We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca tek: Caapi & Hawaiian psychotria Options

tregar
#1 Posted : 5/19/2020 2:08:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having dreamed Caapi + hawaiian psychotria over 65 times in dreams over the years, would like to share this tek. With this method there is no purging in dreams/no intestinal nausea. This does not of course eliminate nausea in the brain which can result from dreaming too much leaf (too strong). This was learned from Sync and Meteor back in the day who used hand vacuum pumps to filter, but a cotton ball in a funnel is much quicker and easier and works even better.

Examine where the leaf is from: are the chacruna leaves from Peru or South America? I've never had much luck with any South American psychotria in dreams, it's weak, you would be better off with Hawaiian psychotria if you can find it, never fails to impress for a 3 hour moderate to strong journey in dreams. If you dream South American leaf, you may need twice as much. 20 to 35 grams of Hawaiian chacruna should be just fine, sometimes less than that. Best thing to do is brew 25 grams of it to start. Psychotria is dreamed by the UDV, Santo Daime, and Shuar Indian, and Benny Shanon [author of 'Antipodes of the Mind']...very traditional and safe. Amount of bitterness detected by the taste buds will give a fair indication of just how strong the leaf is.

Always brew 1st (30 minutes is plenty on high heat if you 1st chop down the leaf into tiny pieces in a blender, no added acid or vit c of any kind is needed), then filter the leaf out of the liquid with (1) wire basket, (2) coffee cone made of fine wires, ending filtering with a (3) cotton ball stuffed in a funnel...then you reduce down the liquid at the end to around 2 to 3oz. Always filter first, then reduce...not the other way around.

Details on filtering: Filter the psychotria liquid thru a (1) wire strainer, then a (2) coffee cone basket made out of fine wires, and then thru a (3) cotton ball in a large clean funnel to make it sediment free which reduces or eliminates nausea to the intestines...have two of these funnels with a cotton ball stuffed in them sitting in a large tall jar sitting side by side so that you can pour off liquid from funnel into adjacent "funnel in a jar" to continue filtering once the 1st jar's cotton clogs up or slows down the flow too much, continue pouring off the funnel's contents back and forth changing out the cotton when or if it clogs.

The same method works for filtering caapi. If you don't have the time or energy for caapi shredding and boiling, there are hundreds of different caapi extracts out there as well that can be dreamed in place. Caapi is more stable in it's alkaloid content which does not vary from morning to night like psychotria -- which can vary a bit depending on what time of the day it is picked (morning is best).

Pictures:

Left: freshly brewed and filtered thru strainer & cotton balls.

Right: after sitting in fridge x 3 days. Keep top transparent orangish liquid, and throw bottom 1/2" layer of mud/particles away.

Artwork: Li Lian Kolster "Medicine Birds"

1. Filter thru wire strainer

2. Filter thru coffee wire basket

3. Filter thru funnel with a cotton ball stuffed in it

Following this procedure in dreams will yield Ayahuasca with zero nausea and a grand 3 hour experience that is out of this world. Using too much leaf (above 35 grams of Hawaiian psychotria is way beyond a plus 5 experience and will cause nausea in the brain (not stomach) just because the actives are way too high, keep on the low to moderate strength side with the leaf (20 to 35g leaf) for a zero nausea experience. Hate nausea myself, and have never thrown up in over 60 times have prepared Aya this way in dreams, nor have had to sit on toilet, get rid of the mud and particles that are nauseating to the intestines with this method outlined, and you are good to go, learned it from Sync and Meteor back in the day. Aya is very trippy, so be prepared.

Part 2: Hot liquid leaf tea vs xtals (quotes from Palmer)

A reason the traditional hot brewed reduced down liquid leaf form in dreams is superior quality and strength wise as compared to xtals...perhaps due to dynamics of digestion & the gall bladder, liquid hot salt form, etc, we may never understand why:

From "Articulations, On the Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics" (2015) by Julian Palmer:
Quote:
Modern day researchers, spearheaded by people such as myself, have realized that Jonathan Ott's calculations fall short of what most explorers need for a truly visionary experience. Even with a strong harmine/Banisteriopsis caapi dosage, 30-60mg of dmt is not sufficient to produce significant visionary effects in most people. So if fact, a dosage of 30-40mg of dmt is where tryptamine-like effects just begin to occur for most people, and 10-25mg dmt is not really noticeable above the gentle psychoactive effects of the harmine.

Each person is different and for some rare individuals, 30-40mg may be about as much dmt as they wish to take--but most people need at least 60-80mg for sufficient psychoactive effects and even at this dosage, you generally cannot expect a full-blown visionary experience, even when using a strong dose of 4 grams of syrian rue or 100 grams of strong caapi vine. Also, it should be pointed out that going beyond 4 grams of syrian rue (around 200-280mg of harmaline) or 100 grams of strong caapi vine (150--250mg of harmine) can increase the negative effects of these beta-carbolines--which include a feeling of heaviness, pressure in the head, inability to walk properly, more purging and perhaps more of an emphasis on bodily processes.

An oral dosage of 100mg of dmt is where the visionary qualities really begin to occur, for most people say when they are taking 3 grams of syrian rue or 80 grams of strong vine, and in context, 40-60 grams of strong vine is enough to fully mao inhibit most people.

I would say to neophyte explorers to tread carefully, and to slowly increase your dmt dosage in increments: perhaps starting at 60mg, going to 100mg, then 150mg. Some people are going to find 100mg of dmt to be exceedingly strong, and it will perhaps give them an experience they did not feel ready for.

It came to my attention after an embarrassing number of years, that taking freebase crystal DMT orally was not as potent, colourful, or clear as taking the equivalent amount of DMT in a tea that was brewed from the plant. For many years, I couldn't see how there could be a difference, but after doing some comparisons, it was obvious that the tea was much better, and the experiences resulting from the crystalline extract were inferior.

You could take twice or even three times as much DMT crystal as the equivalent in brew, and the experience from the crystal would never be as bright or full as that from the tea. Why could this be?

With extracted dmt, with chemicals used it would appear that some dimensions and qualities of the tryptamine molecules are compromised. Also, there is the factor of isolating the alkaloids from the rest of the plant. For example, there are very few people who say that extracted pure mescaline from the cactus is as potent of full bodied compared to when they take the tea made from the cactus flesh.

When making a tea from the whole plant, you are extracting the essence of the plant intelligence from its very flesh, not just isolating the alkaloids. In the alchemic method "Spagyrics" developed by Paracelsus, often considered the father of modern medicine, the ashes of the plant are commonly burnt and then blended back into an alcohol-extracted tincture. Friends who have experimented with this procedure report that a Spagyric tincture of Ayahuasca is much more potent than a normal tea prepared from the same amount of Ayahuasca vine.

Contents of Visions:

Concluding Remarks from Benny Shanon on chapter "Contents of Visions" from the classic "Antipodes of the Mind, Charting the Phenomenology of the Ayahuasca Experience":
Quote:
Having focused on details, let me now take a broader perspective and comment on the global picture that emerges from the foregoing survey. In their totality, the data we have surveyed define the semantic space of the visions seen with Ayahuasca. Embracing an alternative world-view, these data may also be regarded as defining what traditional users refer to as 'the world of Ayahuasca'. The semantic space, or world, in question comprises four main domains.

The first is the domain of nature. As noted throughout the foregoing discussion, animals especially serpents, felines, and birds are some of the most common items in the visions. Natural landscapes and scenes of forests and gardens are also very common. Also common are scenes of heavenly bodies and the far reaches of the cosmos.

The second domain is that of culture. Its prime manifestations are magnificent cities, the majesty of the royal, various products of artistic creation, religion, and magic. Usually, what are seen in the visions are not contents pertaining to the drinker's own socio-cultural milieu but rather ones associated with ancient civilizations. The majority of the constructions, objects, and artefacts that appear in the visions are either precious or wonderfully ornate or both. Further, most of the buildings seen in the visions are palaces or temples, and many of the human beings are either kings and queens or religious figures and persons with spiritual prominence.

Third is the domain of fantasy. It comprises enchanted and magical lands and it is populated by all sorts of creatures which are neither human beings nor naturalistic animals. As just indicated, the objects and scenes that appear in the visions are usually not mundane; often they are associated with mythology, fairy tales, and magic.

Fourth is the domain of the spiritual and the supernatural. Ayahuasca visions often reveal before one celestial and heavenly realms. In these, divine and semi divine beings often appear. The supernatural domain is usually associated with spiritual and metaphysical meanings. Related to this domain are the items and scenes pertaining to death.

In addition to the specific contents that are typical to them, Ayahuasca visions are also characterized by the extraordinary beauty that they manifest. Time and again, drinkers report that what they see in Ayahuasca visions surpasses in magnificence anything they have ever seen either in reality or in works of art. As further indicated above, objects and artefacts that appear in these visions are usually extremely rich and wonderfully ornate. Many of the landscapes are fantastic, and even when strictly speaking they are utterly naturalistic, the landscapes often emanate special qualities such as eternal presence, divine bounty, or pristine meaningfulness. And then, when the visions lead one upwards, to the realms of the planets and beyond, what one sees can be utterly stupefying. Not infrequently a point is reached when the marvel is such that one feels that what is presented before one is overwhelming and that its scrutiny is beyond the grasp of one's human cognitive faculties. In the literature, the word 'ineffable' is often used, marking the limitedness of language. At times, however, one also experiences the limitedness of one's mind and one's heart. Especially powerful visions may impress one as being totally beyond one's mental reach. On such occasions, one feels that what one sees is too wondrous to be grasped and one finds that one's mind simply cannot contain the marvels revealed to one. In extreme cases one may feel it is too painful to watch what the visions present it is all just too sublime, above and beyond the realm of the human.

Having said all this, let me also note that what may be seen in Ayahuasca visions is, in principle, unbounded essentially, there is no limit to it. The unboundedness pertains to both the types of content seen and to the tokens (that is, specific instantiations) of these types. With respect to the types, let me cite what, on two different occasions, I have been told by two very experienced drinkers. Checking whether they had seen the various items on my structured questionnaire, these informants answered in the affirmative for all items queried. Doing this, they smiled and said 'Well, you see, I have seen everything.' With respect to the tokens, the unboundedness manifests itself in people never seeing the same vision twice.

I say this both on the basis of my own experiences with Ayahuasca and the repeated observations of many other individuals; no one has ever reported a case that counters this generalization. The generalization holds even though there are many items that are especially common in Ayahuasca visions. In terms of their type, the items seen do exhibit various patterned regularities, but the tokens associated with these content types display unbounded variation. Thus, I have seen palaces and interior decorations thereof many, many times; yet, each vision of these was totally novel not even twice did I see the same building or decoration. Coupled with the fantastic nature of the contents of the visions and their extraordinary magnificence, I find this state of affairs to be truly remarkable.

In sum, all things imaginable and non-imaginable can be seen with Ayahuasca. One can see all the moments of one's life, all the people and places that one knows, Nature and the Cosmos in all their manifestations, human history and the different cultures that it has and has not produced, and scenes that lead one above the planet, to the far reaches of the cosmos, to the heavens. One can see the inner parts of one's body and the deeper strata of one's soul, one can encounter the infinite richness of myth and fantasy, meet fairies and dragons, angels and devils, taste the nectars of the Eternal, be washed by the bounty of the Supreme Good, witness the perennial light, encounter the Divine.

From Gayle Highpine, "Unraveling the Mystery of the Origin of Ayahuasca":
http://www.ayahuasca.com...the-origin-of-ayahuasca/
hxxp://www.ayahuasca.com/amazon/botany-ecology/unraveling-the-mystery-of-the-origin-of-ayahuasca/
Quote:

In the western world, Ayahuasca acquired a new definition: It was now, by definition, the combination of Banisteriopsis caapi and a DMT-containing plant. Ayahuasca became, by definition, “orally active DMT.” The first anthropologist to adopt the new definition seems to have been Luis Eduardo Luna in 1984. Luna spent time with Terence McKenna, absorbing his perspective, before beginning his fieldwork. Since then, anthropologists have increasingly adopted this definition and filtered their observations through it. The preeminence of the Ayahuasca vine in the indigenous Amazonian world became the elephant in the living room of Ayahuasca studies, with a tacit agreement to pretend it doesn’t exist.

The leaves were Ayahuasca’s “helpers,” I was told, and their purpose was to “brighten and clarify” the visions. The vine is like a cave, and the leaf is like a torch you use to see what is inside the cave. The vine is like a book, and the leaf is like the candle you use to read the book. The vine is like a snowy television set, and the leaf helps to tune in the picture. There was a subtle attitude that the need for strong leaf was the sign of a beginner: An experienced ayahuasquero could see the visions even in low light

Ayahuasca vine is not visionary in the same way as DMT. The leaf helps illuminate the content, but the teachings are credited to the vine. Vine visions are “frequently associated with writing, to a code that is present in visions…or in the ‘books’ where the spirits keep the secrets of the forest.” The vine is The Teacher, The Healer, The Guide. The purpose of drinking Ayahuasca is to receive the message the vine imparts. This is why it is the vine, not the leaf, that is classified by the type of vision it gives. “For them the vine is, in truth, a living guide, a friend, a paternal authority”.

Listening to the Vine

While I was living in the village, someone began the process of shamanic apprenticeship. There was a series of ceremonies with brews of special strength for that purpose; brews with enormous quantities of vine. About two to three pounds of fresh vine per person was used (about 25 to 35 times the amount needed for MAOI inhibition). Those were powerful experiences indeed.

He would learn to navigate the strongest of brews with clear focus, and be undistracted by any amount of DMT fireworks.

tregar attached the following image(s):
aya jar 2.jpg (28kb) downloaded 195 time(s).
Li-Lian-Kolster-_Medicine-Birds_.jpg (84kb) downloaded 197 time(s).
aya wire strainer.jpg (6kb) downloaded 191 time(s).
aya wire coffee basket cone.jpg (5kb) downloaded 192 time(s).
aya wire funnel.jpg (5kb) downloaded 191 time(s).
aya book.jpg (12kb) downloaded 192 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

tregar
#2 Posted : 5/19/2020 4:26:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hawaiian leaf
leaf.jpg (85kb) downloaded 180 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Matoskah
#3 Posted : 5/21/2020 12:19:53 PM

White bear

Quote:
He would learn to navigate the strongest of brews with clear focus, and be undistracted by any amount of DMT fireworks.

I'm hesitant to believe that anyone could have a clear focus with high amounts of DMT.

Is the word "dream" used as a substitute for trip/experience?

Eaglepath
#4 Posted : 5/21/2020 1:22:46 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

That's what weeds out the rest from a real Shaman!Wink

You have to with Muay Thai concentration.. Yoga relaxation.. be willing to die.. be willing to sacrifice your body.. yourself.. your mind... Get over all your passions.. all your fear.. laugh the devil in the face... Then find a point when you have dissolved yourself into Ayahuasca find a spot.. hold on to that spot for dear life... Say no to stunning visuals... Say no to enlightening messages.. just be stubborn enough and don't settle for anything less then God himself..! Push push push.. relax relax relax... Push push push.. then bloom like a Lotus!!Love
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

tregar
#5 Posted : 5/21/2020 2:46:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to hear from you Eaglepath. Matoskah: Hi and thanks for question. The "dream-like visions" all stem from the Caapi, which is the "main course" of the journey. The visions from the vine are visible without any admixture (especially if the Caapi is a good high dosage = around 1.5 doses of vine). Adding admixture psychotria leaf provides color to the visions and lights them up even more, and also provides additional psychedelic alterations to the journey in process as expected. See post "Hours of vine only visions" for more on this topic, and read Gayle Highpine's excellent article from beginning to end -- which contain valuable insights into the vine only brews.

Hours of Vine only visions within (Vine only brews topic):
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=93070
hxxps://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=93070

Look at the color paintings of Pablo Amaringo, this is what the visions look like when colorized and lit up. But the leaf is not necessary, Ayahuasca is still considered the brew of the Caapi whether with leaf or not. Just as Gayle Highpine writes above, the Caapi is the teacher, the Spirit, the point of drinking Ayahuasca is to receive the divine visions and teachings the vine passes on. Mind and thoughts are quieted during the session, and a higher meditative state (brain waves are altered) is created by the vine so that the higher self is immersed in "being" in the present moment, a divine state beyond the mind and thoughts.

Updated notes: Have posted this tek a couple times here in one form or another, forgive me if you have read parts of it already, updated to include the latest find: freeze the jar shown in pic for a day after brewing (this will help all the tiny particles to fall out to the very bottom when put in fridge), then transfer to fridge, all the remaining tiny particles of mud/debris that was not caught by the triple filtering will fall to the very bottom of jar after being in fridge for 3 days, decant off the top orange layer above the mud, that is the good stuff, there is nothing of value in the mud. If you do not put in the freezer for a day, but just transfer straight to the fridge...there is the possibility that the particles will not fall all the way to the bottom, but sort of linger "near" the bottom as a string like consistency have noticed.

So then --> after brewing: transfer to freezer for a day-->then put in fridge for 3 days, all the invisible mud particles that the filtering did not remove will then congregate at the very bottom of jar as shown in pic in post #1. Keep only the orange liquid--it contains all the actives--there are no actives in the dark mud in bottom 1/2" layer. The jar used is/was a 1/2 pint jar jar, you can find these at wal*art or elsewhere in the food saver isle usually.

What Julian Palmer states above is true--the actual plant based admixture brew (added to the Caapi and drank at the exact same time just as the Shaman's do) is way more colorful, immersive, and potent then an extraction of even 2 to 3 times the same amount of xtals that would have been found in the plant admixture naturally. This is something that took him years to write about but was painfully obvious after comparing the two many times, this has partly to do with the dynamics of digestion and is a mystery that may take a long time to solve.

tregar
#6 Posted : 5/31/2020 4:10:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just finished reading Daniel Pinchbeck's latest book on Ayahuasca, "When Plants Dream". Brilliant book. Highly recommended.

Page 20:
Quote:
The psychoactivity of Ayahuasca kicks in 30-45 minutes after ingestion, marked by nausea and shifts in spatial and sensory perception. Sounds may echo, distances between objects become warped, and often intricate patterning develops with eyes open or closed. Body temperature dramatically fluctuates, people recall memories--and some just fall asleep. "The brew has significant affective effects: after an initial phase of terror, one usually experiences great tranquility that often leads to euphoria and a sense of deep self-fulfillment and profound happiness" writes cognitive psychologist and philosopher, Benny Shanon, in his 1997 article "A cognitive-psychological study of Ayahuasca."
Well said, totally agree. Initial onslaught of terror which transitions to euphoria, deep self-fulfillment & profound happiness, could not have said it better myself.

Authors Sophia Rokhlin & Daniel Pinchbeck below
book 1.jpg (18kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
sr jpeg.JPG (84kb) downloaded 98 time(s).
dp.JPG (25kb) downloaded 94 time(s).

VibeSurfer
#7 Posted : 5/31/2020 4:23:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
That's what weeds out the rest from a real Shaman!Wink

You have to with Muay Thai concentration.. Yoga relaxation.. be willing to die.. be willing to sacrifice your body.. yourself.. your mind... Get over all your passions.. all your fear.. laugh the devil in the face... Then find a point when you have dissolved yourself into Ayahuasca find a spot.. hold on to that spot for dear life... Say no to stunning visuals... Say no to enlightening messages.. just be stubborn enough and don't settle for anything less then God himself..! Push push push.. relax relax relax... Push push push.. then bloom like a Lotus!!Love

Eaglepath I have to say I always love reading your comments about Ayahuasca Love Thumbs up
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo