We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
not-actually-a-shower-thought: what if a person BORN blind did DMT? Options

bismillah
#1 Posted : 9/29/2020 10:52:13 PM

My Personalized Tag

Is there any record of someone born blind trying DMT (or any similar psychedelic)? I wonder how they would describe the experience, or if they would have visuals at all. Granted, it's not like they would have any idea what to call it if they did have a vision.

Curious.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

WanderingCat
#2 Posted : 9/30/2020 12:51:45 AM

The White Haired Cat

I'd really love to hear a story or any information about that. Don't think I've read anything about anyone being blind and taking DMT.

What a beautiful and raw experience that would be.

I love the dog picture by the way!
Grass Grows When The Tiny Cat is Dreaming

Phangz wrote:

"this is your height on dmt.."

Praxis.
#3 Posted : 9/30/2020 1:35:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are actually quite a few threads about this worth checking out, definitely an interesting topic!

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=36983
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=7783
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=29177
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=40055

I'm sure there are others too but these are just a few that popped up for me
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

Tomtegubbe
#4 Posted : 9/30/2020 6:48:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't pinpoint any reference to dmt specifically but there are several accounts on the topic of congenially blind people seeing while in a powerful altered state of mind, especially in near death experience. I think it is possible to relate to this when you for example sense an entity on your trip. Most people don't have had such a first hand experience before but when you feel it you know this is the thing they have been talking about. I think seeing (as well as sensing something called entities) is a basic human capability even when you don't have the means for the experience, for example if you have damage in the optical nerves.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

null24
#5 Posted : 9/30/2020 4:44:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I wasn't born that way, but went blind from cataracts. For several years, I was blind in one eye since insurance only paid to fix one. The only time I would see with depth perception was on DMT. Strange, I know.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

GordonFreem4nn
#6 Posted : 10/3/2020 8:56:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think most of the visions come from the pineal gland anyway, so I’m almost sure that they wil experience colourful visions on dmt.
when the doors of perception are open we can experience the full scope of reality

Achilles
#7 Posted : 10/3/2020 11:07:31 AM

I is the obstacle.

I’ve asked this same question before as well as if there were any experiences with coma patients and psychedelics. Definitely interesting topics. Praxis ty for the links 👍👍👍
This guys ego ^

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 10/3/2020 7:42:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think they would probably experience it in a simmilar way as most of us do. Especially at higher doses. The senses merge. Geometry becomes coloration. Everything becomes energy.

Maybe they are even more sensitive to it: i suppose that their brains have rewired themselves throughout life, and the visual parts of the brain are connected to other senses. Mostly hearing and touch. So they may have brains that are perfectly wired for synesthetic experiences.

AikyO
#9 Posted : 10/3/2020 9:12:07 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Hearing and touch would definitly be more connected and personnaly i'd be prone to see it has a definitive aspect of the psychedelic experience. As you suggested, even more at higher dose where the "outer light" vanishes completely.

Sight is something that is rather defined and rigid. It's because there's a blending with the vagueness of sensation, of the flows of the body, breath or blood, that it becomes so vividly unfathomable and changing. However I'd wonder if the experience would be life changing in the same way, eventually.

I remember something about blind people being less prone to schizphrenia and associated it with this heightened attention to inner vision, that somehow it would be less prone to depersonalization because the mind would not be able to change the image of the body. A blind person might not understand it as an "image" because the sense of sight is foreign but still, if anyone wants to raise her or his arms, there's something similar to a vision, an intention that guides the movement and allows the command to take effect.

@tomtegubbe: this seems likely though I also wonder if, because they don't have this sort of very basic human experience to recognize shapes in things arround them, it would be all alike. Though for a person sensitiv to music it's easy to associate the rythms and changes in tones to body movements and have this sort of puppet appearing.

安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

sbios
#10 Posted : 10/4/2020 7:32:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really interesting responses above^^^

Though now, that makes me wonder, how do blind people dream??? Here's a excerpt from wtamu.edu in google result -

"While people blind since birth do indeed dream in visual images, they do it less often and less intensely than sighted people. Instead, they dream more often and more intensely in sounds, smells, and touch sensations. ... On a related note, brain scans have found that all humans dream in visual images before they are born.Feb 11, 2020"

AikyO
#11 Posted : 10/4/2020 3:14:09 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

sbios wrote:
On a related note, brain scans have found that all humans dream in visual images before they are born.Feb 11, 2020"

Haha, Maya intensifies ...

"Joke" aside, that's super interesting. Was there complementary information ? Does it have something to do with the mother ?

安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

sbios
#12 Posted : 10/5/2020 6:26:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AikyO wrote:
sbios wrote:
On a related note, brain scans have found that all humans dream in visual images before they are born.Feb 11, 2020"

Haha, Maya intensifies ...

"Joke" aside, that's super interesting. Was there complementary information ? Does it have something to do with the mother ?

Here's the link - https://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2020/02/11/do-blind-people-dream-in-visual-images/

I don't agree with some of the interpretations there, but the fact they did the brain scans & the results are quite intriguing. From many sources I'm more and more convinced the human body (including the brain) is a biological communication device if you'll. The physical body is just a portion of you that is lots more.