We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Should one add Vinegar To MHRB? (Ayahuasca) Options

Dami
#1 Posted : 9/23/2020 1:46:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, a friend is extracting from MHRB for one part of an multi-dose Ayahuasca like brew.

They put 50g of MHRB Inner root bark in a coffee grinder and ground it to a fine fibrous consistency with some powder. Then they let it slowly evaporate in a crock pot for about 12 hours covered with about an inch of reverse osmosis water. The mixture was strained through cotton, and extra liquid was squeezed out of the fiber once it had cooled. They have started another slow evaporation with the same bark and fresh water.

Would it be wise for my friend to acidify this with some white vinegar? Should the filtered liquid be added back to the acidified pot? There is no hurry on the cook time, it can go for days if needed. My friend dislikes the acid taste and used lemon in the past, they wanted to opt for a long slow cook instead, but strength is more important here.

I have looked around the web and forums but information on this seems conflicting. It seems important in a Cappi brew, but I'm not sure about MHRB. Also does anyone have opinions on tannin removal with egg whites? My friend has never done it in the past and worry's about potency lost.

My friend measured the filtered liquid with PH with strips to see if the bark would lower the PH on its own. It seems about the same perhaps a smidgen lower, but these are old strips. The pot and fiber smells strongly of DMT, however the liquid was drained in a red wine vinegar bottle (sterilized with iso) that still has some vinegar smell, so it is hard to tell if the liquid contains DMT by smell.

Any advice would be appreciated, my friend has plenty of time to brew. <3

Update: My friend went with lime juice and recombined, the ph measures closer to 4-5 now. They tried a few sip sized mixes and determined lime tasted a little less weird then white vinegar once orange oil and stevia had been added. Aya tastes funky but its no cactus tea haha.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jees
#2 Posted : 9/23/2020 11:28:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Send your friend inhere!! Razz

Should one add Vinegar To MHRB? (Ayahuasca) <--- no, unless you have very hard tap water which is rather rare. If so use bottled water, demin or distilled.

Note that some acids (citric acid, phosphorus acid..) do not evap during the reducing-volume-boils and they get more and more concentrated Shocked . Vinegar evaps (partly) with more boiling.

Treat mhrb as caapi.

Take care and study Wink

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 9/23/2020 3:14:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Isn't dmt more bioavailable (effectice when eaten) when it forms salts with acetic acid?
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

bismillah
#4 Posted : 9/23/2020 4:37:37 PM

My Personalized Tag

I add lemon juice to my boils. The taste is unpleasant, but manageable.
Vinegar, on the other hand... is intolerable. You will throw up.
The acid greatly increases the efficiency of the boils.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.