We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
San Pedro Dose? Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 7/12/2020 7:31:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. I’m a pretty heavy dose sort of guy, and my stomach is made out of iron. I grind up 3 grams of rue with 15 grams of acacia and eat it raw in a peanut butter sandwich, and experience almost no nausea - and that is exactly the kind of dose I like. With mushrooms it’s minimum 5 grams, usually more like 7 - and with LSD, 300 micrograms is the minimum. You get the idea.

I am confident my stomach can handle consuming raw dried cactus powder - I’ll just wrap it up in some rolling papers and swallow it. What sort of dose would be comparable to the doses listed above? I know it varies a lot, but average?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 7/12/2020 10:19:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eating SP powder is no fun. This is coming from one who used to toss and wash an ounce of kratom a day. Still it can be doable. I followed the advice in an old thread I read where Mew said to make the powder slightly wet and make little dough balls from them. When still moist they are easy to get down. I made mine about the size of unshelled hazelnuts. Eating 50 grams is a chore. Also, tea seemed to hit me more potently.

I have an alcohol resin extraction on 100 grams of SP powder which I will eat on my birthday this month.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

OneIsEros
#3 Posted : 7/12/2020 3:01:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So.... 100 grams? In shroom terms, how intense would that be?

VibeSurfer
#4 Posted : 7/13/2020 7:19:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mesc is tricky... getting a strong trip in my opinion isn't just about consuming a large amount. From what I've read around the nexus, quite a lot of the mescaline you ingest just comes right out in your pee. Putting what I've read from others in context of my own experiences, I'm not sure of the nature of the variability of actual absorption, but I definitely feel like it is a real thing. I've taken smaller doses and had stronger trips, and I've taken larger doses and just had mostly nausea the whole time with minimal psychedelic effects, all from just eating powder.

I have a really wide throat and already take a ton of medication every day so I have no problem tossing back 30+ 000 size gel caps in a minute or two. What I do with powder to bypass the taste entirely, is just weigh it out, dump it into a deep bowl, and then spend some time capping it up. After a while, you figure out how to do it quickly. I've had 15g, 30g, and 45g trips with cactus powder. The one 45g experience was not stronger than the 30g experiences.

I agree that tea will make the same amount of cactus more potent than if you were to just eat it. I find tea at higher doses produce more immersive visions than any other method. Tea is a bewildering pain in my opinion though. It always takes way longer than you ever think it will and I find that by the time I am ever done making the tea it is already so late in the day even if I start early in the morning. So make it a day in advance if you go that way.

Mesc is probably best experienced extracted all the way- fun, laughy, stimulating, recreational, spiritual, beautiful. If you have the time and energy, definitely extract it. Most teks call for 100g of powder. If you just want to eat the powder anyways, 100g probably has a mesc content of like 1%, give or take some unknown error rate of course. You might have a gram of mescaline, maybe a little more or less. Most say don't go that high, but if you like the doses you like, I wouldn't worry about it. Mesc hasn't ever came close in terms of intensity compared to a powerful, fully absorbed aya/pharma dose. I have read that the way cactus powder causes nausea and the way that acacia causes nausea is an entirely different mechanism. If your iron stomach backfires on you with 100g of powderized cactus flesh inside, you might have a problem. Even when cactus doesn't produce nausea or pain, there is still a serious heaviness to it. I've taken 520mg of pure mescaline with pretty much no body load or heaviness after the come up.

Every time I do mescaline, I make sure I have really good weed on hand. Properly grown and cured weed that is not too dry will make mescaline erupt.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

OneIsEros
#5 Posted : 7/13/2020 9:23:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rad, thanks for the info Smile

I’ve concluded recently that outside of the endogenous psychedelics (DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, bufotenin), mescaline is the only one I’ll be taking..... although I have yet to experience ibogaine. Salvia’s not particularly rewarding for me entheogenically, psilocybin seems like a downgraded version of ayahuasca, and the couple times I tried pure mescaline it seemed like it was an upgraded version of LSD. And weed I recently figured out triggers my epilepsy.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 7/13/2020 10:22:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VibeSurfer,

Is it possible the different effects you had were due to different potency of cact? Because ime psychedelic effects are clearly dose-dependant in a very predictable manner with mescaline too (taking in account variables such as mode of ingestion, tolerance, set/setting, etc). What varies the most is genetics of cact.

Also, you mean 520 mg, not g, right?

OneIsEros,

Check this thread for relevant info

Normally people recommend taking around 300mg of mesc for first experience.

You might be naturally tolerant/resistant to some psychedelics, but not to others, since pharmacology can be different.. If you want to play it safe, you can stay at that dose. On the other hand, IME generally mescaline is very forgiving and much less likely to precipitate a negative experience (though obviously set and setting recommendations still apply), so it's not necessarily a bad idea to consume some more. A higher but still manageable dose (for some people) of mescaline is maybe 500mg.

Let's take a 0.75% dry average mesc content (near the bridgesii and pachanoi averages as calculated in that thread), that's like 67g dried cact to get 500mg mesc.

Mind you, that's talking averages, you may have a way more potent or a way less potent cactus, genetics matter a lot. You can always adjust and take more or less some other day, depending on how the first experience goes and when you find the potency of your cact.

You can try eating cact powder, i've done that before, but def not pleasant. Hard to swallow, hard on the stomach, but it works! You can try some kind of extraction on it. I'm not sure how soluble mesc in it's natural form is in alcohol, I'd love to know. I've mostly worked with fresh cact so I brewed small pieces of it and filtered, with powder you'd probably have to work around the snot issues (there are some tricks to deal with it apparently) when rehydrating it. Or you can try a proper extraction and crystallizing it in some salt form, my choice is with fumaric acid.

VibeSurfer
#7 Posted : 7/13/2020 11:20:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
VibeSurfer,

Is it possible the different effects you had were due to different potency of cact? Because ime psychedelic effects are clearly dose-dependant in a very predictable manner with mescaline too (taking in account variables such as mode of ingestion, tolerance, set/setting, etc). What varies the most is genetics of cact.

Also, you mean 520 mg, not g, right?

Shocked Whoops. Yes, 520mg. My bad!

I don't know how to accurately account for my experiences in proportion to dose differing from yours with any known accuracy, unfortunately. Strictly speaking about eating powder, I wonder if it is possible for an individual to experience unpleasantness that goes unnoticed because it is still overpowered by the euphoria brought on by mescaline while still dulling the effects of mescaline? If that were true, variances of how the stomach handles the cactus from day to day would maybe explain it, but obviously I have no idea. I can tell you that when I ate 520mg of mescaline hcl that it was not more visual than a particularly strong 25g cactus powder trip, but the level of euphoria between the two was similar. All of my cactus powder trips so far were from one batch of powder that I didn't do any extractions from either. Supposedly, it was San Pedro.

Would you be able to share what tricks you know about for dealing with the cacti snot from dried powder?
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo