We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Brew concentration Options

dithyramb
#1 Posted : 5/2/2020 12:16:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone

I was wondering how higher or lower concentrations of alkaloids affect the medicine. Do the dmt or harmalas start to precipitate at some point? And is there a sweet spot where the medicine is best received by the body, in your experience?
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 5/2/2020 5:41:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I have absolutely 0 experience with any Brew, but still regarding precipitation this wont ever happen, realistically, as these molecules are dissolved in their ionic form and ionized small organic molecules usually have an extremely high solubility in water. And your other question is about an optimal concentration of the active ingredients, where the effect on the body may be maximized?

I don't think that there might be any optimum of this, it should just be still conveniently administrable. The lower volume, the less you would have to drink, but then also the taste may become overly bitter, if you concentrate it down as much as even possible. So I would simply not use an overly small volume or excessivly high volume and everything inbetween should be just applied to your personal desire.

Eaglepath
#3 Posted : 5/3/2020 4:48:42 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

I've seen everything served from full drink glasses to thick syrup on a spoon.. personally I prefer 5cl a cup. (Full amount 10cl)

My theory is that a somewhat concentrated brew is better for the reason that it seem to jump start the stomache in someway. But zero evidence for that.
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

dithyramb
#4 Posted : 5/3/2020 10:35:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot guys.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Jees
#5 Posted : 5/4/2020 9:07:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
...My theory is that a somewhat concentrated brew is better for the reason that it seem to jump start the stomache in someway. But zero evidence for that.
How about a concentrated brew being more intensely absorbed by the lining tissues in the mouth, mucous membranes and throat (and stomach walls?). Depends on how much one flushes after drinking brew, but if there is no flush (I drank always aya without an after flushing shot, yuk) then there can be slight partial absorption before it gets assimilated by the digestive system deep down.

Often had a two stage trippy feeling. One that quickly came after the drink say 30 mins after drink making me think ohh it's already started. Than a milder plateau that indicate the real session had not started yet. Then after 1 to 2 hours the real session which is another ball game.

If my suspicion is correct then a more concentrated brew might lead to a more profound first stage.

Eaglepath
#6 Posted : 5/4/2020 9:42:50 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

No I think you have a point here Jees.. the same mystery occurs after you have had a violent shit.. the trip sometimes can throw in the second gear.. the walls of the ass absorbs the rest of the alkaloids or something( don't wanna go into this more we just leave it here) haha..

In the end it's like a shot of Vodka compared to a glass of wine or a bottle of beer.. all the three is just of different charactersPleased

And I like when you feel the concentrated texture in the mouth.. every time it's like: oh shit.. this is gonna be strooong! Hahaha
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath