CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Alchemy conversion of LSH & LSA in morning glory to 1-acetaldehyde LSH & LSA, page 3 post 41 Options

tregar
#1 Posted : 6/5/2020 4:43:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have been reading through the many great threads in this subsection here at Nexus for years. This is my first post in this LSA/LSH subforum as have something new to contribute to the discussions, even though have been a member/reader/poster here for over 10 years. Used to read & post on morning glory seed dreams way back at the Lycaeum forum in the early 2000's.

I grow and dream fresh seeds right off the morning glory vines in the Fall. I grow a dozen plants year after year, collect the dried seeds from the pods, vacuum pack them and freeze them. Fresh seeds off the vine or direct from the grower have been shown to contain 3x as much natural LSH in them as compared to seeds in retail stores that have been sitting for a while...I give a study below for this. By freezing the seeds, they keep their natural high potency for years.

This paper is the result of my several potent experiences & studies collected, thanks for reading. And please tell me about your own experiences with the fresh seeds.

2016 morning glory study pic attached (last photo). This new Polish study is a breakthrough in our knowledge about the seeds. Identification of six ergot alkaloids and determination of ergine and ergometrine in Morning glory seeds using the ultrasound-assisted extraction followed the LC-MS analysis. LSH is shown in purple to the right of LSA (ergine). Spectrogram & table show it within the seeds at levels comparable to LSA. Penniclavine is the tall peak in the middle shown in brown.

The researchers noted high relative abundance of penniclavine as an interesting observation. Penniclavine has excitory effects on the central nervous system (Yui & Takeo, 1958a) as well as lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide (LSH) which also excites the central nervous system in animals & caused dilation of pupils (Glasser, 1961).

Chemist Peter Webster:
Quote:
Some researchers believe that perhaps all the content of MG seeds exists as the d-hydroxyethylamide, and it is the extraction/purification/testing procedures which then produce the APPARENT result that the alkaloids are ergine, isoergine, and maybe still some hydroxyethylamide.
I would like to think that acetaldehyde adducts are indeed theoretically forming with the high amounts of ergine & limited amounts of ergometrine alkaloids in the seeds, just as Peter Webster claims that "LSH is a labile adduct of LSA and acetaldehyde." Perhaps then most of the content in the seeds is indeed forming as the d-hydroxyethylamide. This would explain the high potency & stimulation (lack of sedation) of the d-hydroxyethylamide equilibrium stabilizing recipe when consumed in dreams.

Table of contents:

1) What is LSH (Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide) and what does Albert Hofmann and the animal experiments by Dr. Glasser tell us about it?

2) Theory of energetic equilibrium reached to favor stabilization of the unstable or labile LSH from the seeds.

3) Mint was the other ingredient used in the Sacred brew at Eleusis for over 2000 years used to serve thousands of people, believed by many to be a cold water extract of ergot which would leave the toxic non-water soluble ergopeptines behind. Another option was Claviceps paspali infected wild grass Paspalum distichum L, which has been known to grow in the famous Rarian plain adjacent to Eleusis. It contains identical alkaloids as found in the Mexican morning-glory seeds.

4) The procedure for making a high potency LSH stable extraction in dreams. Details of the updated highest potency LSH stable dream recipe given in post #22.

5) Notes comparing human use of LAE-32 (believed to be similar to LSH) to LSD.

6) Trip reports.

7) Concluding notes on how to grow potent MG seeds.

8] More Trip reports.

9) 2 images and 1 table from the 2016 Analytical & Biochemical Chemistry study on morning glory seeds:

* drawing showing the effect of LSH decomposition after the extraction of seed sample-->supported with hypothesized LSH to ergine (LSA) reorganization mechanism.

* analysis of extract of seeds from retail store

* levels of alkaloids found in seeds.

Hermes gives his trip report with 12g of CWE MG seeds "strong 4D lattice-like open eye visuals and warping and melting of furniture with only 400 seeds." There are around 32 to 36 seeds to a gram.

In a bizarre story, Krystle Cole drank "Ergot wine" and reports that she saw constantly rotating holographic Sanskrit or Arabic & Zodiac symbols, floating in a circle around Todd's head.

Burning_copal gives the first modern day account of a dream with ice CWE of ergot from the fields, having extremely vivid open & closed eye visions more powerful than the MG, HBWR & his many mushroom experiences, "complex geometry over-layed on background of colors, constantly changing like a tapestry, intermixed with very bright flashes of light (bubbles) and on occasions beams of light."

LSH (Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide is found in abundance in fresh morning glory seeds). Animal tests all point to LSH being an active psychedelic and it is indeed the closest thing to LSD found in nature, far closer than d-ergine. Owsley claims Hoffman himself told him that LAOH is very LSD-like. I totally agree.

Theory: 500ml (17oz) spring water solution acidified slightly to ph=4 with a tiny smidgen dash of DL tartaric acid. Excess of the water soluble aldehydes: acetaldehyde and isovaleraldehyde (and their corresponding acids) from five drops (.25ml) of peppermint extract (91% alcohol, rest: aldehydes, non-water soluble menthol & others) & 1 shot of sherry --> drive the equilibrium of cold water (adjusted to ph=4 with pinch of DL tartaric acid) extracted unstable or labile Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide from fresh morning glory seeds --> to stabilize and prevent decomposition back to ergine (LSA) & acetaldehyde.

One shot of sherry (1.25 oz or 37ml will contain 11mg acetaldehyde on average) is enough for equilibrium excess. Ph=4 Acidified solution works to stabilize LSH + all ingredients working together to prevent hydrolysis of LSH back to LSA plus acetaldehyde in water. Chilled spring water made fresh peppermint tea can also be substituted for the peppermint extract. It is hypothesized that the LSH molecule rearranges/decomposes into ergine (LSA) due to too aggressive ionization conditions. This described process/recipe theoretically reverses those conditions by creating an LSH stabilizing solution.

Breakdown of water soluble acetaldehyde & isovaleraldehyde (and their corresponding acids) in peppermint extract: 1mg standard is equivalent to .001ml, 5 drops used in recipe = .25ml, .25ml = 250mg identified compounds, alcohol percent of peppermint extract = 91% alcohol so then 250mg x 0.9% = 23mg leftover of compounds, assuming 9% of this is the acetaldehyde/isovaleraldehyde & their corresponding acids, [see paper "Chemical Composition and Biological Activities of Mentha Species by Brahmi"] then approximately 2mg exists in 5 drops.

1 seed = approx. 0.01mg LSA (500 seeds = 5mg LSA)

molecular weights: LSA C16H17N3O = 267 g/mol, LSH C18H21N3O2 = 311 g/mol, LSD C20H25N3O = 323 g/mol, acetaldehyde C2H4O = 44 g/mol.

LSH decomposes in neutral water solutions, and quickly in alkaline solutions, and also if heated, but it is quite stable in acidic environments (just like the solution recipe I give). Traditionally (e.g. as reported from Wasson) they only soaked the mushed seeds briefly in water, then strained and immediately drank. Even Hermes (14g extremely visual MG trip report given here later) would acidify his distilled cold water with a squirt of lemon juice beforehand.

Identification and determination of ergot alkaloids in Morning Glory cutivars:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...mc/articles/PMC4830885/
hxxps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4830885/
Quote:
Alkaloids abundance in all 3 HB cultivars is comparable, with most significant difference for LSH (Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide), which varies from 0.54 to 1.71 compound to IS ratio.

As has been demonstrated in this study, LSH is a labile compound, and therefore the variances in its concentration may be due to different age and storage conditions of the seeds rather than difference in plant metabolism.

Indeed, seeds IT-HB2, which express highest concentration of LSH, were bought directly from the producer, whereas seeds IP-HB1 were purchased in retail stores.
Study found over 3x the amount of LSH in seeds direct from producer vs seeds sitting in retail stores.

LSH & LSA is shown by Albert Hofmann in two pics below to be the 2 main active alkaloids in morning glory seeds.

1) Recall that it is believed by many that a CWE (cold water extract) of ergot was used in the sacred brew the initiates drank at Eleusis in ancient Greece for over 2000 years straight. We know from the writings that the brew also had mint added to it (which would theoretically contribute to changing the brew to one with more concentrated LSH). The water soluble aldehydes: acetaldehyde & isovaleraldehyde, are not only found in peppermint but mint as well.

CWE of ergot contains similar alkaloids as found in a CWE of morning glory, called Ololuiqui (Rivea corymbosa) by the Atecs.

2) We know from Plato's writings that the priest administering the sacred brew were seen with purple stains on their robes (see the book "The Road to Eleusis" by Wasson, Hofmann & Ruck), which likely came from sclerotia of the ergot fungus. When a CWE (cold water extract of ergot) is performed, the toxic non-water soluble ergopeptines are left behind and only the good water soluble psychedelic alkaloids dissolve into the water...there was plenty of ergot growing in ancient Greece at the time, and would have been more than enough to serve the hundreds of people who made the pilgrimage to Eleusis to drink the sacred brew. We also find from the writings that several people had snuck the brew out of Eleusis and consumed it at parties.

The Eleusinian Mysteries were initiations held every year for the cult of Demeter and Persephone based at the Panhellenic Sanctuary of Eleusis in ancient Greece. They are the "most famous of the secret religious rites of ancient Greece". Persephone's rebirth is symbolic of the rebirth of all plant life and the symbol of eternity of life that flows from the generations that spring from each other. Numerous scholars have proposed that the power of the Eleusinian Mysteries came from the kykeon's functioning as an entheogen, or psychedelic agent.

The initiates, sensitized by their fast and prepared by preceding ceremonies, are believed to have been propelled by the effects of a powerful psychoactive potion into revelatory mind states with profound spiritual and intellectual ramifications. Men, women and even slaves were allowed initiation. Plato, "the ultimate design of the Mysteries...was to lead us back to the principles from which we descended...a perfect enjoyment of intellectual [spiritual] good."

The main constituents of the Mexican morning-glory seeds are also the main alkaloids in ergot growing on the wild grass Paspalum distichum L. This grass grows commonly all around the Mediterranean basin (where the Eleusian rites were held) and is often infected with Claviceps paspali. It contains only alkaloids that are hallucinogenic and which could even have been used directly in powder form. The famous Rarian plain was adjacent to Eleusis.

Claviceps purpurea, preparation and dosage: The sclerotia are collected when the rye is ripe and dry and are then dried and crushed. The resulting powder can be used to produce alcoholic extracts and cold-water infusions. Because ergot preparations are almost impossible to standardize and exhibit considerable variations in alkaloid concentration and in the proportions of the constituent alkaloids, one seldom finds information about dosages.

The older literature often notes that four ergot grains are sufficient to speed up the process of labor. Such statements, however, should not necessarily be taken at face value.

Alcoholic extracts can be very dangerous, as they dissolve the toxic alkaloids. It is only with cold-water extracts that the poisonous alkaloids remain undissolved. There is no data available concerning cold-water extracts. Self-experimentation is absolutely not recommended!

Modern day researchers have all chickened out from dreaming a CWE of ergot, but later in this paper I give accounts of 3 people (burning_copal, Todd and Krystle Cole) who have in dreams experienced it and give vivid accounts of their extraordinary experiences.

Krystle Cole drank "Ergot wine" and reports that she saw constantly rotating holographic Sanskrit or Arabic & Zodiac symbols, floating in a circle around Todd's head.

3) The 2003 book "LSD" by Chemist Otto Snow lists Lysergic acid ethylamine (LAE-32) as being reported to be active between 500 to 1400ugs on page 46. Lysergic acid ethylamine (LAE-32) is very similar to Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamine (LSH). LSH is normally found in abundance in fresh MG seeds.

4) According to a detailed research on American peppermint oil by F. B. Power and C. Kleber (Pharm. Rundschau, 1894, p. 157), this oil contains the following substances: (1) Acetaldehyde; (2) isovaleric aldehyde; (3) amyl alcohol; (4) free acetic, and (5) isovalerianic acids; (6) pinene; (7) phellandrene [8] l-limonene; (9) cadinene; (10) cineol; (11) a lactone C<sub>10</sub>H<sub>16</sub>O<sub>2</sub>; (12) menthone; (13) menthol; (14) menthyl-acetate; (15) menthyl-isovalerianate; (16) menthylester of an acid, C<sub>8</sub>H<sub>12</sub>O2; (17) dimethyl sulphide (S[CH3]2).

Was the one who accidentaly discovered LSH stability enhancement long ago in the early 2000's, and wrote it up on the internet explaining the process on the now defunct forum Lycaeum.

People may laugh, but let me tell you, just like chemist Peter Webster, experienced a powerful dream experience with the seeds, when extraction is done right, will explain further below.

There is also a short chapter on the seeds in the recent book "Magic Medicine" (pages 75-80).

Best extract ever dreamed was with fresh off the vine morning glory seeds (I grew/still grow them) on a trellis which faces the early morning sun only, they drop seeds every year and continue to grow on their own year after year. I attached fishing line string using eyelit screws to the boards, and they wrap around the string and climb as high as they can and spread out into the string matrix I created on the boards (14 strings horizontal x 14 strings vertical)

Dream procedure:

1) 50-100 seeds = light, 100-250 seeds medium, 250-400 seeds strong, 400+ seeds heavy.

2) Room was set up with a red light lamp in place of regular light to prevent destruction of MG alkaloids to light.

3) 250g fresh dry seeds right off the vine in the fall (I grow a dozen plants every year for their visual aesthetics & flowers) were first crushed with a hammer in between a paper plate with the edges of the paper plate folded in to prevent loss of crushed seeds.

4) The crushed seed powder from the plate was emptied into a coffee grinder and ground into even tiner particles, not quite a dust.

5) A 1-liter mason jar was filled with 500ml (half-way) with fridge cold spring water acidified slightly to ph=4 with a tiny smidgen dash of DL-tartaric acid powder. (do not use tap water as the chlorine can destroy the fragile alkaloids). 5 drops (.25ml) of peppermint extract (using a pipette) & 1 shot of sherry wine (contains on average 11mg acetaldehyde) was then added to the solution as well & jar contents were stirred. Chilled spring water made fresh peppermint tea can also be substituted for the peppermint extract. Do not overdo the drops of peppermint extract or solution will taste like mouthwash.

6) The crushed seed powder was then added to the 1-liter jar and shook a bit, let sit in fridge for 20 minutes with occasional shaking.

7) The solution was then filtered thru a cotton ball stuffed in a funnel, and put back into fridge to sit for several hours, with shaking once per hour.

8] Cotton end of an ear cleaner was dipped into the fridge solution and then swabbed onto the back of a paper plate--plate was taken to another room with a blacklight to observe the beautiful blue glow of lysergic acid amides.

9) The solution was then drunk in dreams.

Details of cotton ball stuffed in a funnel filtering:

You should love the cotton ball filtering, it works for filtering out the debris from Ayahuasca, Cactus, or Morning glory seeds, when and if the cotton clogs, you simply replace it with another and continue filtering, may take 2, 3 or more cotton ball chang-ings, but your entheogenic brew will come out super clean and active, your stomach and intestines will thank you--no nausea! Yes, coffee filters are useless. Have dreamed this method of filtering for decades--get's all the nauseating particles out but leaves the water soluble actives in solution. Beats the heck out of useless coffee filters which will not allow anything to flow.

To use: just put one cotton ball in a large clean funnel to make it sediment free which reduces or eliminates nausea to the intestines...have two of these funnels with a cotton ball stuffed in them sitting in a large tall jar sitting side by side so that you can pour off liquid from funnel #1 into adjacent "funnel in a jar #2" to continue filtering once the 1st jar's cotton clogs up or slows down the flow too much, continue pouring off the funnel's contents back and forth changing out the cotton when or if it clogs.

When you are done with your cotton ball in a funnel filtering, take all your spent cotton and combine it in your hand into a single wad, make a fist and wring out any leftover liquid into a final funnel in a jar with cotton ball stuffed in it, to get every last bit of particle free liquid. You will want to use the larger size black funnels that you can find in your nearest automotive store, buy several of them.

Experiment #1 with 8g (250 seeds):

Went to the mall and experienced a powerful euphoric psychedelic journey for hours long ago, will never forget. I sat on a seat and watched women come and go from the changing room in the clothes section as they tried on different clothes watching themself in the mirror outside next to me while I waited on my wife to select her clothes as well. I was blown away with euphoria and an enjoyable psychedelic state. Even the music over the intercom sounded heavenly. The solution I drank on the way to the mall. I continued to walk in the rest of the mall for hours in a state of tranquility, profound happiness & peace.

Experiment #2 with 13g (400 seeds):

* psychedelic effects magnified several fold

* euphoria was very powerful

* energizing, not sedating.

* closed eye geometrics were finally visible and spun, I had not ever seen these before with MG. I distinctly saw rotating colored vectors that spun 360 degrees as they moved from left to right across the visual plane.

* I felt like I was an extraterrestrial being, immersing myself in new sensory phenomena for the first time. The morning glory LSH saturated & stabilized recipe solution heightened my hearing sense but sounds were also quite different than normal, producing audio hallucinations.

Materials used in dreams (see attached pic at end of this post) for hypothetical potent LSH d-hydroxyethylamide saturating/stabilizing recipe, zero sedation, energizing instead...profound entheogenic dreams.

Material list:

1. home-grown cactus (main-stay some of the year)

2. miracle grow powder (add to 1 gallon watering can with spout) and feed once a month during growing season for monstrous Heavenly blue MG plants & flowers, very potent seeds!

3. Sherry wine (contains avg of 10mg natural acetaldehyde per 1oz or 30ml). One shot is used in recipe.

4. Peppermint extract, 5 drops used in recipe contain on average approximately 2mg water soluble acetaldehyde/isovaleraldehyde and their corresponding acids.

5. Combination fresh mint/peppermint tea which can be used along with peppermint extract drops, or substituted in place of it in the recipe. Recommend Bigelow mint medley tea which comes individually wrapped in foil pouches for peak flavor, freshness, and aroma.

6. Red light LED bulb, replace your lamp with it, and work only under a red light to prevent destruction of MG seed powder during & once hammered and ground in coffee grinder.

7. DL Tartaric acid, acidify 17oz (500ml) fridge cold spring water to ph=4 with a tiny dash smidgen of it till water reaches ph=4, LSH is very stable in only acidic environments, but decomposes in neutral water, very fast in alkaline water, or when heated. 16.9oz is the size of one of those normal sized plastic coke bottles.

8. 2 jars with clean automotive funnel which each have a loosely stuffed cotton ball in them, use to filter Ayahuasca, cactus, or MG seed solution....get's all the debris out, but leaves only the water soluble actives in solution, have used for decades, beats the heck out of coffee filters which will not anything to pass thru. Your stomach and intestines will thank you for getting rid of the nauseating particles which the cotton ball blocks & collects...no nausea! I have never thrown up in over 65 times using this process with Ayahuasca, cactus, or MG seeds, and always zero nausea to the stomach. The cotton ball & funnel is the best invention of the century, along with the toothbrush.

9. Coffee grinder used after seeds are hammered to a powder inbetween paper plate with hammer.

10. Paper plate with edges folded on ends to prevent loss of seed powder as seeds are being hammered.

11. cotton swab and blacklight in background, cotton swab is dipped into fridge cold seed solution after filtering, then is swabbed onto back of paper plate, plate is taken to another room with blacklight on to observe the beautiful blue glow of lysergic acid amides.

12. Seeds from freezer that had been frozen to preserve super high potency fresh off the vine fall picked pod MG heavenly blue seeds. Other option is to dream fresh heavenly blue MG seeds from growers on-line with over 350 5-star reviews.

Notes:

* Vin Mariani wine with coca leaf was drunk by the Pope and Thomas Edison & leagues of famous people back in the 1800's. It consisted of wine with at least an alcohol content of 15% and added coca leaf (coca leaf tea bags soaked in wine) which in vivo (in the liver) turned into coca-ethylene which was orally potent, the secret to it's strong activity was not even discovered until 1994.

Sometimes I wonder if an enzymatic reaction in the liver also has something to do with improving LSH stability in combination with ethanol & acetaldehyde, which is known to drive acetaldehyde adduct addition formation with tryptophans in an old paper I read once "Tryptophan analogues form adducts by cooperative reaction with aldehydes and alcohols or with aldehydes alone" by J E Austin & H Fraenkel-Conrat.

* Only use less than a smidgen of DL tartaric acid powder, it can seriously upset the PH balance of the body if too much is used--and you will feel really bad--so look up less than a smidgen if you don't know how much this is.

I added in dreams just 10mg at a time with stirring until ph of the water reached ph=4, one of those $8 digital ph meters off ebay read precise, not much DL tartaric is needed at all, don't want to overdo it.

* It's the combination of all the alkaloids in the seeds that work together in unison for the experience.

* IMHO the best book on Morning Glory Seeds is "Sacred Mushrooms of the goddess", see chapter 13 on the sacred seeds with pages of comments by chemist Peter Webster with his theory of chair and boat confirmations of the alkaloids formed from the seeds in liquid and how these two confirmations work together for the powerful experience if you get your extraction right. These "psychedelic confirmation boats" of the alkaloids can only form if the solution sits as a liquid medium...in other words these confirmation boats will not form with just a dry swallowed extract...and it takes at least an hour for them to stabilize or form in liquid (reach 50/50 equilibrium he said) he is right according to another chemist who was consulted that he knew. So let it sit in the fridge like explained above. He also had a powerful experience with the seeds he describes.

* DL-tartaric acid powder is hard to find, it converts the delicate alkaloids that are extracted form the seeds to the stable salt form. Good luck finding more if you can. One jar of it will last forever, as you only need less than a smidgen or tiny bit of it added to your extraction water.

* The reason you want DL tartaric acid and not just plain wine making tartaric acid is because the wine making tartaric acid is L-isomer. Keep in mind that only the D-isomer of LSD is active, the L-isomer has no activity. The DL tartaric acid is the one I used decades ago, and it kicked ass in the solution for stabilizing the fragile MG LSA & LSH alkaloids into their respective active D-salt form. I still have my jar of it to this day.

* Do not use tap water, the chlorine in the water will destroy the alkaloids, and work only in an area lit with a red light bulb, as normal light will also destroy the alkaloids. Sunlight will kill the solution fast.

* I doubt anyone will even dream the basic water extract I have posted, as most are into classics cactus, shrooms, Ayahuasca, Hoffman's potion and rightly so. Remember, this is how the indigenous people in South America would extract the seeds--using a cold water extraction...and just as Peter Webster mentions in his writings--a liquid solution that sits for at least an hour is needed for the 50/50 LSA boat/chair confirmation equilibrium psychedelics to form. It does work great as mentioned, and simple.

* See lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide (LSH) in middle of color illustration below from Hoffman's book "LSD, my Problem Child."

* Chemist Peter Webster's morning glory extract experience, chapter 3 of "Center of the Universe":
Quote:
The extract of Ipomoea violacea that we had prepared radiated power, just sitting there in its flask. A light amber, odorless syrup which, in the darkened laboratory fluoresced brilliantly blue under ultraviolet light, it was an extreme contrast with the series of messy, difficult to purify, dark-colored and discouraging volumes of intermediate sludge we had treated, and brought to mind the Curies and their arduous separation of a few tiny crystals of glowing radium from a mountain of pitchblende.

The difficulties had, however, taught us much about ways in which we would modify our processes for future work. As for the extract, the following day would see the first test of its activity, with myself as the guinea-pig. I was by this time hardly a novice in self-administration of my own preparations or in the estimation of what effects they might have.

I was, in fact, quite adept at taking most any supposed substance of enlightenment and avoiding nasty complications if the brew turned out to be bogus. On many occasions in New York, more than a little caution had been required to avoid not only the classic "rip-off" but also the inevitable dangers that Prohibition naturally produced. Once, a purported sample of magic mushroom I was offered proved to be only a few wasted store-bought champignons laced with powdered datura seeds. Although hallucinogenic, the experience of datura was not the least insightful, nor did it leave me with an experience which hinted at dimensions normally closed to everyday perception. I spent a few unpleasant hours also with Owsley's famous STP, which in the original dose was far too potent for human consumption. Fortunately I took only a quarter-dose, there having been evidence of difficult times for others with this synthetic drug.

The morning-glory extract provided not a nasty surprise, but a powerful surprise none the less. It was by far the most powerful experience I had yet encountered. Perhaps the methods of our extraction had yielded a product more representative of the shaman's recipe than the preparations obtained by other investigators, who reported only modest psychedelic effects. The experience of that day was hardly modest, from the beginning moments it certainly did not fail to inspire reverence and humility, no matter what the direction to which I managed to guide it.

The colors and geometric patterns, the rippling waves so often seen in watching clouds in the sky, the slowing of time and other typical effects so frequently described in the literature had some time ago become only minor and unattended aspects of psychedelic experience for me. Certainly, I still noticed these effects, if I took the trouble to pay attention to them. But the psychedelic experience had become for me far more an arena for the Herculean task of attempting to achieve the truly original perspective for viewing the fundamental questions that man has posed since the beginning of time. It was the task of freeing oneself completely from preconceptions, from habits of thinking that affected the outcome of seeking in unknown and unconscious ways. And of course, it was paradoxical, if not impossible to erase these filters of comprehension completely. To a very significant extent, comprehension consisted of these filters. Nevertheless, the psychedelic experience seemed to go quite a good distance in providing this ability, if one were ready to use it. Particularly the experience of that day.

LSD----------------------------------------CH2CH3---CH2CH3
LAE-32-----------------------------------------H------CH2CH3
d-lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide-----------H-----CHOHCH3

Notice the similarity of LSH to LAE-32 (in which human experiments were done)
TIHKAL:

LAE-32, N-ethyllysergamide. (D-Lysergic Acid Ethylamide)

Different people have observed and reported different effects, with different routes of
administration. Subcutaneous administrations of from 500 to 750 micrograms have been said to produce a state of apathy and sedation. Clinical studies with dosages of 500 micrograms i.m. were felt to be less effective than the control use of 100 micrograms of LSD. And yet, oral doses of twice this amount, 1.6 milligrams, have been said to produce a short-lived LSD-like effect with none of these negatives.

Wikipedia:
D-Lysergic Acid Ethylamide, (LAE-32) is a derivative of ergine. It is reported to have some LSD-like effects but is weaker and shorter lasting, with an active dose reported to be between 0.5 and 1.5 milligrams.

1950's animal experiments from Glasser:
D-Lysergic acid N-(1-hydroxyethyl) amide induces contractions in the isolated uterus of the guinea pig and in the rabbit uterus in situ, showing about 30-50% of the activity of ergometrine. In mice and rabbits it produced the syndrome of central sympathetic stimulation, such as piloerection, mydriasis, and hyperthermia, which suggests that it could have an LSD-like activity, but this hypothesis has not yet been verified by experiments on humans ([60]). He also noted that the animals stood up on their hine legs and touched each other on the noses during the stimulation.

He mentioned he was going to do human studies, but never got around to it.

Below: 1)acetaldehyde & isovaleric aldehyde found in peppermint, 2) Hofmann's notes on Ololiuqui (morning glory seeds). D-lysergic acid methylcarbinolamide is another name for D-lysergic hydroxyethylamide (LSH).
tregar attached the following image(s):
book 3.jpg (5kb) downloaded 1,182 time(s).
morning glory.jpg (12kb) downloaded 1,182 time(s).
LSH.jpg (171kb) downloaded 1,179 time(s).
dl tartaric acid.JPG (10kb) downloaded 1,178 time(s).
mg alkaloids.png (21kb) downloaded 1,148 time(s).
mg photo.jpg (592kb) downloaded 1,153 time(s).
mg vine.JPG (143kb) downloaded 1,110 time(s).
mg 1.JPG (199kb) downloaded 1,101 time(s).
Matts Book_0002.jpg (859kb) downloaded 796 time(s).
matt book 2_0001.jpg (532kb) downloaded 721 time(s).
acetaldehyde.PNG (21kb) downloaded 718 time(s).
lsh stuff.jpg (62kb) downloaded 715 time(s).
50.png (46kb) downloaded 314 time(s).
a100.png (86kb) downloaded 287 time(s).
seeds.jpg (88kb) downloaded 184 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

tregar
#2 Posted : 6/5/2020 6:28:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Piper methysticum (bluelight):
Morning Glory seeds are definitely the most euphoric psychedelic I've ever taken during the onset and the first part of the peak. Not even a strong dose of MDA could compete with the euphoria I felt from 12g of Morning Glory seeds. However, the comparison of LSA alkaloids to MDA is ridiculous. The visuals from Morning Glory seeds are quite inconsistent for me. The first time I tried them, at 9g, the visuals were very dull, but the mental and physical aspects were awesome. My second time at 12g, the visuals were beyond amazing. I got the feeling of being completely in a warp through time and visuals were flying past me and unimaginable speeds. A couple of my unexperienced friends were talking about the tracers they were seeing at the same time this was happening to me. I had to laugh. With just 6g my third time, I also had some pretty amazing visuals, though they weren't nearly as mind blowing.

Next, I ordered some Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. With eight seeds, the visuals were again, amazing. With twelve seeds, I had little visual effect at all. ..At least nothing I could make sense out of. With six seeds, again, no visuals. This I found to be strange, and I also noticed that I enjoyed the Morning Glory seeds more despite the part of eating a handful of seeds. However, through all of this, Morning Glory has become one of my favorite psychedelics of all.

bluedolphin:
I get some impressive visuals off around 200 seeds. I've even had kaleidescopic vision from ~225 seeds. Granted I tend to get more visuals than most people, but at your dose I'm not surprised at all that you had some strong visuals.

DJAngrE:
oh hell yeah, i've had major kaleidoscopic vision (but only when i close my eyes) i've actually had the strongest OEVs of any drug i've tried including mushrooms... LSA is the best music drug in my opinion, next time maybe take a couple hits of weed (with a much smaller dose of seeds of course) i promise it'll be just as sweet.

human:
I tried out LSAs for the first time recently and I found them to be the most comfortable substance I've ever been on. While I don't have that much experience (mdma, mushrooms, 2C-I), I enjoyed the somtic aspects of LSA much more than the other substances I've tried. It seems you also found them quite comfortable.

And yes, I believe LSA and MDMA are contraindicated. LSAs constrict blood vessels, and mdma raises blood pressure/heartrate. Bad combo.

I also agree with the suggestion to smoke a bit of cannabis to ease the nausea.

PimpTurk:
LSA is a really great drug..with roughly 200 heavenly blue seeds i saw ganesha morphing on my friends wall...not to mention all the mind bending breathing every object was doing.....and yes the comeup is EXTREMELY euphoric , it ranks up their will rolling in my opinion.....im thinking about trying them again VERY soon.

MrNice:
The pesticides wont kill you, they will make you puke a lot though.

Im pretty lucky with MG seeds, my highest dose was 500 and even then i didnt get any nausea or leg cramps. I normally stick to around 250, i'll get a nice 7hr trip from them...the best way i can describe how i feel on them is serene. Everything feels so good, colours are brighter, music sounds richer, plus their cheap & easy to get hold of.

Usually have an LSA trip about once a week. One of the best effects is that you dont seem to get a comedown with them, its more of an afterglow. Your not tripping but you feel really relaxed and content.

A few of the psychonauts that back up my dreams:

Nogal said:
Quote:
HBWR is more body oriented while morning glory seeds have effects more similar to LSD.
I agree, and recommend only dreams with MG seeds and not HBWR. HBWR also has no history of Shamanic use, while MG has centuries of documented Shamanic use.

Kash (2012, here at Nexus):
Quote:
Swim just took a 40 seed portion of LSA extract that was mixed for 15 minutes with peppermint oil yesterday and tripped his face off with a friend. Was very clean feeling and relaxed. Rainbows and vibrant fractal energy danced all over the skies and throughout his surroundings and music sounded great. The head-space was very acid like but different. Was a bit intense but he was able to keep it together lol. Whole trip was about 8 hrs long.

Basically, peppermint oil is dirt cheap from any grocery store and it theoretically converts LSA to the LSH which has a very similar structure to lsd, so mix it it cant hurt your odds. Swim has tried a 20 seed extract without peppermint oil and it seemed uncomfortable and sedating with no visuals, while every time he has added peppermint oil he has gotten visuals. Coincidence? ... maybe, but it is best to play it safe imho.

69Ron:
Quote:
Psychonaut1613 wrote:
"one poster argues that the reaction to LSH will not occur without other catalyts."

I know some of you out there are apt to believe the statements above because you've failed at making LSH and those statements above help you feel better about you're failure. Don't fall victim to that kind of crap. Try it again. Find out what you did wrong. When it works, the difference is HUGE, not a tiny difference, the experience is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I know the effects of LSA and LSD very well. He has used them many times. He guarantees that when the reaction works, there is NO NOTICEABLE LSA left at all in the experience. It becomes almost identical to an LSD experience at low doses. Totally different from LSA.

According to Albert Hofmann (the inventor of LSD), LSH is an adduct of LSA and acetaldehyde. Adducts are very simple to make. You just mix them in solution, that's all.

The effect of adding acetaldehyde is HUGE. I cannot feel any leftover LSA when the process is done right. So, like I said, I think those guys don't know what they're talking about and I believe Hoffman does, and that LSH is an adduct of LSA and acetaldehyde and nothing more. No complex reaction is needed to make it. You just mix the two together and LSH forms. And I believe all of the LSA forms LSH, not just a small amount of it because you cannot feel any of the effects of LSA after this is done right.

When the conversion from LSA to LSH is complete it feels COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. The reason some people can't tell the difference is because their conversion failed. It doesn't always works, but when it does, the difference in effects are night and day. No one would ever think the effects of LSH are anything at all like LSA. It's that different.

I think the whole LSA to LSH conversion controversy comes from people failing at the conversion and then assuming it's a load of crap and its just placebo or something. I happened to be lucky on my first try, and he was amazed by the results. Since then the conversion has failed a few times, and so I can see why some people think it's a load of crap if they did it and it failed. But when it works, it REALLY WORKS. No one would ever mistake properly converted LSH for LSA, no one.

I been experimenting with this quite a lot recently and since using peppermint leaves instead of peppermint oil or alcohol, and letting it sit overnight in the refrigerator, it has worked about 90% of the time. But still, sometimes it fails, and I don't know why. It is a real mystery. When it fails, I add more peppermint and try again and it usually works. So if any of you try this, find it doesn't work, add more peppermint and try again. When it works there shouldn't be the slightest hint of any LSA sedative effects felt. It should feel stimulating, euphoric, and be very LSD-like.

LSH is the closest thing chemically to LSD found in nature, and like LSD it is inherently unstable. Even within the cells of the tough Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, it breaks down over time into acetaldehyde and LSH and the acetaldehyde slowly vaporizes away.

Fact: This conversion, when it works, produces an effect that is very different from LSA. Far more like LSD, and stimulating instead of sedating.

Acetaldehyde boils just below room temperature (20.2 &deg;C, 293 K, 68 &deg;F). I don't quite understand how peppermint can retain its acetaldehyde content. It seems like it would all vaporize away when stored at room temperature. But apparently it takes quite a while for it to all escape the cell walls of the peppermint. The same is apparently true for Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds.

When Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds are picked fresh, that's when they contain the most LSH. Maybe storing in the refrigerator would prevent the breakdown of LSH into LSA and acetaldehyde?

I imagine that LSH is very unstable at room temperature and much more stable in the refrigerator.

I have had the best most complete LSH conversions when it's done in the refrigerator with peppermint tea for 24 hours. I think the cool temperature of the refrigerator helps the LSH form from the acetaldehyde and LSA.

Once the tea is taken out of the refrigerator, I always drinks it immediately. He never lets it sit at room temperature.

Possibly, if allowed to sit a room temperature it will break down into LSA and acetaldehyde again. But I really don't know. There is such little information out there about LSH. Other that what's on PubChem and what was published by Albert Hofmann about LSH, the rest of the LSH information on the net is probably inaccurate to say the least.

Sergeant Pepper's Tea

1 - Make 1 cup of peppermint tea using 8 ounces of boiling hot water and 2 tablespoons of dried peppermint leaves. Let this steep for 15 minutes. Strain out the leaves. Add 1 tsp of sugar or a little stevia or some other sweetener.

2 - Mix 1 dose of LSA (or HBWR powder) into the peppermint tea and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. Filter with a coffee filter to get rid of the seed material and drink.

Note that FRESH dried peppermint leaves work best. Old peppermint is ineffective. Old seeds can be used though.

Here's the XLogP3 information for LSA, LSH, and LSD

LSA XLogP3 1.6
LSH XLogP3 1.9
LSD XLogP3 3

You can see that the higher XLogP3 of LSH should ensure that it crosses the blood brain barrier better than LSA, but still not as well as LSD.

Here are the molecular structures of LSA, acetaldehyde, LSH, and LSD from PubChem:

This is a quote from pistol pete, it seems to indicate that LSH is only stable in the refrigerator, what I have been advocating since the beginning.
Quote:
Make sure to keep it freezing cold or the LSH will convert back to LSA.

pistol pete added 4 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

the LSH tincture feels Nearly Identical to LSD
from the body high to the visuals
no nausea to speak of
some vaso contriction but barely noticable.
much better and much easier to take than LSA
The tincture can be stored in the freezer long term as well.

Polytrip:
Quote:
A friend of me is on antidepressants. He once took LSH with his daily dose of nortryptilin. He convinced me that the effects where exactly like LSD. So yesterday i took two of his nortrilen tablets and some LSH obtained from a handfull of morning glory seeds, and some passionflower. I was stunned. In the dark and with closed eyes, the effects where EXACTLY like those of LSD. The only difference was that in the light it was a little less like LSD and it had effects on my breathing, making my breathing shallow. I have no idea what mechanisms of this odd combo cause the effects. Nortrilen is as well anticholinergic (like datura) as a mild blocker of adrenalin re-uptake, and it does some other things as well. i believe it also has some 5ht-2 activity.

LSH is a very odd phenomenon. It's very much like LSD, but it in my experience it takes a little longer before it's fully active. I also experienced an LSH trip on unprocessed seeds once.

It seems that LSH is present in high amounts in some seeds. At the same time i believe that sometimes LSA is converted in the body into some more psychedelic compound that could be LSH.

Jamie:
Quote:
Yeah that LSH can be very visually powerful..the only time I got morning glories to work was when they were fresh..and they blew away LSD for me. I had real visions..I am thinking there was more LSH in them than LSA..all the other times I just got some euphoria and nausea..

Aegle:
Quote:
LSH comes on far quicker than LSA, within about 30 min as opposed to an hour for me personally. LSH is far more acid like in the visuals and in the total experience.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 6/8/2020 12:31:20 AM

No way ticket

Chemical expertSenior Member

I'd like to add something of a thought about peppermint oil, LSH, LSA and acetaldehyde. It should seem pretty obvious and it would not be surprising to find that this has been said before:

Rather than thinking that the acetaldehyde in peppermint oil is actually reacting with LSA to form LSH, it makes more sense to consider the situation in terms of chemical equilibrium: by adding a lot of acetaldehyde to the system, the rate of hydrolysis decomposition of LSH to LSA plus acetaldehyde is greatly reduced. Perhaps this then allows the LSH to survive long enough to do its job effectively.

Quote:
Looking at the covalent bonding of acetaldehyde to proteins (participation of Lysine residues) by authors Tuma, Newman, Donohue & Sorrell, we see that this can happen without or with a reducing agent.

This is very similar to what may happen theoretically with ergine (LSA) and acetaldehyde externally in solution (without a catalyst) or even possibly in vitro in the human liver to form the potent Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamine (LSH).
I'd have to disagree and say the similarity is drastically limited. The difference here is that the lysine residue contains a free amine group which reacts via its lone pair of electrons to form a bond at the carbonyl carbon of the aldehyde, whereas in LSA the nitrogen atom in question is bonded as an amide - which means, to a significant extent, its lone pair is tied up by the carbonyl group of the lysergyl moiety and thus not particularly inclined to go reacting with some other carbonyl group outside of the LSA molecule.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 6/8/2020 12:36:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have also experimented with morning glory seeds a lot.
A couple of times the seeds came very close to LSD, but on other occasions they where nothing like LSD at all.

But there is more. I have combined morning glory seeds with other psychedelics. And on some occasions they dulled the effects of them.
But on a few occasions, they boosted the effects of psychedelics enormously and very few seeds where actually needed to create this effect.

