We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychoactive Acacia Annotated Bibliography Options

LiamEngel
#1 Posted : 6/16/2020 1:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I’ve done some work with different groups using working annotated bibliographies and have found them useful for helping formal and underground researchers work together. I have a personal interest in psychoactive Acacia and I thought producing such a document concerning this topic would be a fun experiment. Unfortunately it hasn’t proved as popular as I hoped, but maybe some of you Nexus folks would be interested in checking it out.

The project is a working, annotated bibliography on psychoactive Acacia. Basically, the aim is to document and compile relevant evidence that could be useful for future research and the ethnobotanical community.

This is the working document:
https://docs.google.com/...I1okVN8/edit?usp=sharing

What is an annotated bibliography?
An annotated bibliography takes a similar form to a reference list, but includes extra information. Alongside a list of sources, an annotated bibliography provides brief text descriptions of each source. The descriptive text should aim to summarise the content of each source and reflect on its relationship to the topic of the annotated bibliography.

What is the topic?
The topic of this annotated bibliography is psychoactive Acacia. This includes, but is not limited to Acacia acuminata, Acacia maidenii, Acacia obtusfolia, etc. Sources do not need to discuss Acacia psychoactivity specifically.

What is our aim?
To compile a working, comprehensive list of evidence pertaining to psychoactive Acacia capable of contributing to future research. Such research may concern ecology, harm reduction, economics, politics and other contexts.

What should you do?
In the first table below:
· Provide your name or alias.
· Identify the Acacia sp. addressed by the source.
· Provide a full reference for each source according to APA referencing style.
· Provide a link to the source, where possible.
· Provide a concise summary of the content of the source. What was the source about?
· Provide a brief reflective commentary on the source. How is the source relevant to the topic of psychoactive Acacia? How many citations has the source received? Do you consider the source to be of good quality? Why/why not?
· Place your annotation row in alphabetical order (A-Z) of the first author’s surname.

Sound like too much hard work?
That’s okay! You can still contribute by suggesting sources to review. At the bottom of this document there is an additional table listing sources you would like to see annotated but don’t have time to annotate yourself. At a minimum, please include a link in this table. Ideally, you will provide a reference in APA format, too.

If you have any questions, would like to contribute, or need help accessing a source, please get in touch.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

null24
#2 Posted : 6/16/2020 5:48:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:
Unfortunately it hasn’t proved as popular as I hoped, but maybe some of you Nexus folks would be interested in checking it out.

There seems to be a resurgence of interest in acacias. It can be a challenge to work with, and I've been surprised at the lack of information on it. I think this would be a great project, and if it ever got bound into an actual book, I'd love to own a copy.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*