We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
My introduction, 10+ years of experiences and cosmic heartbreak. Options

d3adh3ad
#1 Posted : 7/15/2020 1:24:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Forgive the longwinded first post, but I finally found the motivation to get this off my chest. I've tried several times, but always get cold feet... Here goes...

My first experience with DMT was around 1995… Spectacular, bizarre but sub-breakthrough, as was expected… Was a relatively small dose and I didn’t come across any for many years after…

I’ve been smoking DMT regularly for about 12-ish years… I’m guessing on average 4 times per month, sometimes more and sometimes less… Regardless, hundreds, maybe thousands, of journeys over the years and a breakthrough rate of about 85-90%. Needless to say, the molecule has played a profound part in my life for the past 12 years. And while jumping to hyperspace has ALWAYS come with a certain amount of anxiety and trepidation, my experiences had been, up to this point, almost entirely positive save for the occasional time when my heart yearned to return to the source and for whatever I didn’t quite reach my destination… a feeling of disappointment which I’m sure most of you can relate to. For me, the destination was death… Ego death, for sure, but also, death of my physical self… My consciousness ascending from my body and, once again, becoming connected with the source of all life in both the physical planes and beyond. Such an incredible sense of peace always waited for me… To know that we exist in eternity and loss is a flawed concept… Impermanence of states, which is hard to accept in this life, did not mean impermanence of being… All those who’ve I’ve ever known and will ever know in this life, exist in eternity in addition to all I’ve never known but now could after being reunited with the source. Rarely did I ever think I’d return to my body while breaking through (always a little disappointed when I do) and I can count on two hands the times I didn’t return with tears rolling down my face at the sheer beauty of what I’d been blessed to witness and experience, if only for a short time. An indescribable realm of absolute perfection and infinite understanding… What’s not to love?

For me, all the DMT I’d acquired functioned the same. The smell was always consistent but the color and consistency could vary. Regardless, I never gave much thought to quality as my sources were great… If it smelled like DMT, it was and performed as I expected… My sources certainly varied over the years but again, never a disappointing batch. As far as consumption, I would say the majority of the first 8 years were almost exclusively deems sandwiched in weed via a bong which I realized early on could provide that one-hit blast off without worrying about hitting a pipe multiple times. This method never failed me, aside from the aforementioned occasional ‘coming up short’ disappointment. In the last two years, I moved on to an electronic vaporizer after seeing one highly recommended. I went with the Puffco Plus. Cost a few bucks more than the more commonly used yocan. Immediately I believed I’d found the holy grail of deems consumption devices. It worked flawlessly, every single time. The highest heat setting and it’s ‘sesh-mode’ 10 second burn option vaped everything I put in there perfectly. Any amount from 20-80mg was perfectly taken in one delightful hit. No flame, bong, pipe or weed required… Plus, being extremely mobile was a huge plus. All in all, my decade + long dance with DMT continued to a blissful cosmic dance… Until…

The Hyper-Slap…

It’s hard to pinpoint what went wrong in this particular instance but the ‘dance’ hasn’t been the same since… Hell, I can’t even get into the club anymore.

I didn’t weigh my dose as I almost never had… I had found my sweet spot with my eye (about 50mg) and seemed to nail it every time. I do believe I was a little heavy handed this time (my guess about 80mg), but in my experience, the amount of fuel in the rocket never mattered so long as there was enough to get us there… Any more didn’t change the experience… Once I crossed the threshold into the realm, I had arrived and all was well. Either way, certainly no more than I’d done at various points in the past, though more than average. My set and setting most definitely weren’t perfect, however. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but I immediately wasn’t happy with some part of it. I don’t recall if it was the music or and external noise or simply the position I was seated in but as soon as the rocket lifted off, I knew I wanted to change something… I think I got up and moved to a different part of my couch and that’s honestly the last bit of reality I recall. At that point, everything in existence began to crumble. My field of vision seemed to freeze-frame in 2 dimensions like a screen capture and literally shatter into a million indistinguishable pieces… Visually, I was gone… I felt reduced to a dying neuron slowly being disconnected from the entire nervous system of my existence… One by one, these connections snapped and with each I became more and more terrified and alone. Instead of the connected to all things, living and dead, experience of a breakthrough, it was the exact opposite… Systematic disconnection from everything I knew… Complete and utter isolation and with every disconnecting synapse, one small step closer to extinction of my consciousness. It was absolutely terrifying and the sense of loss breaks my heart to this day… And I’m sure the problem and solution lays somewhere in that last statement. Naturally, after what seemed like hours of the dissolvement of my soul, the room began to reappear… I felt I was being given another chance… Though I felt I was as tiny as an ant and growing to my normal size (which, by the way, was one of the most fucking incredible hallucinations I’ve experienced in my many decades for psychonautic exploration…) My elation at still existing seemed to spur that growth and it was a truly ‘kiss the ground’ moment (I think I actually may have) when I was my appropriate size and things returned to 3 dimensions… In particular my dog, who had remained a flat unmoving shard of glass that I was able to see move further and further away throughout the experience… Exacerbating my terror… But I was back, I was safe and I was still me (or us). Needless to say, I decided I’d take a break… Really try to integrate what had happened and find a way to move forward… Maybe a month or so later, I decided I was ready… Except, it wasn’t the same… No blast off, no waiting room, no striking visuals, almost nothing… Vague translucent patterns and a glitch effect over what I was seeing, but so far from every prior experience. It’s been almost a year now and I try, often, and the results are always the same… The glitchiness can be unnerving sometimes and in those moments, fear of a repeat incident grabs hold.. but so far, no repeat hyper-slaps… Almost nothing at all. I thought maybe it was the batch so in the past year I’ve sourced probably 20 grams of 20 different batches, chasing the dragon as it were, but to no avail…

Like I said earlier, I’m certain the fear is playing a prominent role in whatever is blocking my access, but the emotion that sits at the forefront more than anything is heartbreak. That feeling of a permanent disconnectedness is so empty and so sad. The things I’ve seen and experienced in the DMT realm have been nothing short of life changing and inspiring beyond description… What I experienced on that day showed me an an equally profound but opposite truth that was so cosmically lonely and soul crushing, I think my biggest fear now is that it could be THE truth… That we are not connected, we are eternally alone and that our existence will dissolve into nothing…

Life goes on and life is good… I’m extremely blessed by any measure… I have love in my life and love and compassion in my heart and ultimately, that is enough. But I also have an abundant supply and variety of DMT and so every few weeks or so, I give it another shot… but with the same translucent static results like trying to start an engine with a dead battery… It just…makes me sad… But I’m also determined. If that’s all I ever get from DMT again, I will have gotten SO much more than I deserve… But I’ll be damned if I’m going to stop trying to get the ship off the ground again.

If you’ve made it this far, thank you. If you’ve any words of encouragement or ideas to share, I sincerely thank you in advance. I’ve read through a lot of posts on here and can’t tell you all how much I appreciate it. I’ve seen people at similar stages as well, so I don’t expect this will be all that unfamiliar to many of you, but I’ve been wanting to get this off my chest for many months (since whenever I made this account) and feel better already having done so.

In case anyone is curious, I haven’t used any alternate methods of consumption since then. Always the Puffco but I have bought several new chambers. I’ve also NEVER tried changa.

So that’s where I’m at. Feeling a little like I’ve lost a cosmic friend, but trying to keep things in perspective. Thanks again for hearing me out and I appreciate you active nexians SO much and have for a very long time as a lurker.

Peace, love and SAFE TRAVELS!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Achilles
#2 Posted : 7/15/2020 2:18:18 AM

I is the obstacle.

I’ve been where you are before and it is almost a rut that can be impossible to get out of but I don’t understand it. When I was in my alcohol classes I learned about something called state dependent restrictions where essentially skills and things like that that you acquire in a certain state of mind (in that case alcohol) will be forgotten or less honed when not in that state. I used to be an angry drinker and they said that that could also be a state dependent trait that I would consistently revert back to while drinking and being in that state of mind. Like I said I had that problem to with dmt and having bad trips and I ASSUME not know but assume, that might be the problem. Your brain may be relating that state of mind with fear now. Idk I can’t say for sure but I can say that I had to take a solid break from all psychedelics because of that and it sucked so I feel ya. Anyways I enjoyed reading your introduction and hopefully things get better for you. Welcome to the nexus and I’ll see ya around Smile
This guys ego ^

d3adh3ad
#3 Posted : 7/15/2020 2:42:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Achilles wrote:
I’ve been where you are before and it is almost a rut that can be impossible to get out of but I don’t understand it. When I was in my alcohol classes I learned about something called state dependent restrictions where essentially skills and things like that that you acquire in a certain state of mind (in that case alcohol) will be forgotten or less honed when not in that state. I used to be an angry drinker and they said that that could also be a state dependent trait that I would consistently revert back to while drinking and being in that state of mind. Like I said I had that problem to with dmt and having bad trips and I ASSUME not know but assume, that might be the problem. Your brain may be relating that state of mind with fear now. Idk I can’t say for sure but I can say that I had to take a solid break from all psychedelics because of that and it sucked so I feel ya. Anyways I enjoyed reading your introduction and hopefully things get better for you. Welcome to the nexus and I’ll see ya around Smile

