We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV56789NEXT»
The Quote Room Options

wade
#121 Posted : 6/18/2010 8:14:17 PM

wade

Quote:
True peace is always initiated personally as a felt experience.

"True peace is war" - Thelonious George

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Macre
#122 Posted : 6/30/2010 11:45:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Does no one understand that there is no ultimate truth, everything is infinite and drenched in paradox"
(Fractal Enchantment, in Hyperspace Chat, About 5 minutes ago)

Peace,

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

universecannon
#123 Posted : 7/1/2010 4:07:13 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

We must discover new frontiers... People have been standing for centuries before a worm-eaten door, making pinholes in it with increasing ease. The time has come to kick it down, for it is only on the other side that everything begins.—Raoul Vaneigem

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." - Redd Foxx

@Thelonious George
"war is not nice" - Barbara Bush Laughing

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

hyperspacing
#124 Posted : 7/1/2010 7:59:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"The only certainty in life is that nothing is certain"
-one of my many lsd conclusions

"NO! NO! I don't wanna be dead!"
-my friend yesterday when his ego dissolved

"Wether you believe you can or can't your right"
-henry ford
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Ginkgo
#125 Posted : 7/6/2010 5:56:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking, so that other people wont feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others!"
- Nelson Mandela

polytrip
#126 Posted : 7/6/2010 7:15:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Evening Glory wrote:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking, so that other people wont feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others!"
- Nelson Mandela

I'm surprised this quote hasn't popped-up before. It's one of my favorite's.

cellux
#127 Posted : 7/10/2010 11:39:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Adyashanti wrote:
The biggest fakers are easy to spot.. they're the ones who seem to have got it all together.

Adyashanti wrote:
...because.. who is it? who has got it all together? who is asking this? step back into the source.. before the question. there... u got it.

Virola78
#128 Posted : 7/10/2010 1:38:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Any idea upon which we can ride …; any idea that will carry us prosperously from any one part of our experience to any other part, linking things satisfactorily, working securely, saving labor; is true for just so much, true in so far forth, true instrumentally."
-William James

useful perspective?

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

cellux
#129 Posted : 7/23/2010 8:11:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

paniq wrote:
Something must have violated the second law of thermodynamics at the birth of the universe, or it would not exist. So it is possible.

paniq wrote:
More important than believing in the existence of god is hoping for the existence of Maxwell's demon. It's the dude who made the universe.

paniq wrote:
We marvel at the rugged biographies of elder artists like Ozzy Osbourne, yet we never hear of the sorrow his parents have endured.

paniq wrote:
I like love songs which are ambiguous enough to sound like a prayer - and the other way around.

I like this guy.

http://twitter.com/paniq

Mercury_Hg
#130 Posted : 8/1/2010 10:54:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Hunter S. Thompson" wrote:
[Insert entire Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas text here.]

Disclaimer: Everything I say is the truth.

Kazoo...
#131 Posted : 8/15/2010 8:44:54 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Don't forget to stop and smell the roses........Wink
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

proto-pax
#132 Posted : 8/15/2010 9:36:25 PM

bird-brain

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation.

Henry David Thoreau
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

universecannon
#133 Posted : 8/29/2010 8:41:15 PM

I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside.
- Rumi

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer, buy they think they have. So they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, to evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer. - Ken Kesey

3rdEyePryed
#134 Posted : 10/1/2010 6:14:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Conjoint creation and joy for all from its contemplation.
Conjoint creation and joy for all from its contemplation.

Shadowman-x
#135 Posted : 10/2/2010 6:18:11 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

powerful allies keep you in check.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

universecannon
#136 Posted : 10/2/2010 8:13:57 PM

In a vision of Jesus I correctly said to him 'We need medical attention' -PKD

universecannon
#137 Posted : 10/2/2010 8:17:34 PM

woops, double post

hmmm..a quote..

"is," "is." "is" — the idiocy of the word haunts me. If it were abolished, human thought might begin to make sense. I don't know what anything "is"- I only know how it seems to me at this moment. ~ Bob Wilson

clearlyone
#138 Posted : 10/2/2010 10:13:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

. . in love with my life, I tell you no more than everyone knows and is ashamed to live
by. Consciousness is all, the sun is born and ends in your skull: the struck match itself in your
skull is all. . . . be neither goat nor sheep, but lovers of the sun, which is no fool’s light. - William Gibson
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

clearlyone
#139 Posted : 10/2/2010 10:17:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why are you unhappy?
Because 99.9% of everything you think,
And everything you do,
Is for your self,
And there isn't one.
- Wei Wu Wei
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

cellux
#140 Posted : 10/14/2010 7:43:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DISCIPLINE WITHOUT EGO

Right morality or right discipline on the Buddhist path is based on egolessness. If there is no one to impose discipline and no one to impose discipline on, then there is no need for discipline in the ordinary sense at all! If there is a tree, there must be branches. However, if there is no tree, there are no such things as branches. Likewise, if there is no ego, a whole range of projections becomes unnecessary. Right discipline is that kind of giving up process. It brings us into complete simplicity.

/Chögyam Trungpa/

«PREV56789NEXT»