We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
TBM resin and extraction Options

doubledog
#1 Posted : 8/24/2020 3:05:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had a young T. Bridgesii monstrose growing in a pot for more than 1 year, but it made almost no growing progress during this period, although it seemed healthy.
doubledog attached the following image(s):
IMG_20200612_114043.jpg (1,246kb) downloaded 135 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

doubledog
#2 Posted : 8/24/2020 3:15:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Such really slow grower is not suitable for my collection as I have strong space limitation, so I decided to process it.

I did this:

0. Pull out cactus from soil, cut roots (which were minimal), clean, store for 1 month
1. Cut to half and then sliced, boiled in water 3x. Pressed between pulls to squeeze out water.
2. Combine pulls, evaporate to crude residue or resin.
3. Dissolve resin in very small amount of water and slowly add 4x volume of ethanol (basically dissolution in 80% ethanol). Let settle at least 1 day, separate and evaporate liquid.
4. Purified resin. Visible crystals of mescaline malate (?) and some goo.
doubledog attached the following image(s):
20200719_135121.jpg (2,763kb) downloaded 136 time(s).

doubledog
#3 Posted : 8/24/2020 3:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It seemed quite lot of mescaline in such small piece of cactus, so I extracted it by A/B extraction for quantification.

KOH as base, xylene/toluene as NPS and sulphuric as acid was used.
Also used Red cabbage pH liquid indicator during titration with acid, very convenient tool.

I got 140 mg of mescaline sulphate after re-x from acetone water. Starting weight of cactus was 109g.

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 8/24/2020 3:27:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool doubledog! I recently made a cactus resin using alcohol and enjoyed it immensely. Yours looks much nicer than mine did. I saved a little chunk to work further on purification technique.

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Loveall
#5 Posted : 8/24/2020 3:27:15 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Wow, that's seems like a great yield for fresh. Question, did you weight the resin before the A/B steps?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

doubledog
#6 Posted : 8/24/2020 4:10:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, Tony
The key is to use water for initial extraction and high proof alcohol afterwards. It helps to get rid of mucilage extracted by water.

Or other way around, alcohol could be used first and water in second step. Depending on starting material.

I would say that there is an upper limit for alcohol concentration, as cactus mescaline salt is not very soluble in pure ethanol. There must be some water in ethanol.

Loveall
Weight of the resin was below 2g, but I did not weight it directly.
But know that this kind of resin is max 10% of mescaline.