We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Syrian rue espresso Options

Tomtegubbe
#1 Posted : 9/30/2020 7:26:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I found my way of taking the harmalas today 🙂

I roasted and grinded 5 grams of rue seeds and then used an espresso machine to make a "rue coffee". I was very pleased with the results. There is still some nausea, but it's very manageable. The taste is actually quite ok and you can add some sugar or maybe even cream if you please. The taste is better and you have much less liquid at your hands than if you brew the seeds into a tea in the old fashioned way.

The extraction is less efficient than when boiling the seeds, but given that the rue is quite inexpensive the ease of this method does pay off in my experience.

So, let's hear some comments if you try it out! Very happy
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

rOm
#2 Posted : 10/1/2020 12:55:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I heard about both brewing it in espresso machine ( I assumed raw dried seeds) and also some toasting the seeds... Never tried doing both, but am willing to try. Sounds interesting.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 10/1/2020 3:25:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Roasted seeds taste much better than raw seeds. Might also be a little less nauseating. I also tried roasting and grinding the seeds before smoking them in a tobacco pipe and it was much more pleasurable than smoking the raw seeds. Adding some kind of filter to the pipe might also make the experience better as the pits in the seeds contain much fat which you don't want too much in your mouth and lungs.

I don't know what are the chemical reactions in roasting but I think it transforms the fatty acids somehow. You could also try crushing the seeds and sifting the pits to get just the skins to ingest, but I haven't been successful in this.
My preferred method:

Lemon Flip
#4 Posted : 1/3/2021 7:01:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

At what temperature and for what duration do you roast your seed? Obviously that boils off a lot of various compounds, oils, etc-- as well as turns shit into other shit, etc.. do you then notice a radical change in effects (I understand harmalas are left alone) other than a reduction in nausea?

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 1/3/2021 8:24:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lemon Flip wrote:
At what temperature and for what duration do you roast your seed? Obviously that boils off a lot of various compounds, oils, etc-- as well as turns shit into other shit, etc.. do you then notice a radical change in effects (I understand harmalas are left alone) other than a reduction in nausea?

I use a dry and hot cast iron pan and fry them for approx one minute. Use an espresso machine is ineffective way of extracting the alkaloids, but I don't think frying reduces the potentiality radically. Taste is much more pleasant and the method is convenient.
My preferred method:

rOm
#6 Posted : 1/3/2021 9:11:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am gonna try roasting and brewing them old fashionned in simmering water afterwards. In my experience, brewing in espresso either was ineffective way to get the harmalas. or the brew felt ineffective. Why do you brewthem in espresso machine, if uyou findit ineffective for harmalas ? Or you are after a tea of some sorts, but no RIMA activity Tomtegubbe ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Tomtegubbe
#7 Posted : 1/3/2021 12:18:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
I am gonna try roasting and brewing them old fashionned in simmering water afterwards. In my experience, brewing in espresso either was ineffective way to get the harmalas. or the brew felt ineffective. Why do you brewthem in espresso machine, if uyou findit ineffective for harmalas ? Or you are after a tea of some sorts, but no RIMA activity Tomtegubbe ?

Syrian rue is cheap and brewing them with espresso machine is extremely fast, compared to simmering and filtering. You have to just adjust your dosage, but the liquid is easier to take in.
My preferred method:

MuteUSO
#8 Posted : 6/24/2022 4:53:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome, have to try this! I suppose the central thing with this technique is that you powder your seeds.

And do I get it right that you are talking about one of these Bialetti 'espresso machines'?

Tomtegubbe
#9 Posted : 6/24/2022 11:27:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MuteUSO wrote:
Awesome, have to try this! I suppose the central thing with this technique is that you powder your seeds.

And do I get it right that you are talking about one of these Bialetti 'espresso machines'?

Actually I have an espresso machine, but that should work too.

I haven't used this method for a while. Seems like this method is not that efficient for extracting alkaloids, so you may have to make a few cups to get the effects.

The taste is okayish with this technique which is nice.

Glad you got were interested in this!
My preferred method: