We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
WHat the HELL does GOD want?? (pardon the pun) Options

oarguello
#1 Posted : 1/16/2008 11:50:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While under DMT i was trying to discover GOD's will. I think the ultimate thing in the universe would be knowledge. The reason for it all, is knowledge. Now just because I am spiritual and religious does not mean I believe in magic. I think all of GOD's and Jesus miracles have an explanation...we jsut dont know what the explanations are. Imagine if you were GOD and you had a dense ball of energy and you wanted to understand it...jsut becasue GOD is all knowing doesnt mean he always was ( or maybe its a part of you and you siphon of a piece to manipulate and understand). You know you could expand this energy and manipulate it to transform it ( the Big Bang) so it would be easier, or possible, to understand. So why not create an 'army' of explorers to study every single aspect of the universe which includes not only matter/science but your energy's interaction with all this matter ( emotions and experiences). Now that you have this little army running around all the matter that you transformed from pure energy (the army you created is suitable for the given matter...such as Earth for humans....and yes this would dictate that there are Aliens, with possible inorganic forms, in other planets and galaxies exploring, experiencing, and learning about their corner of the universe) to truely understand EVERYTHING not only would you need a huge army of explorers but they would have to study AND experience everything possible. Kind of like if you wanted to study a piece of fruit you had to not only taste, see, feel, smell it, but also look at it under a microspce at varying magnitudes, different kinds of microscopes( optical, electron, different filters), an acid test, scales, grow the seeds in different conditions, try some genetic experiments, crunch some math etc. ANd why not hire some employees to train and study all those parametersSmile And to truely understand everything....every resonance of human experience has to be explored. Since each person has a different disposition due to genetics(or soul) they will interact differently to situations. So every situation imagineable has to play out..including bad things happening to good people and to little kids. And good things happeneing to bad people. The good people go to Heaven to bring back this knowledge to GOD...and since each person is different....a different perspective of a same event/experience is still knowledge. The bad people still go to hell ( that experience probably needs to be explored as well...and I have always thought that Hell is a laundrymat for souls). BUT I saw a documentary about the bible on the HIstory channel including texts edited out....and there is a Book from the original Bible that had a message to John from Jesus saying that even the people in Hell will eventually be set free and return to God. This train of thought might not be original or there are versions of this out there. But its pretty original to me becasue I never read or heard of anything like this. But there might be other data and theories to support it...or *gasp* ...disprove it I also have a feeling that the Big Bang happens over and over and each time something changes such as a different Alien race on Earth? us humans on another planet? Us humans with our genetic/soul dispositions placed in other families or countries...or any other number of little tweaks? This could partially explain how GOD knows all of us and what is going to happen and why he doesnt stop bad things from happening. Its necessary so that we/HE knows and understands everything possible. Imagine the limitations on knowledge if there were no disease, dysfunctional families, etc our desire to research the mind, brain, and planet would diminish.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sippyj
#2 Posted : 1/17/2008 2:34:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great post! This too is the manner in which I have come to view God and the purpose of life. The post reminds me of this quote by Steve Willner, who expresses a similar idea: "We are the Fractalated Tendrils of Reality, Forever Undulating Towards the Realm of Evolution and Great Mystery. United Consciousness Co-creating Existence" In case you are not familiar with him, Steve Willner is a brilliant video creator/producer who explores synchromysticism in multimedia form. He's got dozens of vids posted at Youtube: http://youtube.com/user/soundlessdawn I know many of you will enjoy his work, I think it's amazing.

El Ka Bong
#3 Posted : 1/17/2008 2:40:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Remember, it could be that God gets bored, or She is bored already it seems. And we can discover this, or as we've read elsewhere or maybe exprienced, God wants to obfuscate the truth from Herself all the time, or at least hide the truth enough to 'not-get-bored'. And this has been going on for 16.8 billion years ... poor God ! We are just God's fingertips, playing blind-man's bluff... pulling the blind off after a few billion years here on Earth... And I always preach that there is no 'hell' ! And of course everyone goes to 'Heaven' .. Where else is there to go.!?... so Oarguello if I follow you, your theory hangs on a few dualisms - like 'good vs bad' and habits of language and the ego. Evil is a psychic-illness coming from detatchment from the Source, it does not exist past the human ego. We can cure 'evil' by taking someone back to their source - show them God, The AllThatIs or the Beauty within each atom of our beings... Consider 'evil' as the idea of bad-karma, of dredging yourself a bigger karmic-load each lifetime if you are 'bad'. And then lightening the load each life time you are good ... You're just coming back to deal with it all next time you're thrown into flesh, so lighten the load now ! ... So for us, having a fleshy body is a bit of a 'holiday' from that eternity in which God gets bored. ... love it as much as you can, before it's over !

oarguello
#4 Posted : 1/17/2008 5:42:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow thanks guys. Your responses are much more eloquent than my post. Ive jsut discovered this and your decade experience with these ideas VASTLY helps me understand, refine, and fill in some holes in my theory. Some things I still dont quite understand ...sometimes it seems like language can be such an inefficient way of communication but its the best we got for instance [quote:45225add7f="El Ka Bong"]Evil is a psychic-illness coming from detatchment from the Source, it does not exist past the human ego. We can cure 'evil' by taking someone back to their source - show them God, The AllThatIs or the Beauty within each atom of our beings[/quote:45225add7f] Does this explain that we are evil by nature? Because by nature we are detached from the source just by being created from GOD and transplaneted on earth....a literal detachment. And by living a "good" life and learning about GOD (by religion or what we are doing) is a way of going back to the souce while alive so we are prepared to go back completely when we die? SyZyGyPSy you definitely put some things in words that clarify better what I was thinking [quote:45225add7f="SyZyGyPSy"] God is all-knowing, in that SHe is trans-temporal, and is thus the sum total of everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen, not only in this reality but every possible variation of every possible reality. [/quote:45225add7f] And this definitely differs from the dogma church just spews out that people take at face value and trust by faith. This is an understanding of what is probably true. I mean blind faith works for most people, but i defnitely need the understanding. Funny how religious groups horde power by saying "asking questions and trying to understand GOD is evil and blasphamous"....i think its evil to try to keep people from the truth simply to hold onto a power over people. But then again these people could have blind faith and truely beleive its a sin. [quote:45225add7f="SyZyGyPSy"]These are the "hell" realms. Note that Satan and hell are just as often associated with pleasure as with pain, for the two are inherently linked. To experience one is to percieve the other as its absence. Thus if you would experience pleasure, you will ultimately experience pain as well... hence the "punishment" for indulgence so crudely touted by the mainstreamers of religion, who have forgotten WHY this is, and simply take it at face value for the sake of dogma. You stay here for eternity cuz these DiVisions never end... the only way out is to accept the message of the Christ/Buddha/Whatever You Call Your Local Messenger, and realize that you ARE God, and that all you need to do to real-ize this is to relinquish your attachments to, and identification with, whatever the latest maniphest form is that has most recently fascinated you and thus made you forget this in the first place. When that happens, well, then you're back in the center of it all, wherever you may be, and you're no longer in hell cuz you realize you never were in the first place... [/quote:45225add7f] Very interesting point of view here. I really like this idea and helps explain what religion says about hell in a way that makes sense with modern way of thinking. Its like you are in Hell because while living you are SO attached with Earth bound pleasures and pains that it carries over into death.... [quote:45225add7f="sippyj"]Great post! This too is the manner in which I have come to view God and the purpose of life. The post reminds me of this quote by Steve Willner, who expresses a similar idea: "We are the Fractalated Tendrils of Reality, Forever Undulating Towards the Realm of Evolution and Great Mystery. United Consciousness Co-creating Existence" In case you are not familiar with him, Steve Willner is a brilliant video creator/producer who explores synchromysticism in multimedia form. He's got dozens of vids posted at Youtube: http://youtube.com/user/soundlessdawn.[/quote:45225add7f] If only i wasnt at work! Ill definitely check this out when i get home

Zenclarity
#5 Posted : 1/17/2008 9:42:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Does this explain that we are evil by nature? Because by nature we are detached from the source just by being created from GOD and transplaneted on earth....a literal detachment. And by living a "good" life and learning about GOD (by religion or what we are doing) is a way of going back to the souce while alive so we are prepared to go back completely when we die?

No, I think what he's saying is, evil only exist because of how the ego defines it. Nature is not good or evil, it's just nature, or god.. as is everything. We are detached and separated through "learning" who we are as individuals, good from evil, wrong from right, achieving or not etc. etc. We are closer to the source when we are born, then the ego takes hold and distorts reality. The beauty of this intellectual conundrum is that we can appreciate it all the more once we realize it.

sounds good anyway.