We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone experience blackout leading to trance? Options

Ancient Mariner
#1 Posted : 8/3/2020 12:11:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends, so I've been trying to unravel whatever meaning I can out of this experience I had last year. My intentions were a little immature and I kinda asked for what I got but I wanted to know how intense the human experience gets and how much suffering there can possibly be. I mainly wanted to know because if pain reached a limit and I could bear it, then my propensity towards empathy could abate somewhat. So I decided to inhale this peppermint enhanced leaf 50/50 ratio I made through a solvent-free tek and before I left my chair, I must have blacked out.

I awoke in what I'd describe as a sort of trance. I stared at the fire and felt as though I woke up to a new life. I felt immense sympathy for all the pain that fire has done to others and guilt for wanting to understand the limits. I then started gathering the pieces and felt so close to finding an understanding of the issue at hand but was back in my own shoes before it was reached.

Sorry if this was a boring read but I feel like some other perspectives would maybe turn this into a positive learning experience.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PedroSanchez
#2 Posted : 8/3/2020 4:01:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ime going through extreme tough times of any kind (including taking drugs to feel "pain"Pleased has only intensified my empathy. DMT when used in a calculated manner has also increased my empathy. i dont think DMT is the drug to use if you are trying to achieve the opposite effect. i could be wrong, i only have my own experiences to go on, but for me, it has enhanced my empathy.
why do you feel you are too empathetic? imo it is a rare personality trait that the world needs much more of!
empathetic people can often feel like they are being taken advantage of, but when you break life down to what truly matters they have a huge advantage.

perhaps the enlightenment you received was not the enlightenment you were expecting. forgetting what you have learnt is a horrible feeling, but dont let it hold you down, there is plenty more learning to do.

as far as the blackout/trance goes, it could be a matter of dose or combinations. i have not experienced this same thing. it could be a one time thing, or you could have been abusing it, knowingly or not.
maybe next time go slowly. it sounds like you have an intention, which is great, but dont rush it.

Ancient Mariner
#3 Posted : 8/3/2020 5:45:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the response and all the great insight. That was definitely a silly move of mine to do DMT in the hopes I might lessen my empathy. I can see that now. Plus, I almost certainly abused it during that one. I was doing it repeatedly that night, with cocaine and alcohol, and finally my hubris probably got me and sent me to a very emotional place. I'm not nearly as reckless these days and I'd at least partially attribute it to this experience.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 8/3/2020 9:41:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ancient Mariner wrote:
So I decided to inhale this peppermint enhanced leaf 50/50 ratio I made through a solvent-free tek
It would be good if you could elaborate on this a little more - how would this even work?

Your plan on lessening empathy was going quite well with the coke & booze, but you really screwed up with adding the DMT Laughing

As Pedro says, please cherish your empathy - the world needs you. I know how difficult it can be sometimes.

And also I've blacked out a couple of times (last time was 10 years ago, btw.) when using DMT disrespectfully. So, thanks for sharing your story, it set me thinking somewhat. I think DMT in combination with alcohol can enhance postural hypotension. Combining vasodilators with vasoconstrictors can sometimes lead to unexpected results. I also had postural hypotension more recently from edible cannabis and a lysergamide. This was another incident that helped remind me to be more respectful.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#5 Posted : 8/4/2020 2:30:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:
I think DMT in combination with alcohol can enhance postural hypotension.

well, so can holding your breath for 30 seconds.
Quote:
It would be good if you could elaborate on this a little more - how would this even work?

Big grin
Quote:
Your plan on lessening empathy was going quite well with the coke & booze, but you really screwed up with adding the DMT

^^^

Although continuing that first route to it's inevitable end could lead to a real awakening of what suffering is. On a cold night on the sidewalk with nowhere else to go... DMT on the other hand? It's trying to tell you something, but I doubt it is to care less.Laughing

Ha ha, DMT strikes again. I bet it's twirling some kind of strange mustache as we speak.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Ancient Mariner
#6 Posted : 8/4/2020 3:57:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wanted something easier to take camping and didn't have iso or grain so I did this
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Warm_water_bath_changa
I meant enhanced peppermint leaf. And I'm not sure how it works but it worked enough for me to communicate with a hundred aliens at once and it caused a friend who never tried DMT to give me a million thanks for introducing it to him. I still haven't ever been able to break through before I drop pipe and I don't have a bong, but I'm happy with what happens.

I admit it was not my finest moment when I smoked DMT to reduce empathy, or whatever I was aiming for. But after severe pain from my past heroin addiction, it really bothered me thinking there may be no limit to suffering. I wanted to see where it ends so that I could rest easy knowing it is limitless. I wasn't trying to block my mind from the universe around me. I guess I meant sympathy and sorrow for other's pain as opposed to empathy, which I know to be an awareness of and connection to things outside oneself. Sorry for the confusion on that.

Quote:
Ha ha, DMT strikes again. I bet it's twirling some kind of strange mustache as we speak.

Yeah the faces in the sky, maybe its minions, smacked me in the head telling me to settle down and I eventually obeyed Embarrased