We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
MHRB tea precipitation discussion and research Options

downwardsfromzero
#21 Posted : 12/18/2023 1:32:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Connor137 wrote:
Update

I extracted about 100g of Phalaris grass Aquatica AQ1, and reduced the resultant liquid. This was then heavily based using an excess of sodium hydroxide.

I left the solution with the hope I could get some crystal formation on the surface, aiming to replicate the 'Water-Tek'.

What I have discovered, after forgetting about the jar for about 1 year(!) is that a substance as formed on the surface of the liquid.

Does anyone have any ideas if this will be the alkaloids? It appears to be some type of liquid and not crystal structures.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Nice! I broadly approve of slow chemistry Laughing
The bit that's in focus looks to me like platelike crystals which could conceivably be DMT. Have a look with a magnifying glass - maybe you can gently fish the cluster out with tweezers or a spatula/teaspoon?

Leaving sodium hydroxide for long periods will lead to the formation of sodium bicarbonate, so there's also a possibility of the crystals being that. Fortunately it's simple to distinguish between these two.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Connor137
#22 Posted : 12/18/2023 2:48:03 PM

💜

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Nice! I broadly approve of slow chemistry Laughing
The bit that's in focus looks to me like platelike crystals which could conceivably be DMT. Have a look with a magnifying glass - maybe you can gently fish the cluster out with tweezers or a spatula/teaspoon?

Leaving sodium hydroxide for long periods will lead to the formation of sodium bicarbonate, so there's also a possibility of the crystals being that. Fortunately it's simple to distinguish between these two.

If it works it will have to be named - "The very patient water-tek" Smile

Thank you for your considerations.

There was a faint whiff of DMT when opening the jar for the first time, which was promising.

Ok, so I'll next plan to remove these clumps/clusters out and take a closer look. Any pointers on how best to proceed once I manage to get them out will be appreciated. I'll share any further observations as I believe I have some type of magnifying glass somewhere as part of a soldering kit.
Reality is a simulation, what lies beyond is too complex to fully comprehend.

downwardsfromzero
#23 Posted : 12/19/2023 1:00:59 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thinking back, another thing that floats to the surface over time - at least, after naphtha pulls - is some kind of soapy stuff which bears a superficial resemblance to DMT but doesn't dissolve in naphtha. And this 'superficial resemblance' is part of what makes photos of crystals on the internet a less than reliable means of analysis Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12