We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Advice on rue/mimosa analogue Options

observe
#1 Posted : 7/12/2020 11:18:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I prepared some tea for the first time in a long time and want to hear your opinions on the recipe chosen. 1lb of powdered mimosa and 1/2lb of powdered rue were vigorously boiled in 4 gallons of unacidified distilled water equaling 5 1-2hour pulls for a total of 8 hours brewing resulting in 2l of finished filtered/room temp decanted tea. I hope this was thorough enough to gather all of the alks,when preparing the acid stage for a/b I have not added any acid and still yielded over 1% which is everything in the bark but I dont know how brewing with rue effects solubility. Both material has created potent brews when brewed alone without acid but I dont know how long it takes to deplete both combined, anybody who does know please dispel my concern. Anyway to improve my recipe?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 7/14/2020 10:52:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

5 separate boils should do a pretty good job of removing the actives - especially since you've used distilled water. I don't know if the solubility of the harmala alkaloids will be affected by the tannins from the mimosa, however. I'd probably keep the tannin sludge that separates out from the mimosa tea, just in case.

What is your goal with this procedure?

I feel at risk of stating the obvious here (because I'm pretty sure you're fairly experienced), but if aim is to drink the tea, filtering out the fine particulates with a cotton ball in a funnel would certainly be a refinement - ideally using more than one funnel and swapping over when the cotton becomes clogged. Allowing the brew to settle overnight in a tall container in the fridge will make this easier.

The other improvement might be to measure your ingredients in grams as the conversion into milligrams is far simpler that way Smile

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

observe
#3 Posted : 7/15/2020 1:15:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Prior to decanting it kept clogging my cheesecloth its already quite clean theres only very little fine sediment at the bottom. Someone who helped me tried some last night while we camped, he felt no nausea and described only slight geometry and heavy sedation on the equivalent of 5g of rue and 10g of mimosa. I suspect i shouldve shaken the brew to disperse the alkaloids. I will nexttime. My goal with this procedure is to have a lot of powerful aya to use to expose all the patterns my mind manifests in. Its for me to try to finish alone. My goal by not adding acids was i dont like to alter the flavor of the ingredients i want to taste them as they are. Also using no acid has proven effective for both imgredients seperately.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 7/15/2020 7:01:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sounds like you're on track; One more thing springs to mind - some would suggest adding lemon balm to the brew not only for flavour but rather for the synergy it provides.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

observe
#5 Posted : 7/16/2020 1:16:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I ordered a pound of lemon balm but the vendor doesnt have it due to corona so i got refunded. I drank 50ml of the tea,plus additional ayahuasca vine/rue only tea beforehand to ensure inhibition. The trip was like 2 grams of mushrooms the pleasant cerebral euphoria was more pronounced than the visuals. I wanted a visually dense experience nexttime I'll use lots of lemon juice. I will extract from the sediment with lemon juice now.

bismillah
#6 Posted : 7/16/2020 3:56:25 PM

My Personalized Tag

My trips on mimosa tea, interestingly, also seem to be laid back and more controlled. At least, in the visual sense. It makes my mind race like nothing else, which takes a good amount of centered-ness to overcome.

I think the lack of "intensity" is probably just because getting the goodies out of mimosa is actually pretty difficult. Last time, I did one 45 minute boil with 5g bark and a lot of lemon juice. Not enough! But, you'll find that these calmer trips are incredibly valuable in their own right. Just be aware that they may tend to get dark—they always do for me—and if you're not prepared it can be deeply shaking.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

observe
#7 Posted : 7/19/2020 12:32:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I plan to use white vinegar then, my first successful brew and point of reference for powerful brews I almost emptied a bottle of applecider vinegar in the pot. I was trying to avoid vinegars flavor but I dont care much about flavor. I have heard as you reduce vinegar the acetic acid boils off rather than concentrating like citric. So if I bought a couple gallons of vinegar and no distilled water and just brewed solely in vinegar would it remain 5%acetic acid? If so, could I hypothetically dilute the final product with distilled water to double its volume so it is 2.5% acetic acid then reduce that solution to its predilution volume? I dont know if the acetic acid will concentrate at all before it starts evaporating off.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 7/20/2020 11:17:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Water evaporates more readily than acetic acid, so boiling off a solution of vinegar would slowly lead to it becoming at least a bit more concentrated. The boiling point of acetic acid falls fairly close to that of water - 118 to 119 °C vs. 100 °C - meaning that is difficult to separate them using simple distillation alone. Thus, for example, halving the volume of your vinegar solution would lead to only a small increase in the acetic acid concentration.

bismillah
#9 Posted : 7/21/2020 1:55:17 PM

My Personalized Tag

I tried using white vinegar to make rue tea the other day, and it was a good 5x more vomitogenic than usual. It burned! Awful. I prefer lemon, even though it tastes like the worst sour candy ever.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

observe
#10 Posted : 7/21/2020 9:31:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

5x more vomitogenic is a good sign. Can either of your recommend a ratio of water to vinegar to maintain a nice low ph without making an undrinkably vinegary tea?

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 7/21/2020 10:17:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

TBH, I found distilled water did a perfectly good job. Adding (in my case) ascorbic acid at the end seemed to screw up the last couple of boils with rue seed. Adding vinegar isn't necessary unless you have alkaline tap water as your only choice. I mean, unless vomiting is your goal...

observe
#12 Posted : 7/21/2020 10:43:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I got a rue extract so I plan to boil the bark alone. Distilled water has worked for pulling all the dmt out of bark in the past I just want to be my absolute most thorough possible and get every last drop of dmt, I dont care about puking or discomfort. I assume the rue seeds had a lot of impurities that effected the last batches solubility, yet my faith in using just distilled water is shaken. I will likely use whole ground lemons or limes for acidification instead of vinegar since it still concentrates.

Jagube
#13 Posted : 7/21/2020 11:53:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

But vinegar doesn't concentrate as much as citric acid.

Re distilled water, I think it should work.
At pH 7, 16.6% of harmine is freebase, and much less harmaline.
That sounds like a significant portion, but you're doing more than one wash, and the amount of fb in the seeds drops exponentially with each wash.

With other plant material (like barks for DMT) there is the issue of tannates, which may not be very soluble, and it's my understanding that adding more vinegar can help them dissociate.

But that shouldn't be an issue with rue seeds.

observe
#14 Posted : 7/22/2020 12:23:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I am thinking using 4 lemons peel and all will make it quite acidic, I much prefer the flavor of lemon and occassionally eat whole lemons so I dont think it will be too acidic. I didnt know harmine/harmaline freebase was water soluble, sounds to me like you agree the rue seed stole the show.

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 7/22/2020 1:07:35 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Distilled water tends to have a pH below 7 because of dissolved CO2. I would have thought the alkaloids in rue seed would be accompanied by some suitable kind of plant acid for the most part since I get the impression that alkaloids in general are always accompanied by some kind of acid in the plant, like, e.g., meconic acid in the case of poppies. I've never measured the pH change from adding rue seeds to water, though.

Kumarajiva
#16 Posted : 7/22/2020 3:13:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The tannins in mimosa bark should lower the ph (without adding acids)
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&m=941442
Gate Gate Pāragate Pārasaṃgate Bodhi Svāhā

observe
#17 Posted : 8/17/2020 11:27:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I brewed 1lb of mimosa over 18 hours adding fresh water every hour, collecting and reducing the prior pulls. I used a whole 400ml bottle of lime juice adding 100ml to each of the 1st 4 pulls. I reduced the total concentration to roughly 1500ml and used 7+gallons to exhaust the mimosa. I drank 50ml of rue/caapi tea followed by 1 forkfull of oatmeal, one hour later I mixed 18ml of mimosa tea with 50ml of the same fermented rue/caapi tea I could take 1 sip consuming roughly 10ml mimosa/proportionate volume harmala brew. I immediately began to gradually peak patterns enveloped the walls all textures and patterns were moving behind closed eyes I drifted through dreamscapes I felt sensitive sensually and emotionally. My limbs got restless and it became hard to sit still inducing a mighty purge that clogged my nose for an hour or 2, for several hours after the purge any little movement of my head would cause everything to make trails which would ripple to the edge of my vision and condense into white folds. I am very satisfied with this brew 10ml of mimosa was perfect.

Sakkadelic
#18 Posted : 8/19/2020 4:32:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From the description of your last trip i would say rue/capi dose was too high, not necessarily a bad thing but can be uncomfortable.
"Is this the end of our adventure? Nothing has an end. We came in search of the secret of immortality, to be like gods, and here we are... mortals, more human than ever. If we have not obtained immortality, at least we have obtained reality. We began in a fairytale and we came to life! But is this life reality? We are images, dreams, photographs. We must not stay here! Prisoners! We shall break the illusion. This is Maya. Goodbye to the holy mountain. Real life awaits us." ~ Alejandro Jodorowsky

bismillah
#19 Posted : 9/17/2020 10:29:22 PM

My Personalized Tag

I'd have to agree. I keep the rue dose as low as possible (not more than 4g) because, while you need rue to get the plane off the ground, too much of it makes the experience gross. It adds most of the nausea, disorientation, overwhelming sensations, et cetera.

But I dunno, maybe you like feeling like your entire field of existence is sloshing around in a bucket of puke Big grin

observe
#20 Posted : 9/20/2020 5:09:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Disorientation and overwhelming sensations are welcome. I am experimenting with a new batch prepared with the advice from this thread in mind. Same basic technique for mimosa prep except using 0 acid, 25ml of resulting solution is equal to 10g of bark. Different technique for rue prep which was to boil 28.5g whole unacidified seed for 3 hours doing 3 washes then reducing to 150ml,10ml is roughly 2g of seed. Yesterday I drank 10ml of this rue tea waited 1hr then drank 20ml mimosa tea mixed with 10ml rue tea. As soon as I mixed the mimosa and rue tea's there was about a centimeter thick settlement of precipitate, I mixed this into the solution filled my mouth with some grapefruit juice and pounded it pretending it was more grapefruit juice. I tilted my head back to try and swallow everything before my tastebuds could recoil in horror then the sediment settled in a ball in the back of my throat. My body tried evacuating I fought it so I spit ayahuasca vertically through my nose, puked up the maoi predose and paced around with burning nostrils for a few minutes. I attribute failure to the sediment and nexttime will just drink a sizeable dose of maoi then mimosa 30min later. Any advice is welcome. Since spacing maoi and dmt is not traditional and there is maoi on the way to the stomach drinking mimosa alone seems like itd leave some of the dmt vulnerable to decomposition so my confidence is limited.

12NEXT