We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
(UPDATED 4/2021)BE WARNED: I have become immune to DMT. The Dreaded Lockout has taken me Options

xss27
#41 Posted : 4/18/2020 7:37:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

EphemeralTruth wrote:
In the meantime, a suggestion might be to try out other forms of spirituality? I've been simultaneously interested in lucid dreaming, astral travel, opening the 3rd eye, etc. There's a lot out there that is peripherally related to the exploration of consciousness that might be interesting or valuable. I CONTINUE to be surprised that much of it is real once you get passed the religious-sounding vocabulary and some egotistical preaching. Best of luck!

A good suggestion. When you achieve waking state lucidity inside a dream it will strike you as profoundly as any DMT experience, more so even. The clarity of the profundity is worth far more than anything any substance can give you.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sbios
#42 Posted : 4/22/2020 7:50:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

coAsTal wrote:
I thank you all, (including xss27!) for your kindness, concern, and helpful thoughts--even criticism is welcome, because I posted to hear your thoughts and share my situation with you.
I am at peace with this time of cleansing and re-focus on other things in life-- I just really want to understand the why/how of what's happened, and for deeper reasons than just experiencing DMT again.
Propello, I saw that thread from Glossolalia where he experienced the same thing. It's part of the reason I wonder so strongly what the mechanism of this experience is.

If only to warn/educate/guide others from reaching the same cul-de-sac, which again seems to afflict even short-time users.

I want to stress to you that I don't dismiss out-of-hand the premise that this is some kind of sub- or meta-conscious blocking effect. I'm inclined to believe that it could be some form of mental declaration that I'm not in a life state where I am/can be receptive to that frequency or mode of being.

My soul could be locking me into regular life right now because that's where I need to be. But I don't necessarily want the conversation in the community to just wave off the chemistry and physical realities of this effect either-- because saying "the universe said so" may be right, but that says nothing about "how" it said so!
And while it's easy to just say "if you abuse, you lose" it's not factually correct in 99% of users-- so while such sentiments are emotionally satisfying, they're not accurate for most people and don't explain anything to help others learn from the condition.

I hope this is all coming across as a measured effort to try and shine light on what/how this happens. I want the conversation to be fruitful for future searchers that go through this and stumble upon this thread in their efforts to understand how to navigate through times like this.

I do appreciate your sharing of your experience. I recently start trying a little 5-HTP and just happened to read that there is negative interaction between harmalas and 5-HTP. While my dose on 5-HTP and harmalas are relatively low, but knowing the potential adverse effects in combining with SSRIs is important for all of us.

There is no need to judge there because I also see that many of us can get into injury or accident with just a momentary lapse of attention or carelessness. Things do happen and how we learn to do better... If any consolation, to know that nothing is permanent, not even your brain... there is the plasticity in your own brain's healing. You just got to trust it with action - that is healthier diet, or perhaps some sort of detox or fasting...etc, whatever you find can help in promoting your healing.

Perhaps you can try different methods of breathworks. Once I had massive headache non-stop that lasts almost two days. It only got better when I started just do continuous breathwork. There is a link between the rate and amount of oxygen intake to the brain processes that might associate with the regeneration. Of course your case is quite different, but might be something worth a try.

downwardsfromzero
#43 Posted : 4/22/2020 7:41:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dragonrider wrote:

I once took some melatonin with a fairly moderate amount of syrian rue, expecting to fall asleep even faster than would normally be the case.

It resulted in an MDMA kind of stimulation, keeping me awake for hours.

I've had a noticeable effect from cherry juice, corresponding somewhat with what dragonrider describes, while on harmalas - so it appears melatonin-rich fruits are something to be aware of. This would include strawberries.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ShamensStamen
#44 Posted : 4/22/2020 8:27:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I used to take Melatonin every night for years, hours into my Rue dosage. Was never an issue except for the Harmalas' CYP1A2 inhibition causing potentiation of the Melatonin dosage thus causing way more Melatonin to be absorbed than would otherwise happen. Never noticed any stimulation, always noticed increased drowsiness, along with next day increased irritability and grogginess, also think it caused some nausea and sometimes vomiting, while on the Rue, but i'd take Melatonin dosages of 10 to 25mgs. which on top of the CYP1A2 inhibition, probably ended up being waaaaaay more than that.

corridors of my cells
#45 Posted : 4/23/2020 8:33:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Similar thing happened to me. Natural cycle is after abusing it in Honeymoon Phase it tells you to give a break and you go for a less frequent period. Then eventually it will tell you to stop until you get a new "Call" after few months. I also tried to do it before i get the call and my trips were very poor quality, mostly consisting of some daily images mixing into each other like a broken computer game graphics. Few times it slapped me hard giving me this unpleasant feeling like "What does the monkey want ? monkey wants to trip ? here is your trip *shows middle finger*, now go away monkey find another thing to do in your life". Then i realized until you get a new call its never the right time to do it again. When you experience this you shouldn't insist on tripping. But your experience is a whole new level thing to me. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Tony6Strings
#46 Posted : 4/25/2020 7:27:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Coastal! How goes the break? Doing well over here.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Matoskah
#47 Posted : 4/25/2020 7:42:29 PM

White bear

Hey all, checking in on how our traveler is doing while not trying to derail the subject.

What works well for me is to do things seasonally; I like to go on intensively once a year or so and then focus on others things. Sometimes several years passes and when I do get back to it there's nothing like it, once more Love

I hope your job-situation works out for you; I am unaffected by the virus and the effects that it's affected society with.

