We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Severe Dental Abscess Options

Tony6Strings
#1 Posted : 4/22/2020 9:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of my upper incisors (eye tooth) has some decay, I've experienced some problems this last year with tooth ache as a result. About a week ago it started hurting. The pain spread from the tooth to the surrounding areas. My throat, ear, nose, lower eyeball, the whole left side of my face basically, turned to one screaming horror show of excruciating pain. A couple nights ago I was awake all night, drinking on a jug of homemade mead, trying to dull the pain. That morning I threw up from a mix of pain and drinking all night. In between pulls from my jug I would apply some dollar tree orajel (benzocaine) to a toothbrush and brush that side of my mouth. Anything for a moments relief. My girl finally got us a ride to urgent care (the busses are shut down due to CoVid, Transit is doing Dial-A-Lift on a case by case basis for essential trips).

My Doctor prescribed me some Augmentin (amoxicillin and something). The day I started taking them, an abscess emerged from the roof of my mouth, behind the tooth in question. I'm taking my medicine and waiting.

This kind of pain is crazy. It felt like my head would explode. Abscess is getting smaller little by little. I wanted it to burst to relieve the pressure. Pain is less now. I am getting better. What a freaking nightmare.

Link to a good recipe for mead. https://gotmead.com/blog...clove-and-cinnamon-mead/

olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 4/22/2020 10:09:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't underestimate the seriousness of your situation. I don't want to frighten you, but a dental abcess can have very serious consequences.

The moment you start noticing backpains, or being much more tired than usual, shortness of breath, immediately go to a doctor and ask to be tested for all the bacteria associated with necrotising fasciitis.

It is good that they gave you amoxillin, but if there where any of these bacteria already in your bloodstream before you started taking it, then they could have gone to your heartvalves or cartilage.

kerelsk
#3 Posted : 4/22/2020 10:21:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad you got to a doctor Tony, it's a horrible time trying to deal with dentistry with the covid around... As dragonrider has mentioned, it can become systemically and fatally dangerous.

I had a very painful abscess just a month before the lockdown happened, and am lucky enough to have a wonderful significant other willing to lend me the $1200 to pay the dentists upfront for the root canal procedure... I'm still trying to work that bill off and that's not including the added $800 for cap and filling...

You're not alone on this, and I wish I knew of more resources. If you're in a big city with a dental college, during normal times I hear they can offer reduced prices for allowing a student to work on you (with the supervision of someone more experienced, of course).

One of many ways we're sliding back into a state of pre-modern time in the US. I hope you prioritize this problem highly, whether that be thru root canal or just ripping the damn thing out... it's a terrible place to be in but if you're up against dying the solution is obvious. Crying or very sad

Peace and strength, friend <3 <3

GoneWiththeWind
#4 Posted : 4/23/2020 12:04:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You should see a dentist. It sounds like a periapical abscess. The incisor probably has a carious lesion that has reached the pulp. If that's the case you'll keep getting infections until you get a root canal or extraction. I would get it done asap. Oral abscesses are no joke. You can lose your airway and asphyxiate, pass the infection to your brain, get a systemic infection, etc.
-dental student

Edit: if you're curious, that tooth is innervated by the anterior superior alveolar nerve which comes from the maxillary division of the trigeminal. The trigeminal nerve provides all the sensory innervation for your face which explains why the pain was felt all over.

RhythmSpring
#5 Posted : 4/23/2020 7:08:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know I'll get stoned for this (the bad kind of stoning) but I'll give my two cents.

Buy a red onion.

Slice the onion, bit by bit. Put a slice in your mouth and chew slowly. It does not matter how much you eat as long as you are chewing some raw red onion constantly for, oh, say, 15-30 minutes. Points for chewing it where the abscess is.

Any pus, phlegm, etc. in and around your oral cavity should drain, and the inflammation should go way down. Repeat as necessary.

I did this for a nasty tooth infection about 2 months ago and it worked like magic.

Better than garlic (and tastier, too!).

From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

potnoble
#6 Posted : 4/24/2020 11:59:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wish you the best Tony.
Toothaches are the fookin worst and tripping can intensify it even more.

Hope you can find relief dyoode
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

moyshekapoyre
#7 Posted : 4/27/2020 10:41:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have cured all oral infections in myself and others by brushing and swishing pure DMSO.
Dentists better find another job.