Once a mere 30 seeds where enough to cause an overwhelming OBE on LSD, paired with the most insane visuals and a defragmentation of the mind like i have never experienced ever since.

I am convinced that there is a substance in fresh morning glories, and maybe it is LSH, that modulates receptors that are being activated by psychedelics in such a way that it can boost the effects of other psychedelics. And also that LSA has the opposite effect.

Unfortunately, my morning glories fell victim of a fungus last year.
Converting LSA to LSH sounds very interesting. I have plenty of old seeds left.

Triglav
#5 Posted : 6/8/2020 8:58:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is very interesting info! Thank you so much for sharing it.

I'am aware of these possibilities for some time already because I did some reading a few years ago on the dmt-nexus forums about this topic but never in such a systematic way. So thank you tregar for taking the time to put it like that here in the forums.

I did experience MG seeds with CWE about 8 years ago. The extraction was performed by another person and I did not put much notice into it. I do know however that no peppermint was involved. Nontheless the experience was very interesting and worth it. Much sedation at the beginning after that very uniqe visuals appeared, first CEV ann after that OEV as well. The experience is memorable and unique so that the seeds have retained much of the interest in my mind.

I was thinking about performing an extraction of LSA a few times in the past years after the experience. Reading about it on the dmt-nexus forums I read about the peppermint combination for the first time. This post again sparks the interest.

I've sown morning glory seeds this spring for the fist time and they're now small seedlings but growing nicely. With a bit of luck I should have fresh seeds available by the end of summer which will enable me to do some further experiments.

The idea of making 'homegrown' LSD like substance is inded very intriguing!

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 6/8/2020 9:46:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Triglav wrote:
This is very interesting info! Thank you so much for sharing it.

I'am aware of these possibilities for some time already because I did some reading a few years ago on the dmt-nexus forums about this topic but never in such a systematic way. So thank you tregar for taking the time to put it like that here in the forums.

I did experience MG seeds with CWE about 8 years ago. The extraction was performed by another person and I did not put much notice into it. I do know however that no peppermint was involved. Nontheless the experience was very interesting and worth it. Much sedation at the beginning after that very uniqe visuals appeared, first CEV ann after that OEV as well. The experience is memorable and unique so that the seeds have retained much of the interest in my mind.

I was thinking about performing an extraction of LSA a few times in the past years after the experience. Reading about it on the dmt-nexus forums I read about the peppermint combination for the first time. This post again sparks the interest.

I've sown morning glory seeds this spring for the fist time and they're now small seedlings but growing nicely. With a bit of luck I should have fresh seeds available by the end of summer which will enable me to do some further experiments.

The idea of making 'homegrown' LSD like substance is inded very intriguing!

It is important to know that vaso and bronchoconstriction are much more serious with LSH than with LSD. High doses can be pretty uncomfortable for this reason.

Triglav
#7 Posted : 6/8/2020 10:01:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider Thanks for pointing out the vaso and broncho - constriction with LSH. I was not aware that this is the case.

I any way I don't want to put out the message that it is possible to obtain actual LSD with these procedures. The idea of 'homegrown LSD' is only used as a comparison.

Triglav
#8 Posted : 6/8/2020 10:02:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator - please delete this message. Smile

tregar
#9 Posted : 6/8/2020 12:59:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks dragonrider & Triglav for posting your very interesting experiences.Smile I have read your dream experiences over a few times, so fascinating. Also, so glad to hear that you have sown the seeds Triglav! I have a dozen growing once again on the trellis, they spring up from seeds naturally dropped every year by the plants and continue to grow year after year without my help (other than the fertilizing and watering I do).

downwardsfromzero said:
Quote:
Rather than thinking that the acetaldehyde in peppermint oil is actually reacting with LSA to form LSH, it makes more sense to consider the situation in terms of chemical equilibrium: by adding a lot of acetaldehyde to the system, the rate of hydrolysis decomposition of LSH to LSA plus acetaldehyde is greatly reduced. Perhaps this then allows the LSH to survive long enough to do its job effectively.
Excellent point downwardsfromzero! Thumbs up LSH stability is then theoretically favored rather then decomposition back to LSA & acetaldehyde.

The seeds once collected can also be vacuum packed and frozen, and will retain their original high potency dream fresh activity for years.

As mentioned by others in the posts above, when the seeds are fresh, they are quite powerful in dreams and obviously contain large amounts of natural LSH.

Why even dream about the MG (morning glory) seeds if you already dream acid?

Cause it adds extra dimensions to the dream experience...LSH feels to me like it strongly targets the A2A thru A2C human adrenal receptors (see below) which are responsible for alot of the euphoria and love feelings you get from morning glory, cactus, shrooms, Ayahuasca, whereas the semi-synthetic acid feels more analytical and has less of an aesthetic component compared to the natural entheogens. The euphoria experienced from MG seeds as mentioned by many others in the previous posts is quite high.

Fresh seeds are best. There can be up to a 16 fold variation in the psychoactive potency of seeds produced. The likely range in any species may fall between .005% and .079% total indole alkaloids in different batches of seeds. Freshly harvested seeds are best. Morning Glory seeds are harvested in the Fall at the end of the growing season, when the concentration of lysergic acid amides is at its highest. Morning Glory seeds are ripe when they have become dark and hard. Vacuum pack and freeze them to keep their fresh high natural LSH activity for years. Store bought seeds, or off the net, etc. are also decent so long as they are not too old (not much longer than a year old). Dates can often be seen stamped on the packs indicating when they were harvested.

I used 1 tablespoon of miracle grow in 1 gallon of water (watering can with spout) and fed this around once a month, using regular water the rest of the time, they turn out monstrous looking every year and the seeds from the pods are excellent, with LOTS of natural LSH based on my experiences and on the scent of green-apples (acetaldehyde smell) given off from slightly ripe black seeds when ground, though I recommend letting them form all the way to the super hard dark dry stage, pick the pods in the fall.

Fertilize when your morning glory is first planted, then no more than once a month during the growing season. If you fertilize too often, you will encourage foliage instead of blooms.

Look through the morning glory vines to find dead flowers that are ready to drop off. The blooms will leave a small, round pod behind at the end of the stem. Once these pods are hard and brown, crack one open. If you find a number of small black seeds, they are ready for harvest.

Interesting interview with the Bear Owsley where he hits on a derivative of LSD that the ancients may have discovered and prepared for the Eleusis mystery quoted here:

Quote:
"B: Well, people could say the same thing about LSD, they could say there’s sassafras and there’s nutmeg in nature, and there is morning glories and ergot in nature, but you have to do the chemistry in order to make something that’s effective.

O: No, that’s not true. Ergot contains many natural, highly psychedelic alkaloids. Iso-ergine is one of them, Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide (original word was misspelled) is another one, and in fact, is considered nearly identical to LSD in effect. Albert Hoffman told me so himself. They believe that it was this derivative contained in extracts of c.paspalum that was used in the Eleusian Mysteries.

B: It’s true, they did a water salt solution.

O: I believe that they will find a plant which contains the exact diethylamide of lysergic acid in natural form. In alkaline alcoholic medium the isomers of the amines of lysergic acid will reach an equilibrium. This equilibrium will be a certain per centage of the iso compound, and a certain per centage of the normal compound. Of all the compounds listed experimentally by Hoffman, LSD has the highest ratio of active to inactive isomers in the equilibrated mixture, it runs 88-12. Of all the compounds, and it lists about 20 of them, it has the highest ratio of active to inactive. This means that nature favours the active form of LSD over the inactive by a considerable margin."

Page 8 of "LSD & Its Lysergamide Cousins" from Dr Nichols for the Heffter institute is very interesting:

https://www.heffter.org/...loads/2020/04/chap6.pdf
hxxps://www.heffter.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/chap6.pdf

Jonathan Ott "Pharmacotheon":
Quote:
Ololiuhqui was far more prominent as an entheogen here in Mesoamerica than those mushrooms; the mushrooms are mentioned only here and there by a few competent chroniclers; yet almost an entire book was devoted to denouncing mainly the ololiuhqui idolatry. The annals of the Inquisition contain many times more autos de fe for ololiuhqui than for mushrooms.

Below: 1)acetaldehyde & isovaleric aldehyde found in peppermint, 2) Hofmann's notes on Ololiuqui (morning glory seeds). D-lysergic acid methylcarbinolamide is another name for D-lysergic hydroxyethylamide (LSH).
Capture.JPG (12kb) downloaded 852 time(s).
Capture 2.JPG (15kb) downloaded 846 time(s).
cap.JPG (44kb) downloaded 806 time(s).

tregar
#10 Posted : 6/10/2020 2:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have had a worthwhile cold water extraction experience with fresh morning glory seeds, I would love to hear about it from you. Please share.

tregar
#11 Posted : 6/11/2020 4:39:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As with LSD, one of the most stable forms of lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide is it's D-tartrate form Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide tartrate which is one of the most stable forms of lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide. The low ph 4 of the DL tartaric solution also works to help stabilize the LSH, but it's the peppermint extract or fresh peppermint leaf tea & shot of sherry that drive the equilibrium with acetaldehyde/isovaleraldehyde excess to stabilize the labile/unstable LSH and prevent decomposition back to ergine and acetaldehyde.

Ran two dream experiments in the past and can guarantee the dreams were very enjoyable, highly euphoric, strongly trippy with colored + rotating geometric CEV's & stimulating (I distinctly saw rotating colored vectors that spun 360 degrees as they moved from left to right across the visual plane, and it blew my mind), not sedating just as 69ron confirmed as well in his several experiments. In combination with acid dreams, new dimensions could arise for a full experience with expanded visions and visuals, powerful euphoria, words don't do justice. The cotton ball stuffed loosely in a large funnel in a jar is the miracle worker for creating a particle debris free entheogenic brew with zero nausea. The cotton ball & funnel was one of the greatest inventions of all time. I rank it up there with the toothbrush.

Triglav
#12 Posted : 6/11/2020 7:12:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I understand correctly, DL-tartaric acid is a mixture of D and L isomer. Is that correct ? And also with LSH we are after the D-LSH variant, right ? Similar as with LSD where the D-LSD is the active principle.

