We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lophophora decipiens opinion Options

grollum
#1 Posted : 9/26/2020 10:24:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

I discovered Lophophora decipiens or Lophophora williamsii var. decipiens and now I am confused.

Different webpages tell different things about it and I am not sure what to think. For me the main concern is if this kind of Lophophora is active and contains Mescaline or if it is a variation of diffusa and therefore not active (mescaline).

Some webpages even claim it is an new species and others tell it is simply a big williamsii.
Does anyone have experience with it? More information?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ahubaba
#2 Posted : 10/10/2020 1:33:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest that you steer clear of anything you cannot positively ID as Williamsii with absolute certainty. I read somewhere that decipiends have a similar content to diffusa. That experience report in Erowid regarding the diffusa is very accurate. If you chose the wrong lophs you end up in a state close to delirium, with disgusting auditory effects where you hear everything toned down a few octaves and your eardrums feel like they will implode. I don't see any value in diffusa as a psychedelic and consider it to be on par with datura and the likes as far as its appeal is concerned. I even took brugmansia with no issues but it was after 5 medium to large size, shady looking lophs that I ended up with permanent hearing issues . Will never welcome any loph in my garden or body ever for sure.
The fool who picked this pen will always be wiser than the fool who dropped it.
-Excrept from Chasing Shadows

grollum
#3 Posted : 10/10/2020 10:33:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes that's what I am finally thinking. There seems to be no real evidence about all the gossip. It seems better to concentrate on "normal" LWs and maybe some area specific varieties.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Maybe its a good idea to get the plants analyzed then before proceeding further with them.