We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I suspect my DMT lost potency Options

xph
#1 Posted : 7/3/2020 8:13:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well.. It's not that I didn't store it pretty well - it was on dark, cold and dry place. Problem is that it lasted pretty much very long like 3-4 years, I can't remember and that last month or two it was not in the fridge, but it was in vacuum sealed pot.

Thing is, 25mg has very low potency, just a little bit of visuals for me, and I'm noticing the taste become pretty harsh and it's harsh on lungs especially when you're finishing the dose. And it even smells a bit different in the end.

Please anyone tell me their experience with DMT that lost potency so I will know definitely it is what happened, I'm considering throwing it out (sadly). That's what happens when you're kinda really not ready for psychonautics for too long because of... (life).

Thanks!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

skoobysnax
#2 Posted : 7/4/2020 7:49:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Before you toss it think about doing a recrystallization. You might lose some original yield but every now and then i freshen up my stash, seems to work fine. On a side note every extraction that I included a sodium carbonate wash on my combined pulls before freeze precip has aged much better than others. I am not sure what washes out but i had some from acrb that was 4 years old,that was like sugary shards that looked, smelled the same an was still extremely potent. Another batch from mhrb that i made the same time as another. Both stored in the same way. Vacuum sealed in a dark cool place The washed batch stayed light yellow whilst the unwashed turned a tan color.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

xph
#3 Posted : 7/10/2020 5:41:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! Do I need some special equipment to do recrystalization?

q21q21
#4 Posted : 7/10/2020 10:27:20 AM

SWIM

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Recrystallization
Q21Q21's Tek: A comprehensive guide to extracting DMT
The 2 teks use non-toxic lime and vinegar and Tek 1: d-Limonene or Xylene or Tek 2: Naptha to produce very quick high yields with the greatest of ease.

I am almost never on this site anymore so I will likely not answer PMs