We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A Comprehensive Guide to "The Machine" and its Offspring Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 1/21/2010 9:30:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

May I suggest making this a sticky and possibly merging all threads regarding "The Machine" in particular and in general (threads asking how to make one, etc.)?

Enjoy! If there's anything that needs editing in the article, feel free to do it yourself or make a suggestion here.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

amor_fati
#2 Posted : 1/25/2010 6:24:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I'll be implementing some of this into the article.

WSaged wrote:
biopsylo wrote:

i had a question about melting the spice prior to putting it in the bubbler...is swiy saying to 'melt' this into the mesh before attempting to vaporise? wouldn't this lead to loss of vapor to atmosphere? what if one has flaky crystals, do they 'melt' without giving off vapor?

If you do it correctly (and this may take a few times to learn well), you shouldn't loose anything at all while pre-melting the spice into the Brillo.
I "watch" for the smell...which will show itself right before the vapor starts to form...as I melt it, if I start to get a whiff of that distinctive DMT vapor scent, I'll blow gently on the top of the bowl to help cool it down quickly.

You should not let it get hot enough for the vapor to begin forming!!
Just hot enough for the crystals to start melting!!...then take the heat away & just let them finish melting in on their own!
The type/size/shape of crystals doesn't matter at all, except that smaller "flaky crystals" will obviously melt much faster than 1 or 2 larger, solid, crystal formations.
So you just warm the bowl for less time.

*Basically, you clean your Brillo (metal mesh scrubber) to prepare it (check the Wiki) & stuff it in the bowl, rather tightly...but not so tight it restricts air flow.
*I twist it into a thin tube about an inch long, before putting it in a bowl, then I'll make a loose coil with it, as I stuff it into the bowl.
*Then I'll use the flat end of a long, round object...like the end of a pen or something...to stuff it tightly into the bowl.

*TIP*I try to leave at least a 1/4 inch of space between the top of the Brillo & the top edge, or "lip" of the bowl. So when the dose is placed on top of the Brillo, it will not fall off, or anything like that, because there is a cup-like wall around the surface of the Brillo stuffed in the bowl. Makes everything easier!
(The bowl I use is actually quite deep & works very well for this!)

*The pre-measured dose is then placed on top of the Brillo to start the melting.
Sometimes with the smaller, "flaky" crystals, you may need to do this a little at a time, since they take up more physical surface area then 1 or 2 bigger, solid crystal formations & usually look like way more then 50mg to the eye...but measure just the same. So in this case, I'll put like half the dose on the Brillo & melt it in, as it is melting, I'll keep adding a little more of the crystals, until the entire dose is in the Brillo.

*To start the melting, I'll use a torch lighter around the outside of the glass bowl, to heat the bottom area of the glass bowl where the Brillo is located, but not the top area, where the unmelted DMT is.
I'll constantly move the flame side to side, across the bottom of the glass bowl, while I constantly turn the bowl 360 degrees to make sure that the Glass bowl & the Brillo inside are heating up evenly on all sides of the metal mesh.
*AS SOON AS I SEE THE CRYSTALS START TO TURN INTO OIL...OR GET A WHIFF OF THAT DISTINCT DMT SCENT...I IMMEDIATELY TAKE THE FLAME AWAY & LET THE CRYSTALS CONTINUE TO MELT INTO THE BRILLO BY THEMSELVES!!!!!
*To help cool it down, if I do smell that smell, I'll gently blow a little cool air down into the bowl & onto the top of the Brillo.
(BTW, at this point even the crystals that haven't fully melted down into the Brillo, are melted into each other & to the DMT that is down in the Brillo, so none of the goods tend to waif out of the bowl when I blow in there)
*REMEMBER: after you take the flame away from the outside of the bowl, the Brillo is still absorbing the heat from the glass, so wait until the melting has definitely stopped, before heating up the glass again to continue melting.

*Once the entire dose is loaded into the Brillo, I usually let it cool down completely before vaporizing it. This seems to help it to not just run out the bottom & into the stem of the bowl.
(BTW, this is not really a problem I've ever had (although I've read other people mention it) & I think it has more to do with the way I twist the Brillo into a tube & tightly coil it into the bowl, then anything else. I try to make it into a shape that will hold the DMT oil & feed it back into itself while it melts & runs along the wires of the mesh)

OK, OK......I know I just waaaaaaay over explained how to prepare a dose on a Brillo (metal mesh) bowl.
This is really not at all difficult....I just explained every 'lil detail of how I do it!!
You can always just stuff some Brillo in a bowl & melt the DMT into it while taking you first hit, but you will burn some of the spice & it will not be evenly distributed across the whole Brill's mesh, so it will tend to run more & burn up easier.
Also, not every bubbler, or bong works equally as good for this method of vaporizing. You need a medium sized pipe/bong with a "thumb-carb"...NOT a "pull-stem"!!! That way you can keep the heat source above the bowl the entire time & maintain a good vaping temp.
And the thumb-carb's hole needs to be big & wide enough to clear the whole chamber of vapor easily.

So there you go...another post with way too much, over-explained info from WS.....Embarrased
...do with it as you will!

Cheers!!
WS