We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anti-depressants & DMT - IS it possible to experience visuals and breakthrough? Options

Transient.au
#1 Posted : 9/4/2020 6:41:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm getting quite despondent about whether or not I will ever breakthrough or even see OEVs/CEVs while smoalking DMT. I have tried about 10 times within 6 months, so nothing desperate, but have patiently given myself time for things to hopefully fall into place without pressure.

Every time I have smoalked, I have experienced the body load, a subtle feeling of being in an altered state and mild transparent layers of "ripples" in my vision, but absolutely nothing like the trip reports of impossible colours and fractals that I've read and listened to.

I could understand that it's quite possible that my tablets (in this case, 100mg Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine)) are directly masking my experience, but I'm not entirely convinced, as I have also read reports from people who take anti-depressants and have no issues with visuals and breaking through.

Is there anyone on dmt-nexus that is in my situation but is able to enjoy the full experience of this wonderful compound? Or is someone able to give me any advice?

Thank you very much. Very eager for your responses!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Daytripper63
#2 Posted : 9/4/2020 7:28:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't have personal experience to match yours. If I load 50mg it is still hard for me to reach breakthrough when other do it on less easily. I have never had the open eye visuals some report. Much has to do with method and developing technique. You may want to include some of those details. What kind of spice, mg used, and method. How well you think you have technique down. That may be helpful to other that do have personal experience.

OneIsEros
#3 Posted : 9/4/2020 9:30:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It varies dramatically, depending on the person, the type of medication, the type of psychedelic, and the dose.

My room mate smoked a full bowl of DMT on some SSRI, felt nothing. Yet shrooms worked for him.

My brother’s girlfriend also on SSRI’s felt nothing off psychedelics until one random time she dropped some acid with friends.

I know a guy who prefers acid when he’s on SSRI’s because it gives him “distance” so he’s not overwhelmed by what he witnesses.

SSRI’s also tend to block out or reduce MDMA’s effects.

This is an area where no one can give you clear answers - but it’s definitely not impossible for psychedelics to work with SSRI’s. The effects will almost always be reduced though, and often completely blocked. You’ll only be able to find out by experimenting.

Also: never take ayahuasca with SSRI’s, the harmala MAOI’s in ayahuasca can kill you when mixed with SSRI’s (or MDMA for that matter).

A suggestion if you REALLY want to trip: ask your doctor for moclobemide. Moclobemide is an MAOI antidepressant. It will actually make psychedelics in general significantly stronger. Never mix moclobemide with SSRI’s or MDMA, because as mentioned, MAOI drugs combined with SSRI’s or MDMA is a lethal and painful combo.

You can actual eat DMT on moclobemide... just like ayahuasca.

Transient.au
#4 Posted : 9/6/2020 5:31:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Daytripper63 wrote:
I have never had the open eye visuals some report. What kind of spice, mg used, and method. How well you think you have technique down.

I assume you did report closed eye visuals upon breaking through?

40mg NN-DMT, vaped using a Motar quartz coil atop a GeekVape Aegis Solo mod. Have also smoked changa out of a straight weed pipe. I probably have better technique with the changa as it's pretty straightforward – getting the right wattage with vaping can be quite experimental and wasteful on the spice.

Transient.au
#5 Posted : 9/6/2020 5:43:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

OneIsEros wrote:

You can actual eat DMT on moclobemide... just like ayahuasca.

Funnily enough, a couple of ADs ago -- yet prior to my interest in DMT -- I was taking Moclobemide for a couple of months but didn't feel it was the right fit for me. Now knowing about how it could benefit me, I'm considering going to my doctor and asking him whether I could "revisit" Moclobemide to give it another chance.

After becoming aware that this MAOI AD could be of benefit, I also got confused by the contradictory reports I was reading, saying there was a contraindication between Moclobemide and DMT. Logic says that this isn't the case, but I didn't want to take the risk/waste my time shifting from one AD to another without firm evidence that it was low risk and worth my time.

OneIsEros
#6 Posted : 9/6/2020 6:25:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The only contraindication is that it makes it WAY more powerful than it would normally be. Like doubles the potency at least. Won’t kill you or anything, but if you ever do ayahuasca don’t bother with the MAOI plant (or you’ll double dose your MAOI’s and trip way harder than you meant to), and if you smoke DMT start with half a standard dose or lower.

That and avoid MDMA. MAOI+MDMA=dead.

Moclobemide will also make other psychedelics stronger too, like mushrooms and mescaline.

If it is capable of killing you, don’t mix it with moclobemide. But DMT, psilocybin, mescaline, LSD, are physically safe no matter how high you dose - they’re just way stronger. So, accomodate for that, or you may accidentally traumatise yourself psychologically with a super intense trip.

Also: take care of yourself, friend. If your depression is worse on moclobemide than on SSRI’s, maybe psychedelics aren’t worth it. Weigh it carefully. Depressive episodes are dangerous.

Daytripper63
#7 Posted : 9/8/2020 4:45:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

I assume you did report closed eye visuals upon breaking through?

Yes I do get closed eye visuals even before breaking through.

Fhat the Wuck
#8 Posted : 10/1/2020 11:31:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey there,

i always and everywhere read that Moclobemid and MDMA are somewhat like a safe proof way of "suicidal". I know about the serotonin syndrome but i did that combination 3 or 4 times now. I am taking 300 - 450 mg Moclobemid, depends on how long the day is.

I started with small amounts of MDMA. First time i sniffed 50 mg, if i remeber right, waited untill i had the full effect then heated up my vape and smoked dmt every 10-20 minutes to keep it at a moderate level. After roughly 2 or 3 hours i again sniffed 50 mg MDMA. It was very enlightened and controllable. I sweated aittle more then expected but that was the only thing i recognized.

3. time roughly the same setting but took half a pill of extacy inbetween. While less predictable in when or how strong the MDMA floods the system, i got emotionally extremely intense for rougly 45 minutey ( there can be too much love,... believe me) with sweating like a waterfall but after that 45 minutes ir was all fine again. Nevertheless, pills i most likley wont do again in this setting.

I don't want to motivate anyone taking unnecessary risks with that combination, i am not a doctor but for me this combination is the way to go for now.

I guess its all about the dosis and the awareness of the risk, that can be calculated and minimized if you are responsible with the dosages and stay patient with the onset.

JKW
#9 Posted : 10/1/2020 5:34:31 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

I take Wellbutrin and Abilify. They don't seem to affect DMT, but I do think they lessen the mushroom and LSD effect somewhat.