We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A preface to what comes next? Options

jamadagni
#1 Posted : 7/26/2020 5:47:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello fellow explorers and travelers,

My relationship with DMT began 10 years ago with an introduction to ayahuasca. It was facilitated by a trained western-born shaman who studied with the Shipibo for a couple decades - I had already gotten to know him in a separate context somewhat already. The person who brought me was a close friend, had been organizing circles for many years already, and the location was just a few minutes from where I grew up - home turf. I went to the ceremony with minimal expectations, some butterflies, but confidence in the set and setting.

Suffice to say, the medicine opened up for me that first night and Grandmother welcomed me with open arms and coiled around my heart. I don't remember exactly what I experienced that night, except of visions opening, a healing my relations, the healing of others, cleansing chants and vibrations, and a budding sense of the depth of this work.

Not to say this wasn't my first psychedelic experience - I had done mushrooms a fair amount in my youth, as well as MDMA, but nothing to classify myself as an experienced psychonaut.

After the experience I asked with wonder to my friend who organized the circles..."THIS has been what you've been doing these past years?!?" blown away at what I had been missing by not attended earlier.

I began to attend aya ceremonies regularly - once a month or so - for a few years. The relationship with the plants deepened, and so did my ability to navigate in that space. I felt myself working through layers of conditioned behaviors, narratives, ways of thinking, feeling and being. I remember a certain ceremony where the shaman was sitting singing in front of me, and my eyelids starting blinking separately, completely autonomously, in sync with his singing. It felt like a defragging of my internal hard drive. Butterfly sight. There were many other tantalizing glimmers of the potential of that space and my own relationship to it. Much is left unsaid in working with traditional healers - after all it is telepathine that they're working with.

I recall at some point in my early work with the medicine, I overheard someone discussing Syrian Rue as an analog, and people making the medicine with other ingredients. It stuck with me, but it would be a long time until that circuit was to be connected.

At that time, an invited guest of the shaman I was working with, came and sat in our circle. He was a youngish Shipibo man who now lived in the States with his family, and was just beginning to connect into medicine communities on the west coast. We stayed in touch and I started working more closely with him, eventually completing a dieta with him. In this time, the medicine work would come in phases - sometimes not for 6 months, and then a flurry of up to 8 or 10 in a two month period. Through this time I continued to familiarize myself with Aya and navigating in the mariacion. At a certain point in our expanding relationship, Madre Ayahuasca showed me her path, a winding snake into infinity, and presented the possibility of adopting her as my path, perhaps her adopting me. The response was - I have much to learn from this path, but it is not mine. I have different lineage influences that I have yet to discover.

I continued to sit with the medicine for some years, learning to support the set and setting, from assisting through guardianship of the space, eventually contributing music and songs myself. About that process, that's another topic completely. Safe to say that it has taught me, and I continue to learn, how to be of service, how to listen, and how to offer clear prayers.

Since, it has become the path of many that I know. Over the last few years, I've been working with a mestizo shaman who has taken the learning to another level. I've sat with various other facilitators - and my own experience has evolved over the years. Friends have developed their practices, music and ceremony skills to become ayahuasceros. Sometimes I support them in their work. They often support me in my own healing.

In the last couple of years, the work has intensified. Our new teacher brought the most powerful brew of ayahuasca that I'd ever had and it once again blew the doors off my perception. No admixtures, just the vine and the chacruna. We joked that this batch of medicine was a 16 out of 10. Usually I drink 2-3 cups through a ceremony, but this batch, it was all I could do to hold on for dear life with just one cup. By this time I had found my partner, who also attended these ceremonies with me. Working with our teacher, the two of us had a series of ceremonies that were the most powerful and intense than anything I'd experience before in, by this time, over 100 ceremonies. The feeling of a major connection of a circuit long dormant in our mind and the Mind at large. This was our first contact, interactions and direct communication with an unexplainable presence. Perhaps another thread on that one...

Anyways, as we grappled with the mythos making of our own minds around these new experiences, I started to return to the particular lineage that I was brought up in - that of the Vedas. I've neglected to say until this point that I was brought up Hindu, Vaishnava to be specific. Many a night did I fall asleep growing up to bhajans and kirtan happening around me in the temple room.

Ayahuasca, in a certain ceremony reminded me during a moment of intensity, that I had a wellspring in me from my upbringing, helped point me towards the fact that those songs, melodies and rhythms are embedded in me, in my DNA, from before birth, in fact. I've honored that since by leaning in, studying those songs, and the philosophy of the Vedas.

I've since had both my parents attend ceremonies with myself and my partner and our teacher. During these moments with family, both in the medicine together, sharing songs sung from beyond birth and death I understood and felt deeply the way that this medicine works on the epigenetic level affecting changes both upstream and downstream the gene chains.

After learning a prayer to Lord Dhanvantari, the form of Vishnu who is father of medicine and the healing arts and singing it for the first time inside ceremony space, on a couple of cups of strong medicine, another circuit connected, an alchemical opening that has introduced me to exotic artifacts, substances and formulations, such as the nanotechnological bhasma medicines of the east (calcined ash of metals, gems, etc). Down this rabbit hole I dove, with an inner fire that burned in me most of the day and night for a month straight. As new knowledge and insights came with speed into my life, much of the time I felt in an altered state without any substances. I found myself sprinting in inspiration towards new mysteries.

During this time I found some articles about Peganum harmala, its association with Soma, and the Somahuasca Hypothesis. Thus my introduction to Phalaris. As soon as I was awakened to the fact that a common grass may have had a part in the ceremonies of the ancients, many pieces started to fly at me from everywhere, and in a mad dash i catalogued my research, and references, the pieces coalescing into a form and shape that I began to be able to make sense of. It didn't hurt during this time that I was gifted a very special USB key that contained a keyword searchable database of the Vedas, Upanishads, Mahabharata, and a host of other vedic knowledge recovered from through the centuries.

I'm a professional researcher by trade, and I go thoroughly. There's a part that operates very intuitively, as well as a part that is rigorous in the logic of whatever I am making sense of. I turned my search on Soma to the vedabase, which yielded thousands of results, many rich with hidden context. I started to find evidence to correlate and in many ways support the somahuasca hypothesis, as well as the work that Matthew Clark's book the Tawny One has done to advance the conversation. Of course, quite a few searches on phalaris led me to this forum, with its wealth of knowledge and the collaborative research project on Phalaris. It's a resource that I have much respect for. Thank you to all those of you who have been supporting the advancement of this knowledge. I hope to contribute meaningfully to it.

I also searched for Phalaris that had been identified in my geographical area. Through the wonders that the internet provides I was able to identify a place not a mile from where I grew up that showed a large patch of Phalaris aquatica. Since then, I've studied the id threads well, and believe I've positively identified different species in the genus up and down the pacific coast from Alaska through California. Its around me everywhere I go, wherever I've travelled for the last year and a half, which has been a few places.

There was a description somewhere someone gave of harmine and harmaline being like a molecular skeleton key for accessing the plant spirit realms. And if ayahuasca is the grandmother, then peganum harmala is the grandfather. For me, its clarified that after 10 years of working with the grandmother, it is time to get to work with Grandfather.

I've been taking my time, collating my research. I was recently gifted a rue tincture by an experienced traveller Uncle of mine who has been encouraging the research and exploration with Phalaris. Through these years I've also experimented with and had powerful entheogenic experiences with LSD, MDMA and San Pedro, as well as non-entheogenic, taking traditional rasayanas (ayurvedic full-body rejuvenation medicines) like chawanprash, shilajit, some interesting kayakalpa herb combinations. I've also played with some nootropic compound stacks such as Qualia.

Although I've had the opportunity to smoke DMT, I haven't felt the necessity to yet. For that matter, I haven't been in a rush with my working with ayahuasca, and the pace at which I've been able to integrate into my life over some years, having felt and understood how the work I had done 'in there' was resulting in my capacity growing in various ways reflected in my immediate circumstances and external environment.

In the many references to soma which are in the Vedas, it's unclear what it may have been comprised of throughout the ages because of many conflicting accounts of where it grows, what kind of plant it is, and much else. The most intriguing theory I've read was that Soma was ad admixture of many plants - some of which contain, at a baseline, betacarbolines and DMT. For the time being, I take that as a working principle in the experimental laboratory of my evolving existence.

Outside the phalaris has already sprouted its seed heads, they've turned dark with maturation and are blowing to the winds, I've been watching their growth all spring and summer as they mature. I've been scouting it all out for long enough now, the signs both subtle and gross are there. It's time. Something inexplicable is drawing me towards helping to pave the way for serious work with phalaris and syrian rue.

I think this is the only place in the world where others are gathered to discuss their work doing the same. After yet another search brought me to the Nexus I decided it was time to sign up. I'm here to learn from and contribute to the Phalaris - the Way of the Future thread, as well as people's work with Peganum Harmala, and the combination of the two. Thanks and look forward to getting to know some of you.

— Jamadagni
O you sons of nectar, sons of the nectarine ocean sea:
Please listen to me.
You were born in nectar. You were born to taste nectar.
You must not allow yourselves to be satisfied by anything but nectar.
Awake! Arise! And search for that nectar.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TGO
#2 Posted : 7/26/2020 9:17:24 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hey, welcome to the Nexus! It is nice to meet you.

Thank you for the thorough and well-thought out introduction. It seems as though you've been on quite a journey so far and I think it is wonderful that you are able to share these experiences with people close to you. Being a musician myself, I'm curious if you share/stream your music anywhere or if it is specifically for your ceremonies? Music is my favorite soul-food!

The Nexus is certainly centered around novel research, harm reduction, and inner-exploration. Pushing boundaries, gaining knowledge, and getting to know a few of the goofy, lovable people is also a plus. Overall, it is a place where psychedelic enthusiasts from all over the world come together for a common interest.

So, come on in and sit with us for a while! See you around!

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 7/26/2020 10:25:27 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Welcome!

Your articulate introduction leaves me looking forward to hearing much more from you.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

cubeananda
#4 Posted : 7/27/2020 12:03:23 AM

jai

I take this preface, straight with no chaser
and am very eagerly awaiting whats next

Icyseeker
#5 Posted : 7/27/2020 2:07:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was about to give my vote to make you a full member and low and behold you are already one! I think that you are going to fit right in here.
May wisdom permeate through your life.

"What is survival if you do not survive whole. Ask the Bene Teilax that. What if you no longer hear the music of life. Memories are not enough unless they call you to noble purpose." God Emperor Leto ii

"The only past which endures lies wordlessly within you." God Emperor Leto ii

jamadagni
#6 Posted : 7/27/2020 3:14:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for reading, and the warm welcome.

@TGO perhaps at some point I'll share some music in here, I've got a few recordings that I could get around to share. I found the music share thread Thumbs up

@cubeananda, @downwardsfromzero, @icyseeker thanks for the votes of confidence Pleased . Look forward to getting to know you all further.
O you sons of nectar, sons of the nectarine ocean sea:
Please listen to me.
You were born in nectar. You were born to taste nectar.
You must not allow yourselves to be satisfied by anything but nectar.
Awake! Arise! And search for that nectar.

tripwire
#7 Posted : 7/27/2020 10:16:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wonderful introduction, welcome to the Nexus and we look forward to your future contributions.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 7/27/2020 6:28:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Congrats on promotion - that was super quick!!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

TGO
#9 Posted : 7/30/2020 5:03:16 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

jamadagni wrote:
thanks for reading, and the warm welcome.

@TGO perhaps at some point I'll share some music in here, I've got a few recordings that I could get around to share. I found the music share thread Thumbs up

That sounds great to me! Looking forward to it if you do decide to share.

Oh, and congratulations on being promoted to full member!

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish