We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A challenging second breakthrough Options

crowbar
#1 Posted : 5/6/2020 10:28:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I would like to start by thanking this community without which I would never have crossed the Chrysanthemum.

Before I delve into my second breakthrough, I'd like to briefly introduce myself. I did my first extractions a couple months ago. Cyb's salt hybrid max-ion tek worked best for me, giving me around 1.5% yield. I bought a Yocan as my first vape, had a couple sub-breakthroughs before I could finally find myself on the other side. It felt like dying with my consciousness intact and observing everything from a distance. I didn't encounter any entities and could only draw little meaning from my first breakthrough experience. Also, after reading the e-mesh thread here, I felt that my Yocan was inefficient and I invested in the e-mesh setup with which I had a couple break-in experiences.

Hours ago, I loaded my Aegis solo with a 45mg, this was my first attempt at a breakthrough with the e-mesh setup (thanks to OmShanti, Propello and SomeOne foe this tek). I calmed my nerves and then cleared the mesh in one hit and counted for 20 seconds with my heartbeat, before exhaling, but only experienced threshold effects. Having only a small atomizer cap to my Wotofo Profile RDA, I had loaded the mesh by repeatedly melting the deems. I don't know what went wrong here, I had had stronger effects with lower doses using this setup previously.

Having made my intent to travel this night, I loaded my Yocan with a 50mg for a second attempt at breakthrough. I sat down at my couch and took one long hit, keeping it in for nearly 15 seconds. I felt the carrier ringing noise in my ears start to increase as I was transported to the other side. I saw all sorts of colors fuse into magical shapes, I knew I had broken through. I found myself seated in the midst of what was an ineffable surrounding. I only vaguely remember the things I saw. I think I saw a few entities pass by, most distinctly remembering the shape of a hand move by (but never a face) as the entity ran past. But I felt another presence near me which I never could see. Next thing I remember is that I was feeling extremely nauseated, and dry heaving. At one point, I urged to rush myself to the bathroom, but I controlled myself trying not giving chi to the thought of nausea. It felt as though I was being shaken as the nausea became stronger. I tried to control myself the best I could and joined my hands as the pukish feeling faded away. Shortly after, I felt like a box closed out on me and I was thrown out of the magical realm. I still took a while to come down completely, but I was back.

I hadn't eaten in the past 10 hours before smoking, but I think the food I ate before might have been a problem as I still feel my stomach is a little upset. But reading about other people being denied breakthroughs, I feel like this might have been a signal saying I'm not ready yet? Nothing about the trip was essentially "dark" other than the very uncomfortable nausea.

I'm not sure on how to process this. Any help would be appreciated. Smile

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

OliverJ
#2 Posted : 5/6/2020 12:07:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you had sensations of Nausea in previous experiences?

Potentially a fairly big amount of DMT to blast through right, compared to previous?

Could the intensity of the experience have caused the nausea? It's an incredibly alien experience. Personally, I find it can feel quite uncomfortable sometimes, physically (and mentally Big grin )

From my understanding, vaping without an MAOI, I don't think there can be any significant interaction with food. Last weekend I did Ayahuasca after having a Papa Johns pizza - it was a lovely experience - personally I don't believe too much in the "dieta" thing.

There may not have been a particular reason that you had a challenging experience. I don't know if you need to say to yourself you aren't ready... (Can you ever be really?) I can tell you that challenging experiences can and do happen to us randomly. You can have 20 great beautiful trips and then get smacked with something you dont understand or expect at any time. It doesn't mean you aren't ready.

Oh, and welcome by the way!!

crowbar
#3 Posted : 5/6/2020 6:40:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

OliverJ wrote:
Have you had sensations of Nausea in previous experiences?

Potentially a fairly big amount of DMT to blast through right, compared to previous?

Could the intensity of the experience have caused the nausea? It's an incredibly alien experience. Personally, I find it can feel quite uncomfortable sometimes, physically (and mentally Big grin )

From my understanding, vaping without an MAOI, I don't think there can be any significant interaction with food. Last weekend I did Ayahuasca after having a Papa Johns pizza - it was a lovely experience - personally I don't believe too much in the "dieta" thing.

There may not have been a particular reason that you had a challenging experience. I don't know if you need to say to yourself you aren't ready... (Can you ever be really?) I can tell you that challenging experiences can and do happen to us randomly. You can have 20 great beautiful trips and then get smacked with something you dont understand or expect at any time. It doesn't mean you aren't ready.

Oh, and welcome by the way!!

Thanks OliverJ for the reply and welcome. Smile

No, I haven't had any nauseous feeling with my previous travels. In fact, my first breakthrough left me with absolutely no bodily sensations, to the extent that I couldn't even tell if my mouth was open or closed without moving my jaw. It felt as though my mind had survived after my body died.

Yes, 50mg might have been high, but I chose a higher amount to balance Yocan's potential inefficiency.

Yes, I think the intensity of the experience combinedly with my slightly upset stomach might have something to do with the nausea, akin to a rollercoaster experience.

You may be right, this might just have been a one-off, but I would like to treat the realm of the Gods with respect and pay attention to any signs that say I am not ready. Love