We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Truffles: Utopia Sclerotia experience Options

Gal
#1 Posted : 10/18/2020 2:02:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello!

new registered here. Thanks for the information that you have kept public on this forum, especially the ones about DMT.

Recently I tried magic truffles, Utopia strain. I looked a lot around the web looking for experiences about truffles and specifically with the Utopia strain, but I didn't find so much, just small things, especially in the reviews area and one I think on erowid which however was not involving Utopia.

So I though that maybe someone else may look for an experience with this type of truffles and could read mine here on dmt-nexus by searching on google.

Premise:

I never being into drugs, where I was a teenager I didn't feel an interest and growing up I ended up in helping some friend with bad addictions, attending a funeral and similar not nice situations this probably increased the lack of interest.
I certainly smoked weed but it really didn't give me any effect, to the point that some friend was using me (in a friendly way) as guinea pig in the attempt to find some weed that could give me some sort of effect. They did the same with opium, but no effects.
This is to say that my experience with the truffles, was like working on a blank page.

Purpose:

In the last year I was reading about certain experiences with LSD and later on I ended up reading the ones about DMT.
I always been into lucid dreams, astral projections, mental projections and more since my childhood and the tales of these people were resonating to the point that I decided that I wanted to see if certain compounds/elements/things could trigger something.

Before the truffles:

Months ago I tried with Argyreia Nervosa, but I did what for me was a mistake, micro dosing, starting with just one seed. Unfortunately my body have the habit to adapt to medicines, sports supplements very fast, to the point that the second time I already could not get effects. Sadly this was the case of the A. Nervosa, as one seed produced some small effect, two weeks later six seeds did nothing and because the side effects of these seeds are disturbing I dropped them.

Months later I wanted to tried Silene Capensis, due to the facts that could trigger vivid dreams and lucid dreams. Unfortunately it didn't trigger any effects, like if was never existed.

I had LSD, but after used a reagent to test it, turned out they had put an edulcorant so I dropped it.
At this point I had 100g of B. Caapi and 100g of Chaliponga to use, but before, I wanted still to try a middle way.
This is how I found about truffles and psilocybin, through the dutch utube channel Drugslab and especially the channel PsychedSubstance.

Utopia truffles

Generally here in EU I can find Atlantis, Hollandia, Utopia, Mexicana, Tampenensis, Pajaritos, Dragon, Hawaiians, Galindoi. Except two sites, the others were giving Utopia as the new stronger truffle, after which, Hollandia was place. While most of the reviews were very good for Atlantis and Pajaritos, I knew that I needed something allegedly "strong" for me, so I went for Utopia.

The Experience

Sellers suggest 7.5g as avg dose, which I already knew that it would not been enough for me. Using the right keywords on google, you can find dosage calculators, and for my weight they were suggesting 11.7g of fresh truffles as standard doze.
I had 15g and I wanted to go for all of them.

Unfortunately I was mislead by reviews describing the taste as walnut or even nice, so instead of put all of them in my mouth, I decided to divide them in four parts with the idea of eat them one after the other.
However, 1% taste like mushrooms and the 80% it's sour, sour and sour, to the point that just the smell was provoking a puke stimulation, like when you stick the finger in your throat.

I could not eat more than 8g, it was better put all of them in my mouth.

I took them in my bedroom. There was a set of candles and a stick of white sage burning as I pretty like the smell.

It was 1:00am. I started to do visual meditation and to use two mantra, one of them is public and it is om vajramanataya swaha.

At 1:40am I started to feel dizziness a sort of alcohol effect, like when you drink beer, wine etc.

At 2:00am I also felt lethargic, very sleepy, my head and back were bending ahead like when you are very tired and at that point I didn't know if let it be and stop with the meditation or continue with the meditation. I stopped, I lied on my bed and I closed my eyes
I took my earphones and I played a series of tibetan bowls. I closed my eyes.

From 2:00 to 2:20am there was the peak. My legs were extremely relaxed, never reached such level of muscle relaxation.
Because there was a pitch sound in the registration and the truffle was enhancing my hearing, I had to change the tibetan bowls audio, with a binaural beat wave (you can find it by searching the utube channel of a guy called eric bartel).