Be well.

coAsTal
#48 Posted : 4/25/2020 9:48:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm doing well my friends-- thank you so much for checking up. I'm staying busy doing other things lately-- and I've been paying particular attention to eating green and staying clean. I have a couple longer-term mushroom growing projects that are scratching my itch to be near our special friends, though they're probably months away from...erm...fruition. Laughing
I've not yet decided if I will attempt to vape next week, or wait longer. I'll let you all know once I make that decision. Cool

Tony6Strings
#49 Posted : 4/26/2020 10:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am contemplating on how I will break my fast from the spice. I've got some changa that I made right after this thread was started which I want to try. Chocolate mint and strawberry leaves infused with spice and harmalas.

Before this thread, I was feeling a call to work with pharma. Oftentimes I used to ignore this in favor of the smoalk. I am considering breaking my fast with a pharma.

Or I could just do what I usually do: smoke a harmala cigarette, followed by 40 mg in my gvg in one inhalation held for 20 seconds, then fall back on the bed and into hyperspace!!!
olympus mon wrote:

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

acacian
#50 Posted : 4/27/2020 7:56:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just give it some time.. its hard to say at this stage whether it will be a long term thing or not. My bet is probably not. Might just be the molecule's way of telling you that you need a break/period of integration before you can move forward with it.

OneIsEros
#51 Posted : 4/28/2020 10:50:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is fascinating and very tragic. My take away from it is this though:

Supplements are next to useless unless you’re a pro-athlete, and they are potentially dangerous, because their activities are really not thoroughly well understood, as a general rule of thumb.

And yes!!!!!! 5-HTP with rue, as you were aware, is a serotonin syndrome recipe.

Do not mix medications or supplements with rue or caapi.... first safety lesson when ayahuasca is explained to someone.

You are lucky to be alive. Just so all the kids reading this know: this was a very lucky escape from death. This is really a happy story, because you get to tell the story and simply have to do without tripping for an undetermined period of time.

Everyone here is saying to lay off the drugs for a while. I’d go further and say: stop taking supplements and shit too, unless you have a really concerning medical diagnosis from a doctor that would make that inadvisable.

Let your body be itself, for a long time. Eat food, maybe some coffee or tea.... but past that.... let your body work itself out. Exercise, meditate, eat well, and leave it at that. As everyone has pointed out: if you want to get back to baseline, stop interfering with your body’s chemistry. All it does is introduce a variable in the process that is not well understood by science. Just let the body do its own work, it most likely doesn’t need any assistance beyond that for an extended period of time. Try it for a year. No drugs, alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, supplements —————- just healthy diet and exercise.

If you do that for 1-2 years, you’ll probably be fine.

coAsTal
#52 Posted : 4/29/2020 2:19:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the kind advice-- it's well received.

I have been eating very clean (mostly) in general for many years. Especially lately. I admit my diet isn't unassailable, but I heavily weight towards greens and vegetables in general, with good high quality meat sparingly.

I don't drink, don't eat sugar but perhaps once a week.
My primary supplementation is vitamin/mineral-based for optimal body levels. I understand exactly what you're saying though, and it's good general advice for anyone that is following this thread to follow.

Thumbs up

AikyO
#53 Posted : 4/29/2020 9:30:55 AM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Most people are actually immune to the DMT in themselves and have to wait for the pipeline of time to come their way to get and know about it Big grin

Nothing is set, it'll come back and through. There's no skin that does not age !
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Tony6Strings
#54 Posted : 4/30/2020 11:24:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ended my break last night. Had a really nice pharma. This break has been a really good thing for me. Thanks for this Coastal. I want to be much more mindful of my spice use from here on out. I will smoalk less in effort to make these experiences more meaningful. Also I feel called towards taking pharma, I feel it has more practical therapeutic value as opposed to vaporised dmt.
olympus mon wrote:

coAsTal
#55 Posted : 4/30/2020 11:54:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So glad to hear my friend-- at least one good thing came out of my bad experience Smile
I'm still not sure I'm up for a fresh attempt yet-- I really want to feel genuinely awesome physically before I dip a toe in, and I feel like I'm on the right track generally-- but I still have more to accomplish.

We'll see-- I'm not under any particular timetable, and my spice isn't going to disappear if I wait Razz

coAsTal
#56 Posted : 5/2/2020 7:43:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Still doesn't work-- though body effect is more pronounced for sure.
Another couple of weeks I'll try again.

Tony6Strings
#57 Posted : 5/2/2020 8:40:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh man. Bummer. I'm sorry.
olympus mon wrote:

coAsTal
#58 Posted : 5/3/2020 3:25:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So sad-- no words for it

Matoskah
#59 Posted : 5/4/2020 11:00:56 PM

White bear

For the sake of being thorough have you tried it in different forms? Vape, aya, pharma etc.?

Not sure if this might be helpful to you but my general attitude in life is:
What I can do with, I can do without. Hence my long seasonal "breaks" but I don't think of them as breaks, there's no time set in stone and it makes it all the better for me. I hate planning.

Hope your doing well otherwise, read about your food and you do sound like a healthy eaterThumbs up

EphemeralTruth
#60 Posted : 5/6/2020 7:35:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

coAsTal wrote:
So sad-- no words for it

If that receptor was damaged and needs to repair, it'll probably be at least a few months. Don't give up!

PREV12345NEXT