We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Peganum Harmala + Acacia Acuminata Narrow Phyllode as Tea Options

Chimp Z
#1 Posted : 10/14/2020 5:08:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello
I've been growing this beautiful Acacia Acuminata Narrow Phyllode variety for 2 years and 6 months and am here to ask y'all if any of you have experience brewing with young Acacia Acuminata?

Will be making a tea for a few friends and am just curious as to your usual dosage with this wattle?

We've smoked phyllodes of this wattle and I've added a couple phyllodes to Trichocereus tea before but with this particular tree I have not sipped the tea with intentional MAOI.

Would y'all recommend a extraction?

From what I've read and heard the Narrow Phyllode variety is cleanest in DMT content.

This will be a October harvest and it's still 90F where I am but will soon get colder in the weeks ahead.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acacian
#2 Posted : 11/2/2020 1:22:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chimp Z wrote:
Hello
I've been growing this beautiful Acacia Acuminata Narrow Phyllode variety for 2 years and 6 months and am here to ask y'all if any of you have experience brewing with young Acacia Acuminata?

Will be making a tea for a few friends and am just curious as to your usual dosage with this wattle?

We've smoked phyllodes of this wattle and I've added a couple phyllodes to Trichocereus tea before but with this particular tree I have not sipped the tea with intentional MAOI.

Would y'all recommend a extraction?

From what I've read and heard the Narrow Phyllode variety is cleanest in DMT content.

This will be a October harvest and it's still 90F where I am but will soon get colder in the weeks ahead.

I haven't tried the oral route myself but a lot of people here in Western Australia use the phyllodes from narrow ph. acuminata in aya circles as a replacement for psychotria. so my understanding is that they are fairly safe but I will ask around and see if I can find out more for you. They contain around 1% dmt by weight so you wouldn't need a large amount.. it is a clean profile of mainly just dmt.. so I would say is an ideal acacia to use orally compared to others. I've been smoking the extract from acuminata a bit recently and it feels super clean..

Extraction would of course be cleaner but I think you would be ok with the phyllodes. But since I haven't done it personally I think you should wait until confirmation from people with experience.

Rue definitely seems like the way to go with acacia too rather than the vine.

dithyramb
#3 Posted : 11/2/2020 8:20:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Rue definitely seems like the way to go with acacia too rather than the vine.

Why is that?
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

acacian
#4 Posted : 11/12/2020 9:37:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am not speaking from personal experience, but have talked to a number of people who just feel it jives better with acacia and doesn't get in the way of the plants 'spirit' in the way that ayahuasca does. That is not a scientific fact.. just a bit of a trend .. a lot of people in Australia seem to prefer the acacias with syrian rue.. could be a subconscious thing because they are both more arid plants and seem better "paired".. but its certainly a phenomenon

It does seem kind of wierd combining a rainforest plant with a more desert growing plant I guess..