We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Biotransformation of MiPT to 4-HO-MiPT Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 5/23/2020 10:59:28 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

after much contemplation, I finally got around to prepping PFtek jars with 15 mM MiPT (made from tryptamine, derived from tryptophan) as an experimental group, and a control group without MiPT. Characterization will be by HPLC-UV-MS.

https://www.reddit.com/r...ansformation_of_mipt_to/
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 5/23/2020 11:20:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would this work as well with organisms that produce bufotenin?

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 5/23/2020 11:26:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dragonrider wrote:
Would this work as well with organisms that produce bufotenin?

Maybe not. The 5-hydroxylation of tryptophan occurs before decarboxylation in that pathway, I think. Not much is known about the isopropyl analogue of bufotenine.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

benzyme
#4 Posted : 5/25/2020 3:33:16 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Big grin

Thanks for the support. It's been discussed before, I'm just fortunate of having the means of characterizing the end products. LCMS determination of psilocin/psilocybin in mushrooms is something I'm no stranger to, and I have spectra for the MiPT.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#5 Posted : 8/15/2020 7:27:56 PM

analytical chemist

welp, those spores were nonviable. I just innoc'd some jars with a new syringe (most vendors have opted for syringes vs. prints), with 20 mM MiPT, and a control jar.

I also ordered a syringe, and a print, of c.cyanescens. That species may particularly have stronger expression of PsiH, a gene which encodes for tryptamine-4-monooxygenase (a CYP450 enzyme, nonspecific oxidoreductase). Said gene was only recently characterized, by Fricke et. al, 2017.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 12/6/2020 5:38:02 PM

analytical chemist

Confused
benzyme attached the following image(s):
control.jpg (343kb) downloaded 67 time(s).
experimental.JPG (204kb) downloaded 65 time(s).

RoundAbout
#7 Posted : 12/6/2020 10:00:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess the main peak in the control is a fragment from the alpha cleavage of psilocybin, but what are the main peaks in the experimental? Out of curiousity...

benzyme
#8 Posted : 12/7/2020 12:08:27 AM

analytical chemist

RoundAbout wrote:
I guess the main peak in the control is a fragment from the alpha cleavage of psilocybin, but what are the main peaks in the experimental? Out of curiousity...

your guess is as good as mine. I didn't run any standards