It seems I can get all the three variants of the tartaric acid -> L, D and DL-tartatic acid. There is a big difference in the price between them, D-tartaric acid being the more expensive of the three.

You (tregar) mention that the DL-tartaric acid worked very well. I get from your writing that there is enough D-tartaric in the mixture to obtain more than enough D-LSH for the desired effects.

Thank you for all the info! And if you're in the mood to explain some more (no pressure) that would be very much appreciated.

Have a great day! Smile

tregar
#13 Posted : 6/11/2020 7:44:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes correct Triglav, thanks for your comments and kind words. Applies to both LSD and LSH:

TIHKAL (Dr. Shulgin):
Quote:
Reactivity and degradation

"LSD," writes the chemist Alexander Shulgin, "is an unusually fragile molecule ... As a salt, in water, cold, and free from air and light exposure, it is stable indefinitely."[71]

LSD has two labile protons at the tertiary stereogenic C5 and C8 positions, rendering these centres prone to epimerisation. The C8 proton is more labile due to the electron-withdrawing carboxamide attachment, but removal of the chiral proton at the C5 position (which was once also an alpha proton of the parent molecule tryptophan) is assisted by the inductively withdrawing nitrogen and pi electron delocalisation with the indole ring.[citation needed]

LSD also has enamine-type reactivity because of the electron-donating effects of the indole ring. Because of this, chlorine destroys LSD molecules on contact; even though chlorinated tap water contains only a slight amount of chlorine, the small quantity of compound typical to an LSD solution will likely be eliminated when dissolved in tap water.[71] The double bond between the 8-position and the aromatic ring, being conjugated with the indole ring, is susceptible to nucleophilic attacks by water or alcohol, especially in the presence of light. LSD often converts to "lumi-LSD," which is inactive in human beings.[71]

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 6/11/2020 8:44:11 PM

No way ticket

Chemical expertSenior Member

Triglav wrote:
It seems I can get all the three variants of the tartaric acid -> L, D and DL-tartatic acid.

For the sake of completeness, it seems worth mentioning here that there is another form of tartaric acid, meso-tartaric acid, which is optically inactive. Whereas DL-tartaric acid appears optically inactive by consisting of a mixture of equal amounts of both the D- form and the L- form of tartaric acid which cancel out each other's optical rotations, meso-tartaric acid has this cancelling-out within the molecule itself. One half of the molecule is the mirror image of the other half.

This may be just a long-winded way of saying that meso-tartaric acid most probably would not prove helpful for LSH extraction/stabilisation! I don't think it would be harmful per se, just less useful than the pure D-tartaric.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

tregar
#15 Posted : 6/11/2020 8:48:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Downwardsfromzero, you chemical expertise is brilliant, thanks so much for your comments.

My dreams were with fresh off the vine Fall harvested MG seeds, tips given above on how I grew them and fertilized them once a month with a gallon can of water mixed with 1 tablespoon of miracle grow.

However, I will leave you with this post from Hermes who dreamed extensively with store bought MG seeds for years, here is one of his old posts, long since lost as the Lycaeum forum has vanished.

Hermes (Lycaeum March 2003) on MG visuals, visions & strength (note: no added peppermint extract or chilled spring water made fresh peppermint tea or sherry):
Quote:
Depending on seed quality, you should get some weak to decent effects from 8 grams, like mild reality bending, marked enhancement of aesthetic perception, insights, weak open eye visuals, moderate but subtle closed eye visuals (especially with music). I find that more satisfactory results are achieved with more seeds, like 14 grams or more. This much is needed to enter truly psychedelic territory. I wouldn't recommend this much if you haven't tried lower doses with the same seeds and method, however. Make sure that your toes don't go numb or tingly on 8 or so grams first. And don't mix with other vasoconstrictives, like ephedrine or caffeine.

I usually just measure by Burpee bags. These are 1.8 grams each. I have used anything ranging from 3 to 12 of these. Strangely, the 12 bag trip was relatively weak. They must have been some old seeds. My strongest experience ever with MG seeds was with the Martha Stewart brand from K-mart.

I had strong 4D lattice-like open eye visuals and warping and melting of furniture with only 400 seeds. There are about 32-36 seeds to a gram. The Martha Stewarts are more expensive than the Burpees. They are like $1.30 a bag or something close to that for a 1.2 gram bag. The Burpees are something like $0.88 a bag and each bag has 1.8 grams. That's $2.05 a gram for Martha Stewart seeds and $0.92 a gram for Burpee seeds. It seems to be a trade off.

My favorite way to go about this is to first wash the whole seeds in a bowl with a little water and a very small amount of liquid handsoap. I slosh them around and rub them a bit in the soapy water (not too long--could reduce potency). I then rinse them good with cold water in one of those screen vegetable strainers. This is intended to wash off any fungicide or other adulterants. I then dry the seeds well with paper towels.

Then I grind the seeds in coffee grinder to a fairly fine consistency, but not to the point of being powder. The hulls should remain somewhat course, while the lighter colored inner stuff is pretty much powder. I then put this stuff into one or several empty tea bags. Don't overfill one. If the bags are small, use several. Next, put the bag(s) into a full glass of cold distilled water (w/squirt of lemon juice to acidify water beforehand) and use a spoon to press on them and make sure they are well-saturated with water. Let sit for 10 minutes in a cool dark place.

Use spoon to squeeze and agitate the bag against side of glass some more to get more stuff out. Don't press too hard or you will break the bag and get seed mush into the water, which is undesirable. Leave for 10 more minutes. Squeeze again. Leave for 10 minutes. Squeeze.

Remove bags after squeezing most of the water from them into the glass. You can suck on the bags if you want to get more stuff. I don't generally do this. Discard bags. Drink water. Get yourself into the mood with some good music and wait for effects. You might want to take a little ginger if you are worried about nausea. Usually I don't get any, but sometimes there is a little, probably partly from pre-trip anticipation anxiety.

When I am getting into it pretty well, I retire to the bedroom and turn off the lights and put on some good quality headphones with good music. This results in fantastic visuals unlike anything you have ever imagined if you have never used a good psychedelic before.

I see amazing three and seemingly four-dimensional shapes morphing and bifurcating. Often I get religious and esoteric themed visuals, like fractal cherub wings and winged eyes like those in some of Alex Grey's work. Eyes are all over everything. I see pyramids and sphinxes and Gigeresque biomechanical forms. I see amazing geometric lattice structures. I watch mathematical space-filling algorithms doing their thing.

I also find that I can control the imagery by an act of will. Anything I intend to visualize comes forth and then goes beyond what I have imagined and then transforms into something else. This is great for artists!

I could swear that on one occasion while listening to Mozart's Requiem, Heaven itself opened up inside my skull. It was incredible! OH, THE BEAUTY! I saw glorious celestial architecture and there were seraphs singing along with the chorus in the music. I just can't even begin to describe what this was like. I had tears streaming down my face. I was in the highest ecstacy I have every known. And all of this with nothing more than a good mindset, good music, and only 500 seeds.

It was the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced, and I still feel great joy when I think of it. I felt so whole!

Nogal:
Quote:
Yes I know of someone who tried the CWE method with the Heavenly Blue variety, except with the substitution of a coffe grinder in place of a stone metate (I think thats what is called but I could be wrong), and a squirt of lemon in the water, with around 400-500 seeds. Closed and open eyed visuals were extremely breath taking. Some of the most prominent visions were of Aztec/Mayan glyphic patterns, a menacing and demonic technicolor nymph made of light who tried to seduce the viewer, and this bizare trail of energy spheres which each contained a different stylized animal form (again definately of Aztec/Mayan origin). The only negative reaction experienced was a cramping and spasms of the inner thigh muscles which is mentioned in another post in the botanical forum.

Carl_Ripken:
Quote:
A friend and I tried the cold water extraction. After Washing and rinsing, we didn't have a coffee grinder, so we wrapped the seeds in tin foil and dropped a 25lb weight on them repeatedly. Thus resulting in a course powder. So we packed the seed into 4 tea bag's then simply dropped them into slightly less than a gallon of distilled water. My friend and I wanted the lsa experience to happen outdoors, so we grabbed a cd player and some clean drinking water, and off we went.

I was skeptical at first, until the lsa cranked up my reality. I had not eaten anything all day so it metabolized into my system quicker. By the time my friend started to trip I think I was peaking. The visuals were amazing, seemingly generating from random math. All throughout the trip I saw complex patterns, but these patterns would take me places. At one point I was in an open air market walking a cow through its isle's. Other times I saw beautiful architecture, and random people. I felt radiant and peaceful all throughout the trip. Thank you for this very good and easy to do extraction. I also got a couple of batches from the same tea bags, as the seeds are a little expensive and I did not want to waste any.

In post #1 I spoke about the sacred brew drank in ancient Greece at Eleusis by thousands of initiates yearly for over 2000 years, believed my many to be a cold water extract of ergot (which grew in abundance in ancient Greece). The writings tell us the other ingredient known for sure mixed into it was mint. The brew recipe was kept secret by the priest for all those years. Recall that CWE of ergot leaves the toxic non-water-soluble ergopeptines behind, but dissolves the good water soluble psychedelic alkaloids only. CWE of morning glory contains the same water soluble alkaloids as found in CWE of ergot.

Below is the only modern account we have of an actual ICE cold water extraction of ergot (claviceps purpurea) from wild barley fields, quite an amazing post from back in the early 2000's from the now defunct Lycaeum forum:

The author said he experienced powerful lucid open and closed eye visuals and claims it was his most powerful psychedelic visual experience ever--the dose he took more powerful than mushrooms, MG or HBWR. He also noted the vasoconstriction was very apparent but not at all unpleasant...only mild nausea...there was little to no loss of mental/physical coordination.

Burning_Copal did the ICE cold CWE of infected wild barley (with some wheat/rye mixed in it?) found in the pacific northwest under the mountain known as Tahoma. Please nobody try this--I can imagine this can be extremely dangerous if the extraction is done improperly. Author claims 1.75 grams of claviceps purpurea was ground up under low light conditions (starlight), soaked for 3.5 hours in ICE cold water in the fridge, filtered through a very thin paper filter, with the ending 6 oz hypothetically consumed.