Appreciate the read and reply! Yeah, I definitely agree that fear has sunk its teeth into my mind somewhere so I'm guessing I'm spending my time fighting the fear rather than embracing the ride, even if I've convinced myself otherwise. Thinking back on it, I believe my break was closer to 3 months than 1 like i said in the post, but since then, it's been a 'keep getting back on the horse' approach.. After so much consistent success, I think I'd definitely become complacent in my pre-game approach too... Particularly the past few years.. I think my next attempt I'll need to commit to a significant pre-flight meditation and focus on the fear and what it means (or doesn't) as opposed to trying to put on my game face and pretend it's not there. Also will probably go back to the ol' weed sandwich/bong method since i can feel a subtle desire to blame the equipment (and the spice) rather than what's going on with me internally... Thanks again for the warm welcome!

VibeSurfer
#4 Posted : 7/15/2020 4:12:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, welcome to the Nexus and thank you for sharing your stories. I don't know what to make of getting locked out. It is sad, weird, and uncomfortable. It feels like someone you love just does not ever want to see you anymore and you don't get to know why. When I first started with DMT, I thought I had the biggest secret tool the universe has to offer... just sitting on the shelf to access whenever I felt the urge. It made me feel like I had so much power over everything in my life. I had newfound power to love, to heal, to persist, to understand, to let go. I found more adventure than I ever could have imagined. I thought I would never get tired of DMT. Then, it felt as if DMT got tired of me. I was doing larger, unknown doses using e-liquid in a vaporizer. I think constantly doing too many large excessive doses might have something to do with it, but I do not know. Maybe it's that the brain receptors need time to adjust, reset, or return to normal if you pound them too hard. When we go to far, we become exhausted. My dad told me a few years ago that when you don't have a clear head, it is very hard to know that you don't have a clear head. I think the amount of stress I was under and other health issues during this time might have accounted for getting locked out. It amounted to just a lot of unnoticed negative energy that I had allowed to live and grow inside of me. This molecule is so complicated and unpredictable, I don't know that lockouts will ever really be understood. The only thing to do is give it time. You've got to hope and believe that it will find its way back to you.

"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

d3adh3ad
#5 Posted : 7/15/2020 12:56:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VibeSurfer wrote:
It feels like someone you love just does not ever want to see you anymore and you don't get to know why.

Ha... So perfectly said...

VibeSurfer wrote:
I thought I had the biggest secret tool the universe has to offer... just sitting on the shelf to access whenever I felt the urge. It made me feel like I had so much power over everything in my life. I had newfound power to love, to heal, to persist, to understand, to let go. I found more adventure than I ever could have imagined. I thought I would never get tired of DMT. Then, it felt as if DMT got tired of me.

Man, I feel this SO much... Those two quotes couldn't encapsulate my feelings any more perfectly. It feels I did something wrong... abused the privilege or used up all my ride tickets without realizing there was a limit... I really appreciate you sharing your perspective!

So after some time away and working through your internal stuff, were you able to find your way back in?

d3adh3ad
#6 Posted : 7/15/2020 1:07:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

schmexus wrote:
Beware of persisting in a mono-dimensional semantic dichotomy (such as life/death, illusion/reality, hate/love, despair/bliss) when you have the cognitive option of a plurality of multi-dimensional forms.

Great point.. It's tempting (and lazy) to paint in black and white since the experience was so strikingly foreign and seemingly at odds with what I expected but expectation itself is probably part of the problem here. Thanks for your insight!

VibeSurfer
#7 Posted : 7/15/2020 9:25:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I might be back in action. I was able to receive DMT via ayahuasca a month or two ago, and it did its thing. It had been about 3 months since I had attempted to smoke DMT. I have an extraction underway at the moment and I am hoping I will get what I am looking for out of this new batch of spice.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

d3adh3ad
#8 Posted : 7/15/2020 10:08:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VibeSurfer wrote:
I think I might be back in action. I was able to receive DMT via ayahuasca a month or two ago, and it did its thing. It had been about 3 months since I had attempted to smoke DMT. I have an extraction underway at the moment and I am hoping I will get what I am looking for out of this new batch of spice.

