We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Liquid Caapi extract from Maya Options

ms_manic_minxx
#1 Posted : 6/27/2020 7:37:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been in my freezer for a few years. Can anyone refresh me?

You boil it a little bit to cook off the alcohol it was preserved in, right? Should I add some water while I boil it down? It's been ages.

Thanks. Love
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

corpus callosum
#2 Posted : 6/27/2020 8:42:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Good to see you back! Smile

The yellow caapi extract I had from that vendor required 15ml for full inhibition; the instructions advised adding the same volume of water and then simmering it so it bubbles gently for about 5 minutes. Its best to watch it closely and angle the pan (stainless steel) so it doesn't reduce to much or all get distributed over the pans' base. It tastes rather like an unusual coffee, and I found it to be very kind on the GI tract.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

ms_manic_minxx
#3 Posted : 6/27/2020 9:07:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to see you are still here! Smile

Thank you. I remembered something about simmering it. It's probably been 7-8 years since I've used an extract. (Why let someone else do the work for you, when you can smash a couple of kilos of vine by hand yourself? Laughing )

I have only had red extract once before, it was such a gentle, smooth, and beautiful experience. Hopefully I can invite the spirit to visit again. Love
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

coAsTal
#4 Posted : 6/27/2020 9:24:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can also just place the extract in your chosen mug on a coffee cup heater for awhile to evap out the alcohol.
Then you won't have to worry about the pain of transferring liquid from a pot into a cup and all--
Thumbs up

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 6/27/2020 10:08:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I loved those extracts. Especially the red vine extract. Hawaian, if i remember correctly.

I usually boiled it down and added a little water during the process whenever it started to get too thick, to prevent it from burning.

And corpus is right. It tasted great. Very unusual for ayahuasca brews to not have a bad taste.

But you are planning to take mimosa with it, wich i regret for you, will more than compensate for this. Yuck, the taste of that stuff Crying or very sad

coAsTal
#6 Posted : 6/27/2020 10:31:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you do an egg white tannin removal it isn't near as bad tasting

Jagube
#7 Posted : 6/28/2020 2:24:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
And corpus is right. It tasted great. Very unusual for ayahuasca brews to not have a bad taste.

I'd say all regular (i.e. cooked from fresh vine) brews taste good. They're sweet and viscous, like honey with cacao.

It's only when you cook from dried material that it tastes bad; bitter, and the consistency is watery. But most people who drink ayahuasca do so in group ceremonies, so they're only familiar with jungle brews, not home ones, and they don't know ayahuasca to taste bad. And when they do say it tastes bad, they "ain't seen nothing yet".