We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1415161718NEXT»
The Quote Room Options

Cognitive Heart
#301 Posted : 6/1/2014 12:25:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"It is not what you look at that matters. It is what you see." - Henry David Thoreau
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Cognitive Heart
#302 Posted : 8/1/2014 3:13:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Well, as I've said on this subject if you think I'm a guru you haven't taken enough psilocybin (laughs). And I don't know what to tell people like that. 'Take more! You're not figuring it out!' What makes the whole psychedelic thing so exciting to me is that it's for ordinary people. I am an ordinary person. It's not false humility, it's true. And so if it's for ordinary people then there's nothing to be learned from some advanced personality — assuming such a thing exists. And, what's so wonderful about psychedelics is their effectiveness and how democratic they are. That's what I would like people to get on to. In fact, a lot of people do. A lot of people pass through the thinking I'm a guru and take enough trips to understand that no, I was just a witness. I was just a witness." ~ Terence McKenna

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

thymamai
#303 Posted : 8/2/2014 6:18:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

❝ Death or pleasure, flood or vomit,
autumn like the fall of the days,
volcano or sex,
puff of wind, summer that sets fire to the harvests,
stars or teeth,
petrified hair of fear,
red foam of desire, slaughter on the high seas,
blue rocks of delirium,
forms, images, bubbles, the hunger to be,
momentary eternities,
excesses: your measure of man.
Dare to do it:
be the bow and the arrow, the string and the “ay!”
Dream is explosive. Explode. Be a sun again. ❞

Octavio Paz

dreamer042
#304 Posted : 8/4/2014 10:28:27 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Quote:
11:26:37 ‹Mustelid›Shakespeare said, "Discression is the better part of valor."
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Cosmic Spore
#305 Posted : 8/8/2014 3:51:37 AM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

“Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't after you” - Joseph Heller

"Gather yourselves men, we are our own reinforcements" - Unknown Native American

Ouroboros777
#306 Posted : 8/8/2014 10:13:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"There is a time and place to place your time the place is timeless space divine"

"If you were me you would be you and I would be me"

"As I once was, I always will be, and that which I am is all you will see"

"Upgrade your past by seeing it with appreciation" - Alan Cohen

"The task of the sorcerers was to face infinity, and they plunged into it daily, as a fisherman plunges into the sea" - Carlos Castaneda

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" - Wayne Dyer

"Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny - he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally - you are here meaningfully. There is purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you" - Osho

"The pleasure of existence itself matures as one ascends the scale of consciousness" - David R. Hawkins

"The Shift is about to hit the fan" - I AM movie

"Awakening is possible only for those who seek it and want it, for those who are ready to struggle with themselves and work on themselves for a very long time and very persistently in order to attain it" - G.I. Gurdjieff

"To speak the truth is the most difficult thing in the world; one must study a great deal and for a long time in order to speak the truth. The wish alone is not enough. To speak the truth one must know what the truth is and a lie is, and first of all in oneself. And this nobody wants to know" - G.I. Gurdjieff
What is language?

Cosmic Spore
#307 Posted : 8/9/2014 4:37:31 PM

☠ ⚡ ☣ ⚠ ☢

"There's a war goin' on for your mind; Those who seek to occupy it will stop at nothing.
The battlefield is everywhere; There is no sanctuary, there are no civilians; You have two choices, surrender or enlist"
- Flobots - Fight With Tools.

"These are the stakes: we must either love each other, or we must die." - Lyndon Johnson

"We're at war with the most dangerous enemy that has ever faced mankind in his long climb from the swamp to the stars; there's nowhere to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." - Ronald Reagan

Cognitive Heart
#308 Posted : 8/11/2014 1:06:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind." - Khalil Gibran

darklordsson
#309 Posted : 8/11/2014 1:12:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I love that one Cognitive Heart! Its a good one,

Here's one of mine that I came up with a couple days ago

darklordsson wrote:
"Conciseness is in the third eye of the beholder"

Namaste: "I see the divine within you"

Ouroboros777
#310 Posted : 8/12/2014 1:28:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tesla (and Freud) fans will appreciate this one that was thought into my head this morning:

When a person tries to steal your work, plagiarize, act subversively, become jealous and basically try to screw you over for their own self interests to selfishly get ahead... you can say they have "an Edison complex"
What is language?

Cognitive Heart
#311 Posted : 8/16/2014 10:12:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"The goal is, then, having attained that balance, that wisdom, that connection, to then rise up to a level of universal meaning; in other words, to break through the machinery of cultural conditioning, in the same way that the shaman does, and to attempt to discover something authentic—something authentic outside the self-generated language cloud. And to my mind, what this authentic thing is, is—it’s hard to know how to put it, but—it’s the animate quality that resides within the psychedelic experience—that the universal mind is alive, is sentient, is perceiving, is there to meet you when you come through from the other side.

So were not talking about psychedelics as a spotlight to be turned on to reveal the detritus of our own personal unconscious. It is not a spotlight. It is not shining from behind you; it is shining ahead of you. It is actually that the same organizational principles which called us forth into self-reflection has called forth self-reflection out of the planet itself. And the problem then is for us to suspect this, act on our suspicion, and be good detectives and track down the spirit in its lair. And this is what shamans are doing. They are hunters of spirit." - Terence Mckenna

Adjhart
#312 Posted : 8/17/2014 2:52:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Inner Paths to Outer Space, by Strassman, Wojtowicz, Luna, and Frecska. (p.166) wrote:

Christianity: "The kingdom of heaven is within (or among) you" (from the words of Jesus).

Islam: "Those who know themselves know their Lord."

Judaism: "He is in all, and all is in Him."

Confucianism: "Those who know their own nature, know heaven."

Taoism: "In the depths of the soul, one sees the Divine, the One."

Buddhism: "Look within, you are the Buddha."

Hinduism: "Atman [individual consciousness] and Brahman [universal consciousness] are one."

Ouroboros777
#313 Posted : 9/6/2014 6:34:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Follow the path, not the footsteps
What is language?

Ouroboros777
#314 Posted : 9/25/2014 5:38:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned" - attributed to Richard Feynman
What is language?

adam
#315 Posted : 10/17/2014 6:15:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"The Earth ... is not a dead body but is inhabited by a spirit that is its life and soul. All created things, minerals included, draw their strength from the earth spirit. This spirit is life, it is nourished by the stars, it gives nourishment to all living things it shelters in its womb

and:
The sun, by its millions of revolutions, spins the gold into the earth, Little by little the Sun has imprinted its image on the earth, and that image is gold. The sun is the image of God. The heart is the sun's image in man, just as gold is the Sun's image in the earth..."

Carl Jung, Collected works

dreamer042
#316 Posted : 11/15/2014 9:15:27 PM

Dreamoar

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

dreamer042
#317 Posted : 11/16/2014 12:26:09 AM

Dreamoar

zhoro
#318 Posted : 11/16/2014 12:33:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"My form appeared like a dream to sentient beings who are like a dream. I taught them dreamlike teaching to attain dreamlike enlightenment."

The Buddha
Here it is - right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it. ~ Huang-po

zhoro
#319 Posted : 11/16/2014 1:28:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

CONVERSATIONS WITH ANNAMALAI SWAMI

WHAT IS REAL HELP?

Q: Isn't it selfish to sit around being blissful when there is so much misery in the world? Shouldn't we help the man who is dying in the road? I mean, obviously, we should help him. You cannot just pretend that the world is not there. In a way it’s very real.

Annamalai Swami: It is not the duty of spiritual aspirants to look at the world and to change the situations in the world. The world is nothing but a big game of maya. If you get entangled in the activities of the world you will find yourself trapped in maya, unable to see yourself and the world as it really is. The world is always changing.

Sometimes conditions for some people are favorable. At other times they are not good. There is so much chaos in the world because it is always in a state of flux. But the witness of this changing world—that is, you yourself—is always at peace, never disturbed. Go to that state of witnessing and be peaceful there. We can really do nothing about this world.

Q: Why is it so necessary to ignore people who so obviously need help of some kind?
AS: If one becomes stabilized in the Self, humanity is automatically benefited. A person who is stabilized in the Self will not be indifferent to the problems of the world. If problems arise, such a person will act spontaneously and provide the correct solution to each problem.

You are holding onto many beliefs: 'I am a separate human being; the world is separate from me; other people are separate from me; I am an aspirant doing meditation to attain the Self; other people in the world are suffering.'

All these concepts are wrong. There is no duality and no separateness. In fact there is no misery or suffering outside your own mind because the whole world is nothing but a projection of your own mind. Your own suffering and the suffering you see around you can be erased easily if you give up all the wrong ideas you have about yourself.

All suffering begins with the notion of duality. As long as this duality-consciousness is strongly fixed in the mind one cannot give any real help to other people. If one realizes one's non-dual nature and becomes peaceful within, one becomes a fit instrument to help others.

When one has stabilized in the Self, the inner peace which one experiences at all times flows out to all people. This natural radiation heals and uplifts humanity far more than any amount of physical activity.

The jnani is just like the sun. The sun radiates light and warmth continuously and indiscriminately. The jnani effortlessly radiates his own nature—his love, his peace, his joy—to the whole universe.

Even though the sun is always present, to receive its rays we have to turn towards it. Similarly, if we want spiritual light, we should turn towards a realized being. If one makes a conscious effort to stay in the light of a jnani, the darkness of spiritual ignorance automatically vanishes.
Here it is - right now. Start thinking about it and you miss it. ~ Huang-po

Cognitive Heart
#320 Posted : 11/25/2014 4:42:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds." - Mexican Proverb

«PREV1415161718NEXT»