We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
This might sound crazy, but could brain pictures bepossible? Options

newswimmer
#1 Posted : 1/9/2008 8:52:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Think about all the technological advances science has made over the years. You think that one day it would be possible to take "pictures" of what the brain is seeing/processing? I would love to see a "photograph" of what my brain sees when I'm "out there". I can come back, and know what I saw, but not recall it vividly. I think it would be interesting to be able to look at what I saw in sober mind set w/ an analytical mind. What do you think? Think one day it could be possible? Would you want to see it from a sober perspective? I'll be first to sign up for that experiment.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

El Ka Bong
#2 Posted : 1/10/2008 7:59:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Remember this movie..? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085271/plotsummary Basically a VCR-for the brain - record anything you can imagine or experience, including dying. Stanislav Grof was even consulted during it's making (see credits). And Natalie Wood died during the filming. After seeing the movie, I thought for-sure we had invented the thing already !~ ... way back then ... in some secret Russian lab somewhere...

newswimmer
#3 Posted : 1/10/2008 2:25:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'll have to look into that movie. I've never seen/heard of it. It was however filmed the year of my birth Pleased

The Dream Walker
#4 Posted : 1/11/2008 7:30:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've definitely always wanted to be able to record the goings on of my brain...but I don't think that we'll be doing it any time soon. Even just for a rudimentary transcript of an inner monologue, scientists would have to find (if they haven't already) where on the brain said monologue is either generated or perceived and further be able to translate electrical and chemical signals into a human language. Perhaps with extreme advances in AI there will be a deep enough understanding of the mechanics of thought to be able to convert those signals, but it'll be awhile. Or maybe hyperspace aliens will teach us to materialize memory through glossolalia... Wink