Burning_Copal:
Quote:
SOTC describes the experience as being similar to, though visually far more intense then HBWR or MG, Complex geometry over-layed on background of colors, constantly changing like a tapestry, intermixed with very bright flashes of light (bubbles) and on occasions beams of light.

He describes the mental effects aside from that, and the auditory perceptions as being more or less lucid, which is what surprised him more than anything.

This was bar none the most visual experience of the feline's life, and he had, in the course of wandering fields, consumed hefty dosages of 'godflesh' in times past, one species in particular noted for vivid visions, the feline found this to be far more intense.

1) Claviceps purpurea ergot fungus (teeny tiny mushrooms) that infect and grow on rye

2) Mount Rainier, also known as Tahoma or Tacoma, is a large active stratovolcano in the Cascade mountain range located 59 miles south-southeast of Seattle, in Mount Rainier National Park.

3) Claviceps purpurea magnified
ccc.JPG (30kb) downloaded 535 time(s).
Tahoma.jpg (16kb) downloaded 528 time(s).
CP.JPG (33kb) downloaded 520 time(s).

tregar
#16 Posted : 6/12/2020 11:11:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hypothetically sherry wine acetaldehyde could theoretically correspond to equilibrium conditions or even an excess. Sherry wine is one of the, if not the highest wine in acetaldehyde. Speaking of ergot wine, here is a section below where I would tend to think a cold water extract of ergot was made, and then the CWE of ergot was added to wine, this is a rather bizarre story, but if true is amazing. CWE of ergot captures only the good psychedelic alkaloids and leaves the toxic ergopeptines behind (similar to what the priest may have done for 2,000 years at Eleusis where they served the thousands of initiates a sacred entheogenic brew). MG alkaloids are similar to what is found in CWE of ergot.

From the book "Lysergic", author Krystle Cole describes her hypothetical psychedelic experience with "Ergot Wine" prepared by an LSD chemist (remember Skinner & Pickard ?):
Quote:
Chapter 17 THE BLOOD OF CHRIST

Todd knelt down, holding an ornately decorated gold chalice. A magnificent piece to behold, exquisite. It pulsated with energy, spirituality. "Sherom Teleqot Masecot," he began his prayers in ancient Chaldean, and then moved on to a higher prayer. "Ebatone Neahmeh Nohhoaayow..." the language of the gods. Reverent peacefulness engulfed him as the words came forth. He turned to face me and drank several large gulps. Then bowed his head in silence as he passed me the chalice.

"What is it?" I was totally caught by surprise; we had not planned on tripping for awhile. Things had been far too crazy lately.

"It's ancient wine. Just try a sip."

"I don't know..." I didn't want to have a repeat of my DMT experience. My mind wasn't as prepared as it should be prior to a journey. Also, I had never seen him this spiritual before a trip. He never prayed or used a chalice any other time. Usually he would non-ceremonially weigh out the doses on his lab scale, and then simply pass them out. No ceremony, no prayers. Why the sudden change?

"Just try a small sip. It is time for you to be initiated into the order, you're ready. But I would kneel and say a prayer first if I was you. This one must be taken very seriously." His head bowed slightly but he still kept eye contact.

I was curious so I knelt down, even though my instincts were telling me not to. What order? The brotherhood maybe? And what was in the chalice? It couldn't really be ancient wine, could it? I examined the liquid; it looked and smelled just like red wine. Why not? I cautiously drank a small sip. It was thinner than normal wine and had a woody taste. The most interesting part was the way it tingled as it went down. A warming sensation filled my throat and stomach. "Okay I drank some, now what is it?"

"It's Ergot wine." He smiled slyly, knowing he had gotten one over on me.

"ERGOT WINE! Oh my God!" I was in shock. "Ergot can kill people. I wouldn't have taken it if I would have known what it was. It's St. Anthony's fire! It can make you lose body parts if you touch it! Oh, my God!" My head was spinning. How could he have not warned me?

"I knew you would react like this, that's why I just told you to drink it. You get so afraid sometimes. There is no need to be; you are safe." A slight giggle escaped from his lungs.

"Are you sure it's safe? Where did you get it?" My heart was racing.

"I made it when I was younger. I did an alcohol wash of the ergot fungus with the wine. Then I corked the bottles up and stored them. The ergot fungus will feed on the sugars in the wine, giving it the woody taste. I let them age for about ten years. It is best to wait a little longer, but I felt it was an appropriate time to open one anyway. Every year it ages, it will become a little less potent and easier to control the dose."

"How do you know what a safe dose is?" I was skeptical.

"Ergot is a fungus and a precursor for LSD. Ergot is interesting because we really don't know what happens to the alkaloid concentration over time. It moves around, changes. So the dose is guesswork."

"Isn't Ergot what Socrates used to take at Eleusis?" I thought it was kind of cool to be taking something that the founders of our democracy used to take, but that our current democracy has made illegal.

"Yes, except for he did a water infusion of the ergot, instead of alcohol."

"I can feel it already." I took a deep breathe but couldn't ease my anxiety. "My chest feels tight and my heart is racing." My heart had never beaten that fast. "My hands feel like they're going numb. Are you sure I am going to be okay?" As I lay back onto the floor, to relax my chest became tighter, heavy. I started coughing and gasping for air. Time passed, I don't know how much.

"Here take a Valium. You will be alright, just breath sweety." He handed me the pill. Then picked up the chalice again and kneeled down beside me. He took several large gulps. After it was empty, he turned it upside down to show me that there was*n't any left. "See it's safe. You only drank a sip! Look how much I took!"

"But you can handle a lot more than me; you are three times my size!" I weighed about 110 pounds and stood about 5'8".

Todd on the other hand was a giant at 6'5", weighing somewhere around 275 pounds.

"Come on, let's go lay down on the bed where it is more comfortable." He reached down and grabbed my hand, helping me up off the floor.

The visuals were really starting to kick in now. They were thick and heavy like my breathe. Dark colors, red, purple, and blue. They overtook me; I could no long see my hand when I held it up in front of my face. A different world existed inside of me. A liquid oceanic playground for the mind. Would I come back from this space? Spiraling thoughts that made no sense. Fear of the unknown. Would I be okay?

My chest still felt heavy but I sat upright which seemed to make it a little better. My heart started to throb slightly. Every few breathes, I felt a sharp twinge along with the throb. Was the ergot causing the chest pain or was I? Was I having an anxiety attack? How could I tell the difference between a real pain and one that I manifested with my mind?

Instinctually, I started to chant my calming mantra, "Telelelelah-luu Letetwah," over and over again. I rocked with the words. "Telelelelah-luu Letetwah." I held my hands up, palms facing each other in prayer. The L's rolled off my tongue and took on new depth. They sounded like the echo of a thou*sand birds flapping their wings in the air. The mantra held me and kept me safe, like when a mother holds a child. I was going home to safe territory.

I began to sing songs from my soul, rooted deep within the divine. The songs carried me away with them, teaching me about the universe. At one point I saw the double-helixes of DNA swirling out of my mouth along with the words. Language gave birth to being. That's how I interpreted it anyway. Time was dilating. How long had I been floating on the breath of the universe:

Todd came into the room as I was floating back. "Oh, don't stop sweety. It's beautiful."

I was unsure about singing in front of him, so I backed off a bit. I chanted for a while, trying not to make a fool out of myself. I had to sound like a crazed lunatic, singing gibberish! Every now and then I would look over at him trying to gauge his reaction. He was sitting up, facing me, and getting very into it. His reaction was similar to Half-pints reaction. They were actually enjoying it! When I would stop he would look up disappointed, and think 'start again or 'keep going'. This went on for a while as time slowed.

I started to see holographic symbols, floating in a circle around Todd's head. I had never seen symbols before in a trip. They were translucent almost like glass. Empty space had taken on a form. They constantly rotated, allowing me to see all of their sides. A few of them looked like symbols from the zodiac. Others looked like Sanskrit, or Arabic. Some I have nothing to compare them to. Where did they come from? What did they mean?

Events started to become circular. "I feel like am singing, seeing, and going to the same places over and over again."

"Oh, you're stuck in the loop! It will just keep going, and eventually you'll come out of it." He lay back and closed his eyes.

Around and around I went, time was a circle.

Over and over and over again. Over and over and over again. Over and over and over again. Over and over and over again. Over and over and over again. Over and over and over again.

Finally I popped out the other side. It felt like eons had passed. I lay down beside Todd, cuddling up close to him. He and I were one, one body, one mind. We no longer needed to speak; linguistic devices were a hindrance to us now. We knew each others thoughts as we thought them. We could feel the depth of each other's love. It is an incredible gift from the universe to feel existence with no boundaries or doubts. One soul, at home once again.

We felt as if we knew everything, all the knowledge of the universe was at our fingertips. We were at the top of the cosmos, the simultaneous beginning and end, the eternal godhead. We could see in all directions at once.

My future and past were connected to my dreams. I started having unusual dreams around the age of eight. These dreams would reveal a sequence of events in my future. They were easy to distinguish from normal dreams because they had a different texture. More real. However, I never could tell when in the future they would occur. It could be in one month or two years. Whenever the event sequence did happen though, it felt like a deshavoo. I could see now that this phenomenon was me remembering who I am. Me remembering who and what we all are, divine co-creators.

Then the loop happened again. Around and around and around I went. Over and over and over again. Over and over and over again. Over and over and over again.

Again I came out the other side. This little voice in the back of my head, kept saying "your heart isn't beating right." It was strange. I felt as if my heart would sort of stop and I would roll out, far out into the ocean of the divine. Then I would feel/hear a loud bang and it would start beating again, really fast this time. I would in turn surf back in on the same wave that took me out. This whole sensation happened several times. I rolled in and out with the waves of universal consciousness.

It turns out that Todd actually was beating on my chest. But he didn't tell me about it until I came down. I guess my heart really was stopping, or at least slowing down! I think this is the closest I have ever been to death. There was safety in death, total security. Death is nothing more than a shift of cosmic life energy. Fear filled me and then I would let go, sort of release myself to it. My new/old form, God, overtook me. Love and happiness held me tight. It is almost like a caterpillar hatching out of its cocoon and turning into a butterfly.

"Here sweety, chew this up. It's another Valium. Your heart is beating way to fast. You need to calm down. Try to take deep breathes."

"Okay." I couldn't really talk; I was too high. I tried to breath, deep and slow. It seemed to help a little. I was afraid of overdosing. "It feels like my heart is stopping."

"You're okay, just breath. And drink some of this juice to keep your blood sugar up." He handed me a glass and watched to make sure I didn't drop it.

I drank some of the juice and cuddled up next to him again. How long had we been tripping for? I felt like I was ancient, floating on the cosmic time/space folds. Time and space are illusions, only here for our amusement. At the base of all being we are all one evolving consciousness. And we are all incarnations of that same self-reflecting divinity.

Out of all my journeys, ergot was my most difficult. Conversely, it was my most productive and therefore my best. I had had experiences before that seemed like near death. This time I really felt like I died. When Todd was pounding on my chest, it really felt like my heart was stopping. Despite the fear that it aroused in me, it brought me a sense of calmness. I know what death feels like! It isn't bad at all!

The chalice and prayers peeked my curiousity. Why had he done it this time and no others? What was the meaning of it all? He was so careful with his words, his humble demeanor, and even how he held the chalice as he drank. I had seen communion in church before and knew symbolically this is what he had meant by it all.

Anyhow, the mystery continues.

tregar
#17 Posted : 6/13/2020 4:44:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Norman said:
Quote:
You beat me to it! I was just about to post about the video I saw of her describing the above. I saw it on a website/forum she used to run that was momentarily famous for her trip report involving DMT infused butter, a turkey baster, and her butt. She called it “The Shamanic Colonic”. I wonder if in addition to preserving the LSH, something in wine (acetyldehyde?) deactivates ergot alkaloid nasties. I’ve used cold water, wine, and 12% ethanol solutions on HBWR and wine wins every time for potency and reduced body load.
It looks like we have come to a dream consensus on the recipe, my dream recipe below is very close to yours and recommends ph=4 DL tartaric acidified cold water + 16-18% percent alcohol sherry which also contains natural amounts of acetaldehyde at 300mg/liter. This excess of acetaldehyde theoretically favors the equilibrium conditions in excess to stabilize the unstable or labile Lysergic acid Hydroxyethylamide, theoretically preventing hydrolysis back to LSA plus acetaldehyde in water.

P.S. Vin Mariani wine with coca leaf was drunk by the Pope and Thomas Edison & leagues of famous people back in the 1800's. It consisted of wine with at least an alcohol content of 15% and added coca leaf (coca leaf tea bags soaked in wine) which in vivo (in the liver) turned into coca-ethylene which was orally potent, the secret to it's strong activity was not even discovered until 1994. Sometimes I wonder if the liver also has something to do with improving LSH stability in combination with ethanol & acetaldehyde, which is known to drive acetaldehyde adduct addition formation with tryptophans in an old paper I read once.

Tregar's updated highest potency LSH stable dream recipe for best success:
Quote:

For best success-->a dreamer could dream this recipe:

1. Once MG seed mush has been hammered in-between paper plate and transferred to a coffee grinder to be further ground, then add fine dry seed mush to your jar of fridge cold spring water which has been previously acidified to ph=4 with DL tartaric acid & several drops of peppermint extract (some add chilled peppermint tea instead). Also add sherry wine to the solution & stir it with the peppermint & ph=4 DL tartaric spring water before adding your dry seed mush....all these ingredients will work together to ensure a proven large equilibrium excess of acetaldehyde to stabilize the natural LSH in the seeds. Let sit in fridge around 20 minutes with occasional shaking. Always work under a red-light bulb lamp to prevent light from destroying MG alkaloids.

2. then filter the solution thru a cotton ball in a funnel to get out the debris.

3. Then let it sit in the fridge (to keep cold) until ready to drink in dreams. I usually let mine sit in the fridge a few hours in dreams with shaking once an hour.

4. Draw up some of the solution with a long pipette and dribble it onto a paper plate...take the paper plate into another room with a blacklight and observe the bright beautiful blue glow on the plate.

I do remember 69ron mentioning later on that he got more consistent & reliable results with a Peppermint schnapps dream concoction.

I usually let my filtered solution sit in the fridge a few hours with shaking once an hour until ready to consume in dreams.

Remember in dreams mix your 500ml of cold spring water with a tiny smidgen of DL tartaric acid till ph=4 first (use an $8 ebay digital ph meter, add 10mg powder at a time, do not over-do) then add a few drops of peppermint extract, (some add spring water made chilled peppermint tea) then add a bit of sherry wine, mix it all together, and then add your dry seed mush and shake a bit, put back in fridge to sit around 20 minutes, then filter solution thru a cotton ball in a funnel to get the nauseating to the stomach and intestines debris out, then put filtered solution back in fridge to keep cold.

You can also draw up some of the solution from the fridge with a long pipette or swab it with the end of an ear cleaner and smear it onto the back of a paper plate...take the paper plate into another room with a blacklight and observe the bright beautiful blue glow on the plate.

On average, red wines contain 30 mg/L acetaldehyde, white wine 80 mg/L and sherry 300 mg/L. One shot of sherry (1.25 oz or 37ml will contain 11mg acetaldehyde on average) should be enough for equilibrium excess.

Red wine = 4-212 acetaldehyde mg/L
white wine = 11-493
sweet wine = 188-248
sherry = 90-500
Brandy = 63-308
Cognac = 105

1 seed = approx. 0.01mg LSA (500 seeds = 5mg LSA)

Identification and determination of ergot alkaloids in Morning Glory cutivars:
Quote:
Alkaloids abundance in all 3 HB cultivars is comparable, with most significant difference for LSH (Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide), which varies from 0.54 to 1.71 compound to IS ratio. As has been demonstrated in this study, LSH is a labile compound, and therefore the variances in its concentration may be due to different age and storage conditions of the seeds rather than difference in plant metabolism. Indeed, seeds IT-HB2, which express highest concentration of LSH, were bought directly from the producer, whereas seeds IP-HB1 were purchased in retail stores.

tregar
#18 Posted : 6/14/2020 12:28:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We see from the 2016 "Analytical & Biochemical Chemistry" study that MG seeds from the producer had over 3x the amount of LSH then seeds sitting in retail stores, this is significant! The authors believe the difference from both was not due to plant metabolism, but rather due to age and storage conditions.

This can mean the difference between 500ug and 1500ug of LSH, and we know from TIHKAL that 1500ug of LAE (believed to be very similar to LSH) is stimulating & LSD like, yet shorter lived.

I recommended that if you grow your own plants (I add 1 tablespoon of miracle grow crystals to 1 gallon watering can with spout) to feed at the beginning of planting, then once a month only thereafter, you will have monstrous Heavenly Blue MG plants like I grow, which produce seeds of high potency based on my experiences (see my few dreams above) which is why I recommend after collecting them from the pods, to vacuum pack and freeze them, so they will retain their fresh activity for years. Modern day food savers are less than fifty dollars. If you can't grown them, then at least in dreams obtain them from the grower/distributor, for example, there are certain growers on-line with over 350 reviews on heavenly blue MG alone.

Dreamed Ayahuasca 65 times (Antipodes of the Mind is the best book on Ayahuasca imho) & cactus/Hofmann's potion hundreds of times in the distant past yet MG only 3 times (all fresh), but those 3 dreams were powerful. Long ago, used to stretch cactus dreams out (dosed w/tea amount in dreams corresponding to perhaps 300 to 400mg) by dreaming it with Hofmann's potion. Never preferred Hofmann's potion much on it's own, but in combo with cactus, extraordinary and the visions with closed eyes unbelievable, even many hours later before falling to sleep, still CE visions going on and on.

MG might possibly add new dimensions and headspace in combination with other entheogens, as we know the semi-synthetic LSD has good activity at A2A but zero activity at A2B & A2C. I have examined the receptorome for natural LSA related alkaloids in the past and remember viewing significant activity at A2A, A2B and A2C (adrenal receptor sites in the brain believed to be associated with love, beauty & euphoric feelings). Ayahuasca, cactus & shrooms have great activity at A2A, A2B & A2C as well. LSD imho seems to be more analytical and has less of an aesthetic component compared to the natural entheogens, which is why LSH and other alkaloids in MG seeds may just add new dimensions & headspace to the experience, possibly even expanding upon the visuals & visions. Many have mentioned increased feelings of closeness with nature and high levels of euphoria.

tregar
#19 Posted : 6/14/2020 9:45:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can theoretically prevent or reverse the hydrolysis/decomposition of LSH back to LSA plus acetaldehyde (shown in image below) following recipe/procedures above. This has resulted in 2 successful stimulating (non sedating) & powerful entheogenic experiments/experiences described in Trip report section, also see reports from 69ron, Kash, polytrip, Jamie, etc.

Chemist Peter Webster:
Quote:
Some researchers believe that perhaps all the content of MG seeds exists as the d-hydroxyethylamide, and it is the extraction/purification/testing procedures which then produce the APPARENT result that the alkaloids are ergine, isoergine, and maybe still some hydroxyethylamide.
I would like to think that with the recipe given in this paper, that acetaldehyde adducts are indeed forming with the high amounts of ergine & ergometrine alkaloids in the seeds, just as Peter Webster claims that "LSH is a labile adduct of LSA and acetaldehyde." Perhaps then most of the content in the seeds is indeed forming as the d-hydroxyethylamide. This would explain the high potency & stimulation (lack of sedation) of the recipe when consumed in dreams.

Images from the fascinating recent 2016 Analytical & Biochemical Chemistry study on morning glory seeds:

1) Effect of LSH decomposition after the MAE extraction of 10 mg of IT-HB1 seed sample, supported with hypothesized LSH to ergine (LSA) reorganization mechanism. It was hypothesized that LSH molecule rearranges into ergine (LSA) due to too aggressive ionization conditions (see figure) in a similar way that was described by Paulke et al. [17].

2) Analysis of extract of seeds from retail store

3) Levels of alkaloids found in seeds.

The end.
1.jpg (74kb) downloaded 587 time(s).
2.jpg (54kb) downloaded 586 time(s).
3.JPG (48kb) downloaded 587 time(s).

dragonrider
#20 Posted : 6/14/2020 10:49:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you think it is possible to form LSH analogues, using this method?

123NEXT»