We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Gravity, Entropy and the Mandelbrot Set" Jonathan J. Dickau Options

cubeananda
#1 Posted : 6/4/2020 8:54:54 AM

jai

I have stumbled upon this paper in the course of casual, aesthetic fractal art and the related forums on which the author has engaged in discourse with the fractal community members here stating:
Quote:

The Mandelbrot Set extended into the octonions mimics Cartan's rolling-ball model for Lie group G2 - which is the automorphism group for the octonions. In terms of group structure, G2 is the smallest exceptional Lie group, where the others F4, E6, E7, and E8 all have larger symmetries. Kricker and Joshi explored how the Mandelbrot extended to 8-d could help map where quadratic functions are associative or non-associative in the octonion domain. But if the Math folks can show there is a non-trivial reason for the Mandelbrot-G2 connection; this would point to a geometric way to collapse the String theory landscape along lines recently suggested in papers by Cumrun Vafa with collaborators including Steinhardt.

So it is a work in progress. Intrepid souls will be needed to help crack that nut.

Regards,

Jonathan

I am assuming that the Math folks hes referring to are in reference to Wolfram's recent advancments, and the call for the community to collaborate but please correct me If im wrong. I felt it is a good enough paper to post here, to gauge the opinion of nexus community members.Twisted Evil

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!