We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
The Quote Room Options

Space
#81 Posted : 4/10/2010 1:54:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Don't let the emptiness of the dark, convince you that there is no light.."

Space

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

universecannon
#82 Posted : 4/10/2010 4:41:10 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

What is it to be admitted to a museum, to see a myriad of particular things, compared with being shown some star's surface, some hard matter in its home! I stand in awe of my body, this matter to which I am bound has become so strange to me. I fear not spirits, ghosts, of which I am one, — that my body might, — but I fear bodies, I tremble to meet them. What is this Titan that has possession of me? Talk of mysteries! — Think of our life in nature, — daily to be shown matter, to come in contact with it, — rocks, trees, wind on our cheeks! The solid earth! the actual world! the common sense! Contact! Contact! Who are we? where are we?
Thoreau - Ktaadn

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Kazoo...
#83 Posted : 4/15/2010 8:25:52 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

"If you gaze long into an abyss the abyss will gaze back into you."

-Nietzsche

"Where the telescope ends, the microscope begins.
Which of the two has the grander view?"

-Victor Hugo
Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

jbark
#84 Posted : 4/15/2010 2:46:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Most times you see the wall ; Sometimes you lean against it, on other occasions it smashes into you, and if you’re very lucky, a few times in a lifetime, you are permitted to fall into it.

The world is a mirror of you, as you are unto the world.

We are points on a map. Look closer ; you are the map.

We are light ; Solid, assembled and condensed.

Where it’s dark you can see through to the texture below ;
Where it’s light, it reflects what’s above ;
Darkness permits penetration,
but light is a glimpse at the mirror

(some guy named JBArk)
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Kazoo...
#85 Posted : 4/18/2010 6:24:31 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

"One of the greatest accomplishments in life is to blur the line between work and play"

"I could see that the really good things in life will happen if you just show up and share your natural enthusiasms with people."

Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water,
after Enlightenment, chop wood carry water.Wink

"One mans pebble is another mans pearl"

Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see....

Aegle
#86 Posted : 4/18/2010 10:07:50 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Kazoo

Such lovely quotes...

Much Peace and Rainbows
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Fernape
#87 Posted : 4/19/2010 4:38:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"Fuck being the change you want to see in the world. Be the trouble you want to see in the world."

"I'd rather die terrified than live forever."

"Judge all you want. We're all going to die. I intend to deserve it."

"A life should have secret plans."

"When I play doctor, I play to win."

"If at first you don't succeed... Run."

-Joey Comeau
Author & Artist

Bancopuma
#88 Posted : 4/19/2010 1:37:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Don't talk about it. Do it."

-Ken Kesey

3rdEyePryed
#89 Posted : 4/19/2010 3:08:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"the ones who know do not speak, but the ones who speak do not know."
Conjoint creation and joy for all from its contemplation.

Ginkgo
#90 Posted : 4/27/2010 12:36:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
- Patrick Overton

antrocles
#91 Posted : 4/27/2010 4:01:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EG...i really like that one brother....

"not to draw lines is not to discriminate. the ability to discriminate is the key to perception. are we then taking leave of our senses? maybe. but then, maybe we are learning to simply draw lines with disappearing ink.."

Paul Williams- Das Energi
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

jamie
#92 Posted : 4/27/2010 4:50:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"nothing lasts"...
Long live the unwoke.

mattritt
#93 Posted : 4/27/2010 4:52:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"...But nothing is lost."
Step forward into your cave. That's right. You're going deeper into your cave. And you're going to find, your power animal...

Imagine your pain as a white ball of healing light. It moves over your body, healing you. Now keep this going, remember to breathe, and step forward through the backdoor of the room. Where does it lead?

jamie
#94 Posted : 4/27/2010 5:29:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"all the faces I used to know, theyr an illusion to me know..some are mathmaticians, some are carpenters wives, dont know how it all got started..dont know what they do with their lives"

"Cinderella she seems so easy, it takes one to know one she smiles..and puts her hands in her back pockets, Betty Davis style"

"you must leave now take what you need, what you think will last..but whatever you wish to keep you better grab it fast, yonder stands your orphan with his gun, crying like a fire in the sun..look out, the saints go marching through..and its all over now baby blue..the highway is for gamblers, better use your sense..take what you have gathered from coincidence..the empty handed painter from your streets, is drawing crazy patterns on your sheets..the sky too is folding over you, and its all over now, baby blue"

"the lover who has just walked out your door, has taken all the blankets from the floor..the carpet too is moving under you, and its all over now baby blue"

-Bob Dylan
Long live the unwoke.

Aegle
#95 Posted : 4/27/2010 11:31:21 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Evening Glory wrote:
"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
- Patrick Overton

Evening Glory

Such a beautiful quote...

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

antrocles
#96 Posted : 5/4/2010 4:18:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Whatever you can do or dream of doing, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."

-Goethe
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Ginkgo
#97 Posted : 5/4/2010 4:25:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"All the Buddhas of all the ages have been telling you a very simple fact: Be - don't try to become. Within these two words, be and becoming, your whole life is contained. Being is enlightenment, becoming is ignorance."
- Osho

"A good traveler has no fixed plan, and is not intent on arriving."
- Lao Tzu

jbark
#98 Posted : 5/4/2010 4:48:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

posted by original face in another quotes thread:

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice, however, there is."

love it to death.

In theory of course.Shocked

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Aegle
#99 Posted : 5/4/2010 7:39:51 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Evening Glory wrote:
"All the Buddhas of all the ages have been telling you a very simple fact: Be - don't try to become. Within these two words, be and becoming, your whole life is contained. Being is enlightenment, becoming is ignorance."
- Osho

Evening Glory

I really love this, I try to live my life with this philosophy in mind...

Much Peace and Compassion

jbark
#100 Posted : 5/4/2010 7:49:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Never got this. Sounds like advocacy for apathy. I am all about learning, evolving improving and becoming. If this flies in the face of Osho and his idea of buddhas, so be it.

Besides, at the risk of evoking the wrathful, I already AM. From there is beginning.

here's another little self quote (at the risk of seeming egotistical):

As we think we are thought;
What’s out there is what’s in here.

«PREV34567NEXT»