The idea of the bowls started by watching a video on the channel PsychedSubstance in which under the effect of DMT or LSD I can not remember, they were describing the sound of a bowl like if perceived through them as a wave. This made me think if the bowl frequency could be used to destabilize the astral body and cause a projection.

While listening the tibetan bowl audio I was becoming responsive to the decreasing and increasing of the bowl sounds, not in a vibration way, but in a fluid way, high sound was pushing me in a direction and low sound was attracting me in the other direction. It was like if I was made of fluid, not necessary water, something a bit more dense, like can be mercury to the point that it was like being with my astral body without being out of my most solid body.

This 20 minutes were actually the experience, unfortunately I regret that I didn't take more than 8g because I was clearly struggling on the edge, to the point that my consciousness slammed me back straight in my face and pushed me back.
This struggling stage, if you don't know what is going on, it's probably that part where you can get scared. It think that McKenna in some video, it describe how not taking enough can keep you on the edge and this could be worst, but definitely I can badly recall.

Opening my eyes it was interrupting the experience, every time.

After these 20 minutes, everything was gone. I didn't feel the same described above, only a general vibration that disappeared very soon.

From 3:00 to 4:00 I tried to retrigger the event without success, at 4:00 I was in the kitchen making a tea with the remaining truffles but it didn't bring anything.

There were no hallucinations, or visuals (also with closed eyes). Getting up from the bed, based on what I see in my friends when they smoke weed, I would described my feelings in that way. My body was very relaxed, peaceful, it made me think about the movies with the hippies. I didn't feel the need to laugh nor a feeling of joy or blessing, pretty neutral.

I had to get up 'cause unfortunately I had to pee. There was a slight lack of balance. My knees were prone to bend (changes in stretch reflex), my perception of time was not affected, white colors such as the main light of the room, the walls (painted in white) and the furniture in the bathroom (also white) looked brighter than usual.

My hearing was enhanced, the sound of the water coming out from the tap was somehow richer as well I was more sensible to certain smells. The burnt smell of the candle was unbearable.

Aftermath

Something is slightly changed in me. I can not say what. I feel however that something is missing, uncomplete, it's difficult to describe it.
It makes me think when you watch a movie, there's an actor who play the part of someone affected by memory loss who is unaware that has lost his memory, but he looks thoughtful, meditative like if he is looking for that missing part of memory, without knowing it, and then there's the other actor who plays the part of the one who knows that the other has memory loss and knows why he looks thoughtful, meditative.

I concluded that probably the fact that I did not take enough truffle, didn't allow me to complete the journey and that's why I still have this sort of "?". I would like and I will try with a higher dose, but in the end of October I've planned the Ayahuasca and there's not enough time in the middle.

Have a nice day, stay safe! bye!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

coAsTal
#2 Posted : 10/18/2020 8:29:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings, and welcome to the nexus--

Sorry to hear you were disappointed by the weak experience. What you had was a pretty light dose. If you have a hard time with the taste next time, slice them up very small and mix in with peanut butter to ingest-- you'll barely taste it at all.

The generally accepted consensus is that the potency of fresh P. mexicana and P. tampanensis sclerotia is usually somewhere around twice the strength of the same weight of Psilocybe cubensis wet fruit.
This is always highly variable, because no two mushrooms are the same, and this goes for stones as well.

If you took 8g of wet stones, assuming average potency, it would work out to 16g fresh cubes-- which is maybe only a 1.6g dry cube equivalent dose. Most would expect that small of a dose to deliver only very mild threshold experiences like you described. They were right that 12-15g would have been a much more appropriate amount to take.
When you took the rest several hours later you were already too late into the first dose to add to the experience because of tolerance build-up, so that's probably why you didn't feel anything then. You really can't effectively re-dose shrooms after hour 2 or so in my experience unless you'd hammered down a lot more. It's definitely better to take the full amount you want within the first hour.

