:06:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

its going onto almost a year for me now since DMT
The Snakes Den \m/\m/

" Speak the ancient wisdom of the desert "

slane
#20 Posted : 12/20/2020 11:29:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

January 2012-July 2019

Though my Jan 2012 trip was so light, I don't really count it, I almost want to say it would be more like Summer 2011 that was my last real experience before the big break.

I had a light trip in April or May of this year that was my first since my sole 2019 experience. I'm strongly considering another one before the end of 2020.

12NEXT