We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Crockpot Ayahuasca? Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 10/13/2020 10:55:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone tried making ayahuasca with a crockpot?

If I simply left some syrian rue and acacia in a crockpot for a week (re-adding water when necessary), would this be an efficient way of creating a potent brew?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

rOm
#2 Posted : 10/13/2020 1:00:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all, ayahuasca has necessarily caapi or another harmalas vine, with the addition or not of some tryptamine admixture. So Generally it is Caapi vines and chacruna leaves or chaliponga leaves instead of chacruna but always caapi.

IF you brew syrian rue as harmalas source and do'nt use caapi, you haven't what we call "ayahuasca". So Syrian rue and acacia ( do you sue confusa rootbar ?), you may want to call it " anahuasca" or Haoma ( for "ayahuasca analog "Pleased.
That was for the semantic part. I know that sound like grammar nazi, but let's call a cat a cat, and a dog, a dog, although both are carnivorous pets.

Now you want to let the plant sit for a week, in rooom temp or warming up, like light simmer ? This is unclear, although cooking up one week seems overkill to me. I guess you mean room temp.
DO you plan on using any acid such as ascorbic or citric acid ? Think about the pH of water, especially if doing room temp and depending on water used.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

OneIsEros
#3 Posted : 10/13/2020 1:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just looking for the most efficient and maximal extraction. What would be the maximum time period? What temperature setting would be best? Would there be a temperature setting or time period that would destroy more than extract? Should an acid like white vinegar be added? If so, how much?

I just want to know how to go about using a crockpot for the most maximally efficient ayahuasca brew possible.

OneIsEros
#4 Posted : 10/13/2020 2:08:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And what about slow cooker settings? High? Low?

I’d like to hear from someone who has done it...

Jees
#5 Posted : 10/14/2020 1:41:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know of people who used a crockpot effectively, so it works. Heard of one using like just-below-boiling aka simmering temperature setting. Crockpot with lid on serves ideally for very long simmer sessions. Some people prefer very long simmer sessions, be that subjective.

If you strive for max efficiency, you should not let it sit in one volume for a long time and call it a day. For better efficiency make use of "washes" which means multiple boils. Separate material from the boiled waters, add new water to the materials and boil again.
Then add all the boiled waters together (e.g. 3 to 4 boils***), boil that even further so the volume get evaporated down to a drinkable amount.

*** if you have powder one need lesser boils, fine powder maybe one boil indeed, for shredded wood use more boils, the bigger the shreds the more boils you need.
There still is a reason to boil long/more: it is believed to enhance the forming of THH but this mechanism is related to traditional aya (with caapi and leaves) and unclear when using rue/acacia.

VibeSurfer
#6 Posted : 10/16/2020 9:34:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Use a pressure cooker instead of a crock pot. You can probably find one for cheap on craigslist or something. I used an instant pot when I was making ayahuasca earlier this summer. So 4 hours of pressure cooking or 12 hours of crockpot if you insist.

I don't know how well acacia bark and rue would work as I haven't and wouldn't try it that way. I feel like you'd get a ton of unwanted dirt that you cannot separate from the brew when it's done. This problem already exists with the crock pot or pressure cooker method, but some people prefer to drink the dirt sludge and swear by it Laughing Have it your way.

I personally think if you're gonna drink aya at home you might as well use "Fresh Hawaiian Chacruna"

VibeSurfer attached the following image(s):
aya2.jpg (2,726kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
aya1.jpg (1,883kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

rOm
#7 Posted : 10/16/2020 2:45:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vibesurfer, you're lucky to have access to fresh chacruna leaves.. Fresh is best often. I had fresh aya but only when travelling in brazil. Otherwise in europe, I only can brew from dried plants.. Byut still am grateful I have access to those marvellous plants if I want to. It's not something I do often here. I would do more often psilocybin mushrooms, and syrian rue or harmalas from SR seeds, but for sure if you're in Hawaï, highly recommend to brew fresh hawaÏan chacruna. Or fresh chaliponga if there are any. I saw your fresh leaves on pic and thought, where is he already. Nice One !
And yes, it's good to pressure cook the caapi vines, and then the chacruna later.
Now if you brew syrian rue and acacia confusa rootbark, it doesn't requires as much. so maybe 3 X 1 hour would highly exhaust but am not sure its a good thing to pull too much form syrian rue as also you may have lots of unwanted plant material... I simply simmer SR seeds. But am not expert in like super dank syrian rue brew, I brew it for extraction usually. But made tea to be drunk as well. It really isn't like caapi vines which are way harder to cook. so using a pressure cooker for real ayahuasca ( caapi vines including then) makes way more sense than going buy a pressure cooker to brew syrian rue which are easy to cook and dirt cheap. But I do'nt know maybe even 3 X 30 minutes your syrian rue whole seeds in PC.
3x 1 hour for your acacia confusa rootbark is its powder. could belonger if you have long chunks. low simmer.
and you may want it lightly acid pH. but that could also ruin the taste if you use it to drink. Give us more info OneISEros. Brewing syrian rue isn't as tehcnical as cooking caapi vines efficiently, again.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !