We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Micro/Macro dosing DMT for anxiety/depression Options

Daytripper63
#1 Posted : 6/14/2020 6:31:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has done some reading and most of the information found is mushrooms or LSD micro dosing. This thread specifically on this forum has some direct information for DMT but still mostly refers to mushrooms and lsd. Looking for more personal experiences specifically with DMT.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=71858&p=2

SWIM has used mushrooms before for this with great success. However accessing mushrooms or growing them is not so easy. DMT extraction has been successful and initial low doses have a positive result for SWIM for days afterward.

Some questions are:

Do people regularly microdose or even a small psycho active dose not looking for breakthrough as a means to help with depression and anxiety and what has your experience been?

Do people find Micro/Macro or full breakthrough dose of DMT most effective in treatment of anxiety/depression?

What methods are people using to administer micro doses? For example in the linked thread someone is using 100mg in their vape juice. They believe about 2.5mg of DMT per hit. Interesting but may not be practical for SWIM.

What are some of the challenges to micro dosing DMT?

What role can harmalas play in micro dosing?

Any information is appreciated and will be put to use as SWIM finds it helpful.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Eaglepath
#2 Posted : 6/14/2020 6:45:38 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

I think its best that you go on and exploration journey testing different things out.. One month microdosing and one month macro.

IMO the microdosing just stresses the mind and the body changing states frequently up and down, while the macro more occasionaly have a more lasting smooth change of the whole being..
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Eaglepath
#3 Posted : 6/14/2020 6:47:41 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Micro: stimulates the ego. (good if you are in use of it wanting to be king of the material world)

Macro: Kills the ego and create more distance to it on a daily basis making "you" more in control.
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

Ancient Mariner
#4 Posted : 6/21/2020 9:20:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know anyone personally who micro doses dmt but surely there are those who do. Personally, I tend to take subbreakthrough doses (between faint buzzing/dolphin noises to a complete compromise of open-eye visual field). And I do this in patches: roughly 10 times throughout a week, usually at night, then stop for about a month and repeat. This has been tremendously helpful in shifting my perspective on life, which I believe in turn, has helped resolve chemical imbalances related to depression. Social anxiety is still there but I think one powerful healing trip could do wonders for that when I'm ready.

There seems to be so many variables that influence a persons health. My troubles with mental health were very individualized and so was the healing. I like what Eaglepath said about testing things out for oneself.

I think full breakthrough doses cause more profound results, but I've also found light doses to be effective for short periods of time.

The methods of microdosing dmt are also the challenges. I find it difficult to dose an exact figure.

Can't say anything about harmalas because I never tried it. I just messed up my first caapi vine extract but will have another go at it today and know more in a couple weeks.

Daytripper63
#5 Posted : 6/22/2020 6:09:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ancient Mariner wrote:
I don't know anyone personally who micro doses dmt but surely there are those who do. Personally, I tend to take subbreakthrough doses (between faint buzzing/dolphin noises to a complete compromise of open-eye visual field). And I do this in patches: roughly 10 times throughout a week, usually at night, then stop for about a month and repeat. This has been tremendously helpful in shifting my perspective on life, which I believe in turn, has helped resolve chemical imbalances related to depression. Social anxiety is still there but I think one powerful healing trip could do wonders for that when I'm ready.

Ya so that is where I started... trying to find what a Microdose would be. I am having a similar experience to yours with sub break through doses, but I have only been able to play with a few doses over the last week or so.

I started with 20 and did a 30 and a 40 mg dose. Using a dry weed vape with an oil cartridge. 20 was pretty light and mostly had that anxious coming up feeling and a short peak where everything was calmer with only closed eye visuals. For a couple days after I felt that emotions were more regulated and yes social anxiety still remains but even that seems to have its edges reduced. The 30mg dose was very nice. Less of that anxious feeling, peak came quicker and was left with a very warm happy feeling and even some open eye visuals. Same result for days after but even more so. Was very eager to try the 40mg dose. It was the last I had made. The first hit of the 40mg was really good and I was feeling good and excited, then something went bad. The second hit I feel a nasty taste and what seem like droplets that weren't vaporized and there was thick vapor. This was very different and I stopped. So I didn't get to 40mg. I expect there must have been some contamination. So back to extraction in the next couple days.

So ya I'm playing with what works at sub breakthrough doses. I do have some fear when using it. Not wanting it to take me to far when I'm not ready so exploring dosage and smoking method is helping to get me used to the overall experience as well.

I like your idea of a period consuming on a daily basis for a while then stopping for a while and seeing what the effect is.

sbios
#6 Posted : 6/24/2020 3:40:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It just happens I have been trying out a portable herbal vaporizer with changa mix. I feel this is a better option compare to use juice vape for couple reasons. The herbal vaporizer you don't need to worry about leaking and the details with the mixing ratio as once you had changa done, the ratio is fixed. 2nd, the herbal vaporizer I find give quite smooth and in small dose that I can continue take small tokes until I feel content. You can pickup where you left next time with any remaining changa mix still in the device.

With this method I was able to achieve body buzz sensations and sub breakthrough. I have not been using this regularly for micro-dosing though I can see it's an option you can consider.

Daytripper63
#7 Posted : 6/24/2020 6:20:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sbios wrote:
It just happens I have been trying out a portable herbal vaporizer with changa mix. I feel this is a better option compare to use juice vape for couple reasons. The herbal vaporizer you don't need to worry about leaking and the details with the mixing ratio as once you had changa done, the ratio is fixed. 2nd, the herbal vaporizer I find give quite smooth and in small dose that I can continue take small tokes until I feel content. You can pickup where you left next time with any remaining changa mix still in the device.

With this method I was able to achieve body buzz sensations and sub breakthrough. I have not been using this regularly for micro-dosing though I can see it's an option you can consider.

I am using the boundless CFX with the oil cartridge. There is some cotton for it to drip into. I ordered some caapi leaf and was going to use that instead of the cotton. I also want to make my own changa. It does seem that with this vape I can control and stay within that sub BT experience. Also this has helped with my anxiety of having a BT experience.

sbios
#8 Posted : 6/25/2020 11:43:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I feel less preflight apprehension after using this herb vapo to familiarize with the buzzing transition. Not sure if you mean having anxiety of having actually BT... that's like, the best part, imo.

bismillah
#9 Posted : 6/25/2020 2:41:59 PM

My Personalized Tag

When I feel really down in the dumps, I'll occasionally take a just barely perceptible dose. Can't give you a mg—just enough for textures to breathe a tiiiny amount. I find it helps me to pick myself up by my bootstraps and get mydelf back in order. Usually I smoke in front of a mirror so I can stare myself down. It works amazingly well.

Consistently, though? No. This is on rare occasion.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.