We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
No visuals, cannot breakthrough, tried several times Options

Transient.au
#1 Posted : 6/21/2020 6:22:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone, new user, long time reader.

Basically as the subject title says, I’m unable to receive any obvious fractal visuals (both open and closed eye), nor can I breakthrough. I have smoalked DMT 6 times, with each experience identical. The only difference between me smoalking it and not smoalking it, is that body load sensation, feeling of being altered, and some mild layering of transparent mandalas that I see on the ground. I don’t see anything wild that I’ve read about in people’s personal accounts.

The only thing I can put it down to is that I take anti-depressants (Pristiq, which is an SNRI). I believe this can mute the effects, but at the same time I know of others that take this identical drug and have had profound experiences.

Can anyone shed any light on why I’m not experiencing the full experience?

Thanks

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Handel
#2 Posted : 6/21/2020 7:01:21 AM

Little sheep lost in woods

Do you see dreams with normal visuals, or your dreams are blank? Maybe you have some degree of aphantasia? Maybe the DMT you got wasn't pure?

Transient.au
#3 Posted : 6/21/2020 7:47:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah my dreams are quite visual, sometimes the visual detail is astonishingly lifelike, hence how one finds it difficult to know whether they are dreaming or experiencing life whilst awake.

I’ve tried different sources and all have had the same result.

I’ve encountered a couple of other people in a very similar situation to myself, none of whom are able to “fix” their situation.

bismillah
#4 Posted : 6/21/2020 2:33:58 PM

My Personalized Tag

Sounds like you aren't getting enough in you. But if your technique and dose are good, then I guess you have to consider cutting out the SNRI. Everyone's chemistry is different; it might affect you differently than your peers.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Transient.au
#5 Posted : 6/21/2020 2:48:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I waa actually considering tapering off the SNRI and over to an MAOI such as Moclobemide which would perhaps be less of a hindrance to me experiencing the whole picture. If that fails then I guess DMT isn’t for me.

Apprentice_of_Life
#6 Posted : 6/22/2020 11:43:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with bismillah, sounds like you don't get enough delivered. What's your smoking tek? Did you extract your spice yourself? Do you find the smoke harsh and hard to hold on to? I know someone who is on SSRI and they get effects from DMT, I have the feeling they need more than other persons, but it should still work in principal.

sbios
#7 Posted : 6/24/2020 12:14:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's possible the antidepressents act more than just SSRI. There are probably multiple molecules affecting the brain and body biochemistry with underlying interactions. Of course this is just my guesses.

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 6/24/2020 2:30:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Antidepressants can dampen the effects of psychedelics. But i would want to urge you not to quit antidepressants overnight, only because you want to do DMT.

Generally it is advised to keep taking them for at least several months after the depression has gone, and to not quit them abrubtly, but to taper off. And to always consult the psychiatrist or doctor who prescribed them.