We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvinorin A IR + UV-Vis spectrum Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 8/15/2020 9:38:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

OUTDATED - Check here

Here I have a spectrum of the UV-Vis absorption and also IR of Salvinorin. Actually no idea about purity, but it was re-xed multiple times with boiling IPA, so it should be just fine I guess ...

IR-Spectrum (attenuated total reflection method)

Quite a lot of signals, if you compare it to DMT (Link), but Salvinorin A is quite a hulk in size for a psychoactive compound.

UV-Vis Spectrum (2,7*E-04 mol/L in Acetonitrile)

Man that looks shitty! With the absorption becoming negative at some point. No idea what happened, maybe that instrument is broke. Nevertheless the baseline was definetly measured correctly, but as it is not really interesting I did not spend time doing more measurements until it would look okay, thats why I post it anyway.
Only the Furan is an Aromate and there are no other strongly absorbing structures in Salvinorin, so maybe that's a reason why the UV-Vis looks quite boring.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 8/15/2020 11:26:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quality work! Thumbs up
Quote:
the absorption becoming negative at some point.
was the furan ring doing some crazy fluorescing or something? Or was some part of the optical chain maybe contaminated with stuff that absorbs strongly at the upper and lower frequencies, screwing with the calibration? Does seem to be broken, otherwise Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli