We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Impotent ayahuasca brews? (Chaliponga, MHRB) Options

Felotravlr
#1 Posted : 7/7/2020 6:18:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all. I'm pretty new to brewing.

I've worked a bit with chaliponga. My first brew was amazing; how magical life is that we can create such profound experiences in a kitchen with some leaves and vines. I had probably between 6 and 12 strong journeys off of my first brew.

Ever since, I've never been able to make a brew that strong. I've attempted 2 or 3 more chaliponga brews, and more recently attempted my first MHRB brew (I split my amount, half for brewing and half to try my hand at extracting). None of my brews have been nearly as potent as the first.

I assume the problem is with my neglegence; I paid maybe half the attention toward all brews other than the first. But I'm looking for more specific info or insights as to what went wrong. From my research, the best explanation I can come up with is I cooked it too hot and damaged it. Is this a common thing? (That's other than the different batches of material had varying levels to begin with, resulting in drastically different strengths in brews.)

For more context, on all but the first (chaliponga) and last (MHRB) brews, I experimented. For example, reducing the final product to a solid rather than a liquid to avoid the taste as much as possible. I used the oven on the first attempt at this and I'm almost certain that's whrn I torched that brew; another brew made of material from the same batch of leaves, stored in the freezer, I let evaporate naturally but it still was impotent.

This most recent MHRB brew was on a different cooktop (propane) and I had trouble keeping the flames on low enough to not cause the brew to boil. I was constantly switching on and off the burner or removing and replacing the pot.

I drank 13gs worth of liquid (over 50min, 20min after taking ~48g equivalent caapi concentrate) and felt the slightest of effects, as if I were stuck at the 15 minute mark of a psychedelic's come up.

This is my first post and I'm excited to be a part of this community.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Eaglepath
#2 Posted : 7/7/2020 7:34:52 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Quote:
This most recent MHRB brew was on a different cooktop (propane) and I had trouble keeping the flames on low enough to not cause the brew to boil. I was constantly switching on and off the burner or removing and replacing the pot.

This is the problem.. you need to Go hard on the heat! Ideally 12 hours with 3 change of water.. or longer.. or more..

If you do this with quality material and in sufficient amount then it works.. If you want some recommendation of supplier you can message me.

very welcome here and good luck!
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 7/7/2020 10:57:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Eaglepath wrote:
If you want some recommendation of supplier you can message me.

No they can't. Nor should you.

2.14 Only talk about sources for live plants and seeds

This is for your safety.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Felotravlr
#4 Posted : 7/7/2020 11:38:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
Quote:

This is the problem.. you need to Go hard on the heat! Ideally 12 hours with 3 change of water.. or longer.. or more..

So you're thinking for the MHRB I did not go hot or long enough? I did do 3x 2.5-3hrs, and what I read said do not let let it boil. I did let it boil because I wasn't paying enough attention to stop it from boiling.

Justsomedude
#5 Posted : 7/8/2020 6:24:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Felotravlr wrote:
Eaglepath wrote:
Quote:

So you're thinking for the MHRB I did not go hot or long enough? I did do 3x 2.5-3hrs, and what I read said do not let let it boil. I did let it boil because I wasn't paying enough attention to stop it from boiling.

3x 3hrs is definitely too little in my opinion.

I just brew everything in one pot using a water-bath, with plenty of citric acid added beforehand, for 12-18 hours roughly, and keep adding water once it reduces too much.

I've seen videos on YT of "shamans" brewing, and they let it boil. But considering the amounts they use, they can afford to be inefficient.

Maybe a longer brewing time will be sufficient on subsequent attempts ?

Eaglepath
#6 Posted : 7/8/2020 7:07:58 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Felotravlr wrote:
Eaglepath wrote:
Quote:

It sounded on what you wrote that your approach was to not let it boil. It need to boil and that for 12 hours. And again if you have potent material then the brew never fails. And its also of course up to you in the end to drink until she opens the doors..

But dont fall into the new age trap that no I didnt pay enough attention.. or the spirits know what is best for me so thats why it didnt work.. No again.. and trust me.. Ive been drinking more Ayahausca than most of people.. With a potent brew..(prepared correctly) and a brave soul.. She always opens the doorsWink

Eaglepath
#7 Posted : 7/8/2020 7:09:38 AM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Eaglepath wrote:

This is for your safety.

ALright, I have no problem with that. Dont message me!!Smile

But for my safety? I live in a country where it is perfectly legal and safe!

Justsomedude
#8 Posted : 7/8/2020 8:06:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
Eaglepath wrote:

This is for your safety.

ALright, I have no problem with that. Dont message me!!Smile

But for my safety? I live in a country where it is perfectly legal and safe!

That's great for you, but not for the Nexus as a whole.

If we were to start sourcing here, different officials in different countries would start giving a lot more of a damn about this great place and we'd all face some form of prosecution.

Eaglepath
#9 Posted : 7/8/2020 8:54:28 AM

yeah thats probably their number one priority!Wink

Legarto Rey
#10 Posted : 7/8/2020 9:22:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My experience with brews using powdered MHRB, leaves or finely shredded ACRB, has been that long simmers are not needed. Adequate RIMA dosing seems key. This varies betwixt individuals. Suggested Cappi doses are 50-150g. You mentioned 48g caapi concentrate. You might safely double that amount.

Peace

Felotravlr
#11 Posted : 7/13/2020 3:28:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for the replies.

Ive had success with one batch of chaliponga and that simmered for 9 hours (3x 3hr washes, with the resulting liquids combined and reduced.)

Ive not had success with the same method with chaliponga the other two times I've attempted but I've heard chaliponga can vary a lot in potency (or maybe it was something else?).

The MHRB I didn't do much research on and only found one recipe and they clearly stated not to boil it, and then I was worried maybe the reasoning is because DMT is destroyed at too high of temperatures, which seems to be the case for torching it but I'm not sure if I could cook it too hot.

So, now I'm left with a seemingly impotent batch of chaliponga ans a seemingly impotent batch of MHRB, and I have enough plant matter for two more batches of chaliponga leaves for two more brews of the same size (around 115g of material x2).

So any tips to be able to use the batches I already have that seem impotent? Maybe my caapi ratio is off too. Is caapi needed in a specific ratio? Or should I just brew up my remaining leaves? Should I use water that's more acidic? (the water I've used with chali was not as acidic as the water used for MHRB, so maybe that's a problem with my other chali batches.)

I had lots of success with taking ~100g equivalent caapi plus my chali so maybe I should try a higher caapi dose again, but I also don't want to waste caapi unnecessarily - how much is needed? Just enough to inhibit MAO for a short while as the DMT is ingested? If I redose, should I be redoing both caapi and the light or is one dose of caapi at the start of a journey enough to last for a dose and then a redose after an hour and maybe another redose after another hour?

Thank you all again for the responses. I really appreciate it.

dragonrider
#12 Posted : 7/13/2020 8:01:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It depends on your body weight and personal metabolism, but for most people, a little over 50 grams of caapi is enough. So say, something like 55 g, just to be sure.

What legarto rey says is true. You don't need to boil DMT plants for that long.
10 minutes is enough, usually.

Chaliponga is normally VERY potent. You would normally only need a few gram of it. If i understand correctly that you have 115 grams of chaliponga, that should be.....enough for at least 20 to 50 journeys Shocked depending on how strong you would like it to be and how sensitive you are for psychedelics.

Some people only need 2 grams of it to have a deep experience.

dragonrider
#13 Posted : 7/14/2020 8:52:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure that what you have is chaliponga and not chacruna btw?