We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Phenylethylamine, MAO-B, Mistletoe Options

dithyramb
#21 Posted : 8/26/2023 7:48:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers, dfz, thank you for your resonance.

I don't think I will have a golden sickle with me... 😊 And about the avoiding falling on the ground custom, I believe it is an energetic oriented custom, similar to how if the mazatec don't use mushrooms picked if something negative happens on the way carrying it home... More specifically, mistletoe is associated with the sky (god(s)) (I personally can confirm that mistletoe's spirit has a "sky father" vibe to it) and falling on the ground might be interpreted as a contamination of it's essence. The ancients thought in very different ways than we do...

Yes I also considered the viscotoxins being proteins along with my subjective experience. Though I am not sure if it is the viscotoxins that cause side effects. Pharmacological naming or association can be misleading or confusing. Harmine and harmaline are often considered toxic in pharmacology...

About olive leaf, I really doubt it has its own psychoactivity. Waiting for more data from you.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 8/26/2023 9:36:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The olive leaf is somewhat incidental really, but thinking back to it I remember a sensation like the clarity of mushrooms without any of the trippy element. Logically, one can most likely ascribe this to improved brain blood flow. It was more nootropic than psychoactive.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dithyramb
#23 Posted : 1/14/2024 3:54:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
dithyramb wrote:

The feeling of being on a threshold of a psychedelic experience... I still believe it is possible to cross this threshold with mistletoe.

This is also my experience - promising threshold of psychedelic experience is there, but this does not change to real experience with higher dose.

High doubledog. How do you prepare you mistletoe? Fresh/dry? Grinded/whole? Leaves/leaves + stems? Boil/lower heat simmer? Concentrated/unconcentrated tea?
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

doubledog
#24 Posted : 1/14/2024 5:57:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It was long time ago and tea was given to me by my friend, so hard to tell exactly, but I believe it was concentrated simmered tea from fresh leaves.
Some effects were noticeable also from smoked leaves, iirc.

PREV12