We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
The Quote Room Options

mattritt
#101 Posted : 5/4/2010 8:49:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a feeling it means stop trying to become something and actually be that something. Becoming means that you are not yet, being means that you are. It is only your mind holding you back from being.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#102 Posted : 5/4/2010 8:53:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattritt wrote:
I have a feeling it means stop trying to become something and actually be that something. Becoming means that you are not yet, being means that you are. It is only your mind holding you back from being.

Spot on! We are already all we want to be, if we just stop for a second and live in this exact moment. Your mind will always try to make you live in the thoughts of how you were in the past or how you should be in the future, but if you allow yourself to live in this exact moment, you will find that you already are all you want to be and that you have found enlightenment.

jbark
#103 Posted : 5/4/2010 9:57:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mattrit wrote:

Quote:
It is only your mind holding you back from being.

Not to be facetious, but:
So you're not there yet. so you have to become. there is a "path" people like to say. following a path is becoming. not mere semantics.

Anyway, my problem. Everyone else seems to understand it...Very happy

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Ginkgo
#104 Posted : 5/6/2010 2:27:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is perhaps my favorite quote of all time, signed Benjamin Franklin:
-Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

By the way, I moved this topic from General Discussions about DMT to the Hyperspace Tavern.

rumplestiltskin
#105 Posted : 5/6/2010 5:39:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly and knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.
--Theodore Roosevelt

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression.
In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged,
and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight,
lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.
-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw
Good morning.... good afternoon.... goodnight,
what have you done with your life?
Everybody's time come to be embraced by the light,
you're only scared to die when you're not living right.

corpus callosum
#106 Posted : 5/6/2010 6:49:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

I cannot recall who exactly said this but it sums up Western politics most succinctly:

'The palace stays the same, only the guards ever change'.

Quite apt for the UK who are having their general election today.......
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

RaveN-ous
#107 Posted : 5/7/2010 5:47:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

we are the music makers....and we are the dreamers of dreams...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. - Bill Watterson

Infundibulum
#108 Posted : 5/7/2010 7:10:41 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks"

(from the movie Home for the Holidays)

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Virola78
#109 Posted : 5/7/2010 10:29:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd."
-Betrand Russel

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

narmz
#110 Posted : 5/7/2010 4:04:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, they're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth." - The movie Jacob's Ladder, summarizing Meister Echkarts view on hell. This quote made me wanna see this movie, and read about Eckhart.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

corpus callosum
#111 Posted : 5/8/2010 9:01:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

Heres a few random funny/sarcastic/nihilistic quotes for your entertainment:

"Rehab is for quitters";

"Heroin-its what your left arms for";

"What doesnt kill you makes you stronger-apart from polio";

"(S)he is a thoroughly balanced individual-theyve got a big chip on both shoulders";

"(S)he has alot of class-unfortunately its all low";

"Theres nothing wrong with him/her that a couple of rounds from a Kalashnikov wouldnt fix";

"The patient has been referred to God for further management;

"in his/her particular field he/she has no equals-many superiors but no equals".
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

Virola78
#112 Posted : 5/8/2010 10:38:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

corpus callosum wrote:
Heres a few random funny/sarcastic/nihilistic quotes for your entertainment:

"Rehab is for quitters";

"Heroin-its what your left arms for";

"What doesnt kill you makes you stronger-apart from polio";

"(S)he is a thoroughly balanced individual-theyve got a big chip on both shoulders";

"(S)he has alot of class-unfortunately its all low";

"Theres nothing wrong with him/her that a couple of rounds from a Kalashnikov wouldnt fix";

"The patient has been referred to God for further management;

"in his/her particular field he/she has no equals-many superiors but no equals".

LOL
where is the salt?
“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

mattritt
#113 Posted : 5/8/2010 11:24:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love that quote from Jacob's Ladder narmz. So true. Thats basically what I believe.
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

vovin
#114 Posted : 5/16/2010 9:32:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

These are the words I live by:
In all things we must ask ourselves 'to what end' Only then may we see the true motives of our actions.
The Temple of Thelema
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Kazoo...
#115 Posted : 5/21/2010 8:17:06 PM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

I can hear the sizzle of newborn stars, and know anything of meaning, of the fierce magic emerging here. I an witness to flexible eternity, the evolving past, and I know we will live forever, as dust or breath in the face of stars, in the shifting pattern of winds...

-- Joy Harjo
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

antrocles
#116 Posted : 5/27/2010 5:02:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

True peace is always initiated personally as a felt experience.

Those who sincerely seek an awareness of what peace is receive it's blessings in waves

and this feeling of peacefulness grows exponentially througout the body like a rising tide.

However, to receive a felt-awareness of peacefulness, we are required to consciously choose peace over and above our desire to be right,

to understand,

to win,

to be successful,

to have what we want,

to be acknowledged,

to be in control,

and even to be safe.

-unknown
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Rgeular Dudess
#117 Posted : 5/27/2010 12:02:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Macre
#118 Posted : 6/3/2010 6:40:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"I've done so much, with so little, for so long. That now, I can do anything, with nothing"

"There's more to the truth than just the facts"

"... this is a relationship you're starting. show up with flowers. hold hands and kiss the first couple times....no need to bust out a brand new econo-pack of trojans on the first date."
(Antrocles, on breakthrough dosage)

"Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day"

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"

"The mouth is the escape hatch of the personality"

"Who wants to see some unicorn magic?"
(Kazoo..., in Hyperspace Chat, during the most epic tale ever told)

All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

amor_fati
#119 Posted : 6/12/2010 10:52:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Refer to Kaufmann or Hollingdale's editions for a more accurate translation:
Quote:
Quidquid luce fuit, tenebris agit [What goes on in the light, acts in the darkness], but the other way around as well. What we experience in a dream, provided we experience it frequently, finally is as much a part of the collective household of our souls as anything “truly” experienced. Thanks to this, we are richer or poorer, have one more need or one less, and finally in the bright light of day and even in the happiest moments of our waking spirit we are ordered around a little by the habits of our dreams. Suppose that an individual in his dreams has often flown and, finally, as soon as he dreams, becomes aware of the power and art of flying as his privilege and also as his own enviable happiness; such a man who believes he is capable of realizing every kind of curving or angled flight with the easiest impulse, who knows the feeling of a certain godlike carelessness, an “upward” without tension and compulsion, a “downward” without condescension and without humiliation—without gravity!—how should a man with such dream experiences and dream habits not also finally discover in his waking day that the word “happiness” has a different colour and definition! How could he not want a different happiness? “A swing upward,” as described by poets, for him must be, in comparison with that “flying,” too earthbound, too muscular, too forceful, even too “heavy.”

-FW Nietzsche, "Beyond Good and Evil" http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/n...b/complete.html#chapter5

antrocles
#120 Posted : 6/18/2010 8:03:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or when the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worth cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

«PREV45678NEXT»