We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
acacia or mimosa?? Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 8/21/2020 1:21:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently received my acacia bark ...and did a very small test extraction and used the....
[MINI AB Clean up] method to de fat ..

Ive never been that sucessful using this method with acacia ...but this time with only 40 or 50 gms of bark i powdered it well ..did the acid cook...hot water bath...using salt to increase ionic strength..in the napatha pulls..

When i made up my acidic water ..i used distilled water.. and white vinegar...then put in my total napatha pulls..shook up the bottle ten or more times and i cant believe my eyes!

Normally ...acacia C,... will have a noticable layer of plant fats sitting on top of the acidic water..a mess of fats to remove out of bottle...

But this time everything apeared to go too smoothly!

After shaking the bottle during ..[Mini AB cleanup] expecting to see huge bubbles of plant fat floating on top of the acidic water...it seperated very smoothly and fast!

Instead of gob of plant fats my yellow napatha remained the same light yellow color and the clear acidic water...now looks cloudy or milky!

very smooth and easy seperation of plant fats.... apeared like [very little?] plant fats.as i see the same light yellow napatha on top of a now cloudy acidic water?

Acacia usually has a lot more plant fats than that!..[even at 40 or 50 grams of bark]....could they have sent me mimosa instead of acacia/..

Does the mini AB cleanup work that easy with mimosa?

has anyone ever tryed the mini AB with mimosa/

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 8/21/2020 4:22:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should be able to tell by the appearance of the bark (mimosa is tinged pinkish to deep purple, acacia is not) and/or the color of the tea before basing (mimosa will be a darker purple, acacia confusa is a beautiful red shade).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Northerner
#3 Posted : 8/21/2020 5:16:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For future reference, it's much easier to remove the acidic layer from under the fatty solvent than cleanly remove the fatty solvent from on top. Wink
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

starway7
#4 Posted : 8/21/2020 1:49:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

for me..its the lack of the presence of plant fats that has me concerned..?

I let the bottle sit all night with the two layers...light yellow napatha on top...acidic water on bottom...

Even after 12 hours of sitting the two layers look almost the same except the acidic water on bottom apears a little more clear ..but not clear like pure water..

But i was only using about 35 grams of bark as test extraction .maybe that not enough to get any noticable fats?

The two layers have ..no emulsion..nice solid seperation between the two layers....

Is it possible that diferent parts of acacia tree have more or less fats than others?

Any way im saving the yellow napatha...and today will add some lye water to the acidic water and see if any crstals break out?

I had no way to check ph...how important is ph in the mini AB cleanup?

starway7
#5 Posted : 8/21/2020 4:11:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just added some lye water to the acidic water shook it up and..yes...maybe its snowing in there!Smile

As i can see little dots sticking to the glass above water line.. and surface of water has tiny chunks floating on surface of water!

What a world swirling around inside that bottle!Big grin

Northerner
#6 Posted : 8/21/2020 4:51:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Different trees withing the same species can have different alkaloid and fat levels. Confusa can choke with more fats than alkaloids or pull pretty much clean. Can yield significantly more NMT than DMT or pure white crunchy xtal... or goo. Far more variable than mimosa.

Awesome you got a result on the base phase. Thumbs up
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

starway7
#7 Posted : 9/6/2020 5:40:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

want to say the recent acacia I received was the most fat lean stuff i have ever received!

After procesing a very small 30 to 40 gram of material ....and when it was put into the acidic water

[using the acid base clean up]... the fat layer was almost non existant!

Thats why i wondered if it was mimosa and not ACRB?

The chips were a reddish brown color and [trying for a mini dose experiance]...i used only .. .
[5 small drops]... of a light yellow tincture i prepared..and i expected very little effect...

Man was i wrong !... the vapor i got was in no way very thick ..but in one inhalation i held it in and it hit me much harder than expected..and it lasted a good twenty to ore minutes..

I think this was the purest spice ive ever experianced!

Still hopeing for a slower [and genteler] visual mini dose experiance.. posibly combined with some rue in right amount thats more forgiving ..this was straight spice this time...

The blood pressure rise it can cause.. i would like to tame down some... for a more gentle but visual expoeriance ...maybe some herbal tea before hand [like chamimile] or valerian tea might do some positive things to the experiance...

Ive dome a lot of blasting off years ago ..just want to soften the experiance some if posible..