Right on... I'll be cheering for you from my corner of the world!

d3adh3ad
#9 Posted : 7/16/2020 1:50:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Achilles wrote:
I’ve been where you are before and it is almost a rut that can be impossible to get out of but I don’t understand it.

Forgot to ask, but after your rut, did things return to normal for you at some point?

Phangz
#10 Posted : 7/16/2020 2:02:44 AM

Seeking...

Congrats on your promotion!!! That was the fastest I've seen. People must have really liked your intro essay. Super excellent. =)
There's never enough dirt but......the best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago.

d3adh3ad
#11 Posted : 7/16/2020 2:10:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phangz wrote:
Congrats on your promotion!!! That was the fastest I've seen. People must have really liked your intro essay. Super excellent. =)

Haha, thanks! Was definitely a nice surprise... Hope to do my up-voters proud!

blyablya
#12 Posted : 7/16/2020 8:41:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I enjoyed reading your introduction. Also congrats on the promo!
Stand on your wallet, I want to see how tall you are.

sbios
#13 Posted : 7/16/2020 8:55:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

d3adh3ad wrote:
Achilles wrote:

Appreciate the read and reply! Yeah, I definitely agree that fear has sunk its teeth into my mind somewhere so I'm guessing I'm spending my time fighting the fear rather than embracing the ride, even if I've convinced myself otherwise. Thinking back on it, I believe my break was closer to 3 months than 1 like i said in the post, but since then, it's been a 'keep getting back on the horse' approach.. After so much consistent success, I think I'd definitely become complacent in my pre-game approach too... Particularly the past few years.. I think my next attempt I'll need to commit to a significant pre-flight meditation and focus on the fear and what it means (or doesn't) as opposed to trying to put on my game face and pretend it's not there. Also will probably go back to the ol' weed sandwich/bong method since i can feel a subtle desire to blame the equipment (and the spice) rather than what's going on with me internally... Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Perhaps as you said, that a part of you, subconsciously has yet to come to terms with that traumatic? experience. So a part of your consciousness doesn't want to go through another experience like that and so the blocks. IME, the few times I felt part of me didn't want to go for another trip the BT either did not happen or felt forced. Or could it be biologically how parts of the brain's firing went overboard and shocked the system? Does that mean a longer break to fully process the trip more or try different administration routes?

d3adh3ad
#14 Posted : 7/16/2020 12:41:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sbios wrote:

Perhaps as you said, that a part of you, subconsciously has yet to come to terms with that traumatic? experience. So a part of your consciousness doesn't want to go through another experience like that and so the blocks. IME, the few times I felt part of me didn't want to go for another trip the BT either did not happen or felt forced.

My hope is that you're exactly right and I just need to spend more time working through it than I have.. And, admittedly, I haven't devoted much time to it in a productive way at all (I'm historically a trauma blocker when having experienced it on this side of the rabbit hole), so there's definitely internal work to be done. Just writing about it over the past couple of days has seemed to cause a subtle change in my vibration which has me more than a little optimistic... Hoping some meditation on the experience over the next couple of days, a good pre-flight meditation and a venue change lead to a successful launch. Thanks for the read & reply!

sbios
#15 Posted : 7/18/2020 2:58:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad that helps a little.Big grin I'm also keen to figure out the reasons for deny of BT or rather ways to achieve BT.

Fruit is life
#16 Posted : 7/19/2020 10:12:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, sorry about your issue...seemingly losing a degree of "divine connection" most definitely sounds like it might cause a period of inconsolable grieving... It may be worth considering taking a break from any seratonergic substances for a while Aswell as take care to watch your diet and other lifestyle factors and stress...get plenty of rest and before you attempt another launch possibly experiment with the addition of Harmala alkaloids or even Pharmahuasca route, or other psychs ... that way you will know it's not necessarily an inability to access such brain states or a damaged neural system, And you may also reconnect with that interconnected essence you have been missing. Really curious as to why this happens.
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

CosmicRiver
#17 Posted : 7/26/2020 12:34:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but IMHO it was a consequence of your mindset.

You say you used to feel disappointed when you returned to your body after a breakthrough. Why do you feel like your body and the physical universe holds less value than what you experienced on your breakthroughs? I got the impression that you see the Source as something transcendent (similar to the concept of a god) and not as something that lives within this Universe in all its interconnected expressions.

Maybe your unpleasant experience was DMT / your subconscious trying to show you how much you still value this reality, because it's here that you can connect with others and realize you're not lonely.

These are my two cents.