As far as the "Utopia strain" you speak of-- it's honestly just marketing BS.
There is no such thing. There are Tampanensis sclerotia, and Mexicana sclerotia.
There are a couple varieties of tamps and Mex, but all the fancy cosmic-sounding names are completely made up branding by sellers. The stones are all from either Tamps or Mexicana.

Gal
#3 Posted : 10/19/2020 1:38:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

coAsTal wrote:
Greetings, and welcome to the nexus--

Thank you!

coAsTal wrote:
Sorry to hear you were disappointed by the weak experience.

Ah but I was not disappointed with the weak experience itself, rather with my decision of splitting in four parts the sclerotia thinking that the taste was what I had read, at that point even if it was my first time I had already foreseen that 8g would not been enough. The experience itself was fine, I was able to verify some of my ideas, so was good, it was just "not crossing the edge" that left me with this strange feeling: "?" Smile

coAsTal wrote:
What you had was a pretty light dose. If you have a hard time with the taste next time, slice them up very small and mix in with peanut butter to ingest--

Do you have an alternative to that? I'm Europe and peanut butter it's typical in US and UK, I taste it once upon a time, and bleah Very happy
I read of people mixing the truffle with sugar things like chocolate, juice and so on, but I think that somewhere I read that sugar can stop a trip so I'm not sure about this combination.

The generally accepted consensus is that the potency of fresh P. mexicana and P. tampanensis sclerotia is usually somewhere around twice the strength of the same weight of Psilocybe cubensis wet fruit.
This is always highly variable, because no two mushrooms are the same, and this goes for stones as well.

coAsTal wrote:
They were right that 12-15g would have been a much more appropriate amount to take.

Yep the online calculator was suggesting 11.5g as average but the websites that sell those, promote 7.5g as average dose and several reviews of people tell of visuals with just that doses, other instead tell about no visuals with 15g, so I guess it's a kind of lottery where body and a variable amount of psilocybe exist.

coAsTal wrote:
When you took the rest several hours later you were already too late into the first dose to add to the experience because of tolerance build-up, so that's probably why you didn't feel anything then. You really can't effectively re-dose shrooms after hour 2 or so in my experience unless you'd hammered down a lot more.

I had read about this, that you can not do what I did because like you say it doesn't add, but at that point I only had 7.5g and because I have the ayahuasca at the end of the month, I would made in time to purchase another dose of sclerotia, I would been to close to the ayahuasca day.
I also read that if you do the tea, you have to do it more time, 'cause one extraction does not "take out" all the psilocybin but I just did it one time.

However I wondering if there's an effective way to extract the psilocybin and spare me the taste. I watched a video on youtube were a guy was using a cold extraction with ice and mushrooms, but someone was objecting that the ice oxidized the shrooms and was not good, yet remained unclear how calculate the psilocybin per ml once you have that blue liquid.

coAsTal wrote:
As far as the "Utopia strain" you speak of-- it's honestly just marketing BS.
There is no such thing. There are Tampanensis sclerotia, and Mexicana sclerotia.
There are a couple varieties of tamps and Mex, but all the fancy cosmic-sounding names are completely made up branding by sellers. The stones are all from either Tamps or Mexicana.

Aha, the same for the other one called "hollandia"? I read that "utopia" was an "evolution" of the hollandia sclerotia.

ty

Exitwound
#4 Posted : 10/19/2020 9:11:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My preferred method for truffels is to grind and then put into glass with oranje juce (with amount of juice I can down in 1-2 big gulps), shake/mix so the truffel bits are floating and try to drink everything as fast as possible. There usually will be some left on the the glass bottom/walls, so add another gulp of a juice, swirl around and wash everything down Smile

Dosage-wise, fresh ones I definitely need 10g+ to achieve visual levels. Typically you want to down the whole pack you are getting from Amsterdam smartshop for full effect. They aren't packing heroic dose in there, for BT levels you might need 2-3 packs.

Also an advice I was once given from smartshop regular: Buy truffels which aren't vacuum sealed, the ones which are just plainly in the plastic box, without vacuum seal are usually the freshest and more potent ones. Vacuum sealed ones can be stored for a longer time, thus losing potency.

P.s. All that "trip stopping" with sugar is BS, same applies to "stop trip" kits, which is typically just flavoured dextrose.

If you need trip stopping with mushrooms, you are doing something wrong in advance. You better go into trip KNOWING there is no stopping this train Pleased

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/19/2020 2:58:55 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
At 2:00am I also felt lethargic, very sleepy,

This is because we typically sleep at night. It should come as no surprise at all. Start earlier next time Very happy

Regarding types of sclerotia - I've seen reports that Panaeolus cinctulus (syn. P. subbalteatus) also forms sclerotia but it would seem exceedingly unlikely that these are available commercially.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Gal
#6 Posted : 10/19/2020 4:42:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:
At 2:00am I also felt lethargic, very sleepy,

This is because we typically sleep at night. It should come as no surprise at all. Start earlier next time Very happy

It depends by the person, I go to sleep around 5am, plus I also found a research about psilocybin administrated to a group of people and lethargy was among the most common feelings, at least in that research.

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Regarding types of sclerotia - I've seen reports that Panaeolus cinctulus (syn. P. subbalteatus) also forms sclerotia but it would seem exceedingly unlikely that these are available commercially.

never heard of it but I guess it doesn't count as I'm newSmile however I'm kind bound to what I find available commercially

Gal
#7 Posted : 10/19/2020 5:08:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
My preferred method for truffels is to grind and then put into glass with oranje juce (with amount of juice I can down in 1-2 big gulps), shake/mix so the truffel bits are floating and try to drink everything as fast as possible. There usually will be some left on the the glass bottom/walls, so add another gulp of a juice, swirl around and wash everything down Smile
[...]
P.s. All that "trip stopping" with sugar is BS, same applies to "stop trip" kits, which is typically just flavoured dextrose.

If you need trip stopping with mushrooms, you are doing something wrong in advance. You better go into trip KNOWING there is no stopping this train Pleased

Good to know, I didn't wanna mix with juices and chocolate and other stuffs because I was not sure if the sugar inside would have prevented the trip somehow, thanks.

Exitwound wrote:

Dosage-wise, fresh ones I definitely need 10g+ to achieve visual levels. Typically you want to down the whole pack you are getting from Amsterdam smartshop for full effect. They aren't packing heroic dose in there, for BT levels you might need 2-3 packs.

Amsterdam??? how do u know they were coming from the dutches... XD When you say fresh ones, you meaning truffles such the one I guess you get from truffles growing kit, or you mean as fresh the mushroom itself the part that grows above the ground?

But yes they were vacuum sealed, there would be a fresh and more expensive way to get them, as I see them commercially available as mycelyum growing kit, mushroom growing kit and then well magic truffles growing kit, all with the truffle names plus stuff like moby dick (lol), B+, PF original, McKeannaii, Golden Teacher and so on.

Exitwound
#8 Posted : 10/19/2020 7:52:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No, I mean that: there are several types of packaging available for truffels, different suppliers or batches, I don't know. But one type of plastic packs contain product in vacuum sealed plastic. Second type when you open pack just has straight truffels inside, without additional seal. The second ones you want, because they have limited shelf life and are typically fresher than vacuum sealed ones.

sbios
#9 Posted : 10/19/2020 10:50:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Instead of chewing truffles, I found it's simpler just use a spoon of sort and press them in a pouch or between layers of baking sheets. Then you can swallow them altogether with juice/water without having to taste them. Alternatively, I find it quite nice to dry the truffle bits and micro dose that way.

Gal
#10 Posted : 10/21/2020 4:26:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
No, I mean that: there are several types of packaging available for truffels, different suppliers or batches, I don't know. But one type of plastic packs contain product in vacuum sealed plastic. Second type when you open pack just has straight truffels inside, without additional seal. The second ones you want, because they have limited shelf life and are typically fresher than vacuum sealed ones.

Ok gotcha thanks! I'll see with the growing kit

sbios wrote:
Instead of chewing truffles, I found it's simpler just use a spoon of sort and press them in a pouch or between layers of baking sheets. Then you can swallow them altogether with juice/water without having to taste them.

yeah that's what I'll probably do next time thanks!