We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fumarate q's and nefariously edible things Options

ms_manic_minxx
#1 Posted : 1/25/2010 8:03:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1) Is there anything dangerous about consuming excess fumaric acid? (What about the taste?) Dreamer washes excess fumaric acid away from jungle fumarates with distilled water.

2) Reading the main thread, it says that for pharma, with extracted DMT, the actual amount of DMT fumarate to be ingested is much higher than the amount of DMT present in an Ayahuasca brew because of other alkaloids at play. What about full-spectrum jungle? Do dreamers find they must usually consume less jungle vs. pure DMT in an oral experience?

These are just two points of consideration. The brain is poring over ideas...

...something about Ms. Manic Minxx's Magical Mimosa Truffles... a challenge to create a recipe worth hanging on the walls of The Nexus...
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Dimitrius
#2 Posted : 1/25/2010 9:20:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
1) Is there anything dangerous about consuming excess fumaric acid? (What about the taste?) Dreamer washes excess fumaric acid away from jungle fumarates with distilled water.

Check this out: http://sci-toys.com/ingredients/fumaric_acid.html

It's taken as a supplement for......something? I don't remember what. In like the 60-100mg range, or somewhere around there. So the body should be able to handle a milligram or two excess just fine.

ms_manic_minxx wrote:

2) Reading the main thread, it says that for pharma, with extracted DMT, the actual amount of DMT fumarate to be ingested is much higher than the amount of DMT present in an Ayahuasca brew because of other alkaloids at play. What about full-spectrum jungle? Do dreamers find they must usually consume less jungle vs. pure DMT in an oral experience?

Can't say about this one.

ms_manic_minxx wrote:

These are just two points of consideration. The brain is poring over ideas...

...something about Ms. Manic Minxx's Magical Mimosa Truffles... a challenge to create a recipe worth hanging on the walls of The Nexus...

Can't wait to see what dreamer comes up with.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

geeg30
#3 Posted : 1/26/2010 1:41:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The put fumaric acid in food and even sweets for kids - that was always one thing that puzzled me, was the removal of excess fumaric. If using fumarates for pharma why bother???
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

Dimitrius
#4 Posted : 1/26/2010 2:03:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

geeg30 wrote:
The put fumaric acid in food and even sweets for kids - that was always one thing that puzzled me, was the removal of excess fumaric. If using fumarates for pharma why bother???

For more accurate measurements of doses and yields.

With FASW for example, there can be quite a bit of excess fumaric acid.

So for instance, if one had 6g fumarates + excess fumaric acid and then by removing the excess fumaric acid wound up with 3g fumarates.....well, if one hadn't removed the excess acid, then a measured dose of 50mg might only be 25 mg. You see?

Depends....on my first go, I wound up with 6.7g fumarates + excess fumaric acid (by way of FASW), which after doing a simple water re-xstal, amounted to only 3g fumarates.........with FASI precipitation, there doesn't seem to be much excess fumaric acid at all.

Plus, excess fumaric acid will add more sour taste, which may or may not be desirable.

Edit: ughhh...I just tasted a small bit....reminds me of my Warheads days in middle school....I'm gonna have to eat something sweet now.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

amor_fati
#5 Posted : 1/26/2010 3:04:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Ditto for what Dimitrius stated.