We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychotria DW02 division success Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 4/22/2020 10:10:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I got a leaf cutting, which rooted very easily and quickly. It took a while to produce green shoots though.

But from that one leaf, 3 separate stems emerged. I was repotting it and realized it had something like a rhizome and I was able to separate one stem from the other two. So now I have 2 plants, each with its own root system.

It's very encouraging that root division works, as that can make propagation much quicker.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ferrum
#2 Posted : 4/23/2020 11:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is that p. Nexus or another type ? I collect viridis and others and I've never heard of that cultivar .

Congrats on the cell specialization growth . It's amazing how they can do that ,i only wish caapi would propagate from leaf cuttings and other plants of interest like chaliponga but vine cutting clones isn't too bad either really imo .

Jagube
#3 Posted : 4/24/2020 3:14:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ferrum wrote:
Is that p. Nexus or another type ? I collect viridis and others and I've never heard of that cultivar .

Nexus is DW01, this is DW02. Still a cross between the same species (P. viridis and P. carthagenensis), but a different one. It also looks quite different and is apparently slightly more potent.

Ferrum
#4 Posted : 4/24/2020 7:14:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting , I'm glad work is still being done on those hybrids , they really are metabolically faster . I must have the DW01 in that case, and it was a dream come true when growth rates were observed against , pretty hardy as well I've noticed .

Congrats again .

Question, have you ever seen the DW01 s set seed , and if so are they viable ?ive been waiting to see if mine do and I have been wanting to run tests with then if so , but I heard rumors that they were sterile . But nothing solid

Jagube
#5 Posted : 4/25/2020 12:26:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The higher (>2) numbered hybrids are all Nexus (DW01) x P. viridis (either standard or UDV), the former being the pistillate parent and the latter being the staminate one.

Pistillate = female, so if I understand correctly, it's the Nexus that set the seed that these plants came from.
Jagube attached the following image(s):
psychotria hybrids.jpg (20kb) downloaded 55 time(s).

Ferrum
#6 Posted : 4/25/2020 1:39:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW! I had no idea so much work had been started I'm glad however bc most viridis I have and others too are God aweful slow .

I've been waiting for my DW01 to get to reproductive ages to try to cross with older albas only because only to try and I had so many and my carth has not gained size enough yet .

But I'm happy others are too bc these hybrids are so clean and easy to propagate and can stand low temps even sometimes as you know .

Had no idea , crazy , makes sense as well to take iterations and back cross them against viridis for more potent cultivars that was a good idea .

skoobysnax
#7 Posted : 5/5/2020 3:00:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
I got a leaf cutting, which rooted very easily and quickly. It took a while to produce green shoots though.

But from that one leaf, 3 separate stems emerged. I was repotting it and realized it had something like a rhizome and I was able to separate one stem from the other two. So now I have 2 plants, each with its own root system.

It's very encouraging that root division works, as that can make propagation much quicker.

If the leaf is still alive make a couple small snap breaks in the middle of the leaf stem and replant it. I had one just keep giving.

Curious of anyone knows exactly what variety the alleged PV that botanical spirit was selling actually is. Mine is a 9' tall now but definitely doesn't look like PV although similar. Looks more alba.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?