We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Brugmansia questions.... Options

Phangz
#1 Posted : 6/27/2020 7:23:04 AM

Seeking...

!!!DO NOT TAKE BRUGMANSIA LIGHTLY. EVEN SMALL AMOUNTS CAN LEAD TO OVERDOSES. BEST TO LEAVE ALONE!!!

Hey All,

I have driven pass this massive brugmansia plant for close to 20 years now. But the last few weeks, I've had a sudden urge to get closer to the plant. So i stopped by on the way home from shopping today and admired it for a while. It had way more than 100 white trumpets hanging downwards and some that were already dying had a tinge of light orange. It also had deep green leaves of different sizes - some as big as mature tobacco leaves. Also had the same texture and slight stickiness of tobacco. No much of a surprise considering they both belong to the night shade family.

I decided to take a couple of cuttings and grow them at home. Something I had wanted to do many times before but had never gotten around to actually do. I know they readily grow from cutting and are pretty easy to root. Very forgiving plants when it comes to propagating. You can just leave them in a bucket of water til the grow roots then pot them up. I was wondering if anyone could help with what species they are from the pics I've added.

I kept 4 flowers and 8 leaves which I am currently drying out for the heck of it.

I have spent almost the last 3 hours reading old posts about brugmansia. Most of which have clearly outlined the risks and dangers of taking it. Nearly all experiences have been bad trips but a very select few. Latest post I read were from 2011.....has there been any more recent experiences that anyone would like to add? Any insight would be beneficial to me and greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Phangz attached the following image(s):
trumpet1.jpg (169kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
trumpet2.jpg (129kb) downloaded 90 time(s).
trumpet3.jpg (171kb) downloaded 89 time(s).
There's never enough dirt but......the best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

thevoluntaryway
#2 Posted : 6/27/2020 2:35:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In the Amazon Brugmansia is known as Toe but not pronounced like those things on your feet, more like the 'to' of 'top' and the 'we' of 'wear', and it is sometimes added to Ayahuasca brews or, more properly, dieted in its own right by people that are seriously and earnestly following the traditional medicine path. I've heard of the petals being smoked but I don't know how much - probably with a lot more tobacco than petal. Anyway, you can see it mentioned on this webpage - https://www.nihuerao.com/index.php/medicine-plants

Cognitive Heart
#3 Posted : 6/27/2020 3:17:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having a sudden urge isn't a good way to go about the nature of these things. The deceitful beauty of this species is intoxicating. You'd be a fool to go ahead and try it on a sudden urge. Yes, much of the nightshade foliage looks similar to each other.

The brugmansia in these photos looks like Brugmansia arborea.

My recommendation for this kind of research is the book entitled: Huanduj - Brugmansia. Excellent source material for the plant's historical usage, medical use, how to grow, what to expect, etc. Probably hands down one of the most informative reads regarding the subject at hand.

Good luck!
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Phangz
#4 Posted : 6/28/2020 2:42:47 AM

Seeking...

My urge had nothing to do with ingesting the plant in anyway. Just wanted to see it up close, smell the flowers etc. Just the smell alone caused a slight dizziness.

Thanks for the info. Will look into that book you recommended.

There's never enough dirt but......the best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago.

GnosisOfAllogenes
#5 Posted : 7/8/2020 6:16:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed, what beautiful, powerful plants. I keep one just for looking. I've heard that the smell alone is enough to give intense dreams if the blooms are slept under (ref: Dale Pendell's books).

I have experience with smaaaall doses of Datura spp. smoked alone and using like 5-7 seeds as an admixture with Jurema/Harmala for nausea. That admixture did seem to elicit more "clarity" to the visions . . . which is somewhat strange as the solanaceous herbs typically don't present in anything like a "clear" manner on their own.

Well worth developing a botanical relationship with. Not for eating necessarily.

edit: or, you know, at all for eating.

Also, thanks for the book recommendation above... will be looking into that one. Haven't read enough